This is some BS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is some BS...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100804/...nd_zero_mosque

I don't think they should be allowed to build it so close to Ground Zero. That's a big slap in the face to Americans.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

let them do it. Would be awesome to watch an american blow that building to crap!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Repost
Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slash8915
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100804/...nd_zero_mosque

I don't think they should be allowed to build it so close to Ground Zero. That's a big slap in the face to Americans.
Why? Grouping an entire religion because of what a few did.. Racist? I will agree they could have built it somewhere else but this IS AMERICA. They have the right to build that **** wherever they want. Just like you have the right to build a neo **** "as an example" facility next door to it..

Not to mention every Musilm that attends this mosque will be watched by DHS 24x7..
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

I get Muslims in my building all the time. Sure some of them dress weird, but we are just as weird to them. I haven't found any bombs laying around or anything. Let them build it. They have the right.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

lets build a german restaurant down the road from treblinka in the name of tolerance. anyone?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 AM
On The Tree

they shouldnt allow them to build their mousque that close thats some b.s. Its a national monument where thousands of AMERICANS died on that day, you dont see a Japanese memorial around pearl harbor...just sayin.

thats just my .02
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if Jews were flying those planes, "Americans" should not allow a synagogue built near there? How about a Catholic ... no Chapels? Mustang owners ... no Ford dealerships?

Americans need to get beyond the stereotyping of the Muslim faith and realize it was something more than the faith itself that caused 9/11.

America has had our share of religious zealots that have caused death and/or harm to others ... Jim Jones, Jim Baker, Madeline Murray O'Hare to name a few.

With those, we don't condemn the faith, just the zealots. As always, the faith is the easy target. But it doesn't solve the problem.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Teching In

There are way to many ***** *** dickless bitches that dont stand up for anything on this forum!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
So if Jews were flying those planes, "Americans" should not allow a synagogue built near there? How about a Catholic ... no Chapels? Mustang owners ... no Ford dealerships?

Americans need to get beyond the stereotyping of the Muslim faith and realize it was something more than the faith itself that caused 9/11.

America has had our share of religious zealots that have caused death and/or harm to others ... Jim Jones, Jim Baker, Madeline Murray O'Hare to name a few.

With those, we don't condemn the faith, just the zealots. As always, the faith is the easy target. But it doesn't solve the problem.
Yeah guy, that's pretty much what I'm saying. I'm not racist, and I'm not trying to single out any religion, but I think it's ridiculous that they are trying to build a mosque right next to the very site that the radical muslims destroyed.

Again, I'm not saying these people had anything to do with it, but why the hell would they even consider building it right there??! Move it a mile down the street atleast, jeez...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash8915
... that radicals that just happen to be muslims, destroyed.
I fixed it ...

Again, it's not the faith that did it ... it's the zealots under the sheild of the faith.

The faith shouldn't be the target.

I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Southern Baptist ... a faith that is about as far right as you can be.

So if my SBC bretheren were flying those planes, no KFCs could be built near GZ.

I'm just saying, look beyond the faith at the real problem. It's not easy ...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I fixed it ...

Again, it's not the faith that did it ... it's the zealots under the sheild of the faith.

The faith shouldn't be the target.

I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Southern Baptist ... a faith that is about as far right as you can be.

So if my SBC bretheren were flying those planes, no KFCs could be built near GZ.

I'm just saying, look beyond the faith at the real problem. It's not easy ...
I understand what the real problem is. Again, I'm not saying "**** all muslims, they should never build another mosque in America". I'm just saying that it's a bit disrespectful to build one RIGHT THERE. Yes the radicals just HAPPENED to be Muslim. Hell, most of the world hates us, so it could have been anyone. But since they WERE Muslim, I just don't feel it's right that they build their place of worship right next to the site their terrorists destroyed.

I know some people that think we should just kill all muslims and be done with it. I don't agree with them. I work with several people of middle eastern descent, and like them a lot. But even some of THEM don't think a mosque should be built right next to GZ just out of the principal of it.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't they just move down the block? It was kinda stupid of them to decide to build next to ground zero. What kind of response were they expecting from those yankees? "Congrats and we support your faith." Hell no. Somebody cut them a deal and stop the bitching.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoudGM
Well your only 15 once so you might as well talk ****. So with that being said, suck my dick trenaman!!!

PS...your a little bitch!
lol

Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LoudGM
Well your only 15 once so you might as well talk ****. So with that being said, suck my dick trenaman!!!

PS...your a little bitch!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I think some of you are confusing racism (which in itself doesn't make sense because anyone from any "race" can be muslim....but I digress...) with common courtesy. We're not saying they shouldn't build a Mosque there because we hate Muslims. We're saying they should respect the fact that the certain spot they want to build on is very close to a site that was the scene of a national tragedy and build somewhere else. No matter how people like to say it's not, that subject is still a very tender issue in this nation. Let them build their Mosque....somewhere else. In my opinion, they need to just keep a decent sized portion of Ground Zero set aside as a monument for reflection. Not on the evils of a religion, but of the zealotry (that can stem from just about anything, religious or social) that can make people do horrible things to their fellow human beings.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

I believe they are building it right next to Ground Zero to make a statement, that is bullshit. The New York City area is over 300 square miles, go build that mosque elsewhere...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Yes they have a right to do it, but you seriously cannot say that this doesn't rub you the wrong way.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TechCam97
I think some of you are confusing racism (which in itself doesn't make sense because anyone from any "race" can be muslim....but I digress...) with common courtesy. We're not saying they shouldn't build a Mosque there because we hate Muslims. We're saying they should respect the fact that the certain spot they want to build on is very close to a site that was the scene of a national tragedy and build somewhere else. No matter how people like to say it's not, that subject is still a very tender issue in this nation. Let them build their Mosque....somewhere else. In my opinion, they need to just keep a decent sized portion of Ground Zero set aside as a monument for reflection. Not on the evils of a religion, but of the zealotry (that can stem from just about anything, religious or social) that can make people do horrible things to their fellow human beings.
Why would building a religious facility meant for helping others, worship, and giving back to the community be a horrible thing to build near a national tradgedy? Just because those who hijacked the planes were butchering the religion and trying to use it as justification for their actions doesn't mean that those who follow the religion are in anyway related.

I mean you guys realize that maybe a block away (or was it 2? Can't recall) there is atleast 2 churches already built by Ground Zero. Are those okay because they're not for muslims? Had it been a home grown terrorist who was a christian who flew those planes into the WTC, would those churches need to go?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM
8 Second Club

I'll beat everyone up!