LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thinking of going back to stock...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of going back to stock...

Cliff notes scroll down...disregard the next couple paragraphs...

Well, due to my financial situation, I need to get rid of one of my 4 cars, I own a 02 Honda Civic (wife's car) a 91 v6/5speed RS Camaro, a 1972 Pontiac GTO, and of course you guys all know my LT1 Camaro.

My GTO was my first car so no way is that car for sale. I really dont want to get rid of either Camaro since the 91 is a nice solid rust free car thats almost finished (and a potential LT1/LS1 canidate) and I have just repainted and have the Lt1 running good now.

So...my thought is sell the Honda (no brainer) pay off the loan on it. So the only way to "keep" my Camaros is to give my wife one...so I figure the 94 will be more reliable for her than a 91 v6 with 175K on it, plus the a v8 swap in the 91 would be badass. But now for her to drive it, it has to perform like a "normal" car. So...

I need help from you guys, I threw away or sold most of my stock stuff. Ill need to convert back to heat/air conditioning. Put power steering back in, currently running just the alternator and crank pulley. I have windshield wipers, just need the washer tank and lines. Need a ls1 center console and shifter. Find factory type tires (i have salad shooter but maybe some factory chrome wheels) Trade of my dual exhaust for y-pipe setup, factory steering wheel, reinstall crash supports and factory steering wheel, need a radio (wife says its a Must) Maybe trade the cowl hood/ls1 intake setup for a SS style hood. The performance parts that dont effect drivability will stay...Im sure as I start going back to "stock" Ill have more parts I will need but those are what I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe work out some trades for stock stuff. I have a competition engineering 8 point cage that wont go to use unless it will work in the third gen.

Trust me, I hate this more than u guys think, but its the only way I can keep the car right now unless I win the lottery. Been unemployed for a few months and have bills overdue

Cliff notes for the lazy people...Turning my car back to a daily driver, looking for stock stuff and possible trades.

Also is there an aftermarket a/c and heat setup I can run for this car since it would be near impossible to locate all the factory stuff. She needs the car soon so I cant piece it together piece by piece.

Last edited by Black94Z28; 08-07-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Arn't you getting unemployment?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pyro719
Arn't you getting unemployment?
No, the bodyshop I worked at told me they filled me as a full time employee where they lied and filed me as a 1099 worker. My stupid fault for not doing the math and I never got paystubs to verify they were taking taxes out. And I found another job anyways. I start next week but my old boss couldnt afford to pay us workers before he closed down so I worked 3 weeks without pay and was unemployed for another 3. So I have a bunch of bills that are overdue now and if I could get rid of the Honda payment that would help (260 a month)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dug threw my parts in my garage, found my stock seatbelts, sway bar brackets, ac compressor, stock shifter, stock rear springs, horns and a couple misc pieces I needed.

I need to figure out how to wire up the horn since I removed the wiring before. Any easy way? Or something aftermarket be a better choice?

Also, is there any aftermarket HVAC I can run thats smaller and easier to install? something like the street rod guys use without the billit ****.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell the Camaro and drive the civic. It's just a car...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats your dual setup? I have a LPP ory that i havent used and plan on going duals
Old 08-08-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Verz
whats your dual setup? I have a LPP ory that i havent used and plan on going duals
Its made to fit with no modifications, no kinks in the exhaust either. Dual 3 inch from the headers back to the mufflers, which are magnaflows. they end right before the axle.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

We all love our F bodys but you need to sell the 91 and 94 Camaros to pay off the loan on the Civic.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going back to stock...