Anyone know where i can get a GOOD tune in Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where i can get a GOOD tune in Austin?

looking for anyone to fix my tune after a cam swap in Austin, anyone know somebody?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Launching!

I think the big import shop in town does LSx engines. Boost Logic? There's also Reichart (sp) up north and ART down south.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reckhart Performance Tuning is what he means...Brian is good at what he does for sure! Not sure if BL tunes LSXs really.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
8 Second Club

Justin Nenni will tune anything and it will probably be the BEST tune, unless it's a bolt on car because there is no skill in tuning that... Just the tuning is not cheap... Listen to Hyde and others because they know the LS1 shops up there better than I.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde
Reckhart Performance Tuning is what he means...Brian is good at what he does for sure! Not sure if BL tunes LSXs really.
I've never dealt with Reckhart but I heard good things. I think ART is mainly a Viper / Ford GT shop.

I just heard from someone they were having BL tune their c6z06 but the owner used to have a Supra. BL may only do it for previous/special customers.

There's also Henderson down in New Braunfels and Lethal Performance in north SA.

If you're a computer geek you can just do it yourself. HP Tuners + a wideband will run you what it costs for 2-3 tuning sessions at a shop.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Justin Nenni will tune anything and it will probably be the BEST tune, unless it's a bolt on car because there is no skill in tuning that... Just the tuning is not cheap... Listen to Hyde and others because they know the LS1 shops up there better than I.
What shop is justin nenni at?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 PM
8 Second Club

Justin can usually be found at Boost Logic. He usually works out of their shop. Like I said though unless you are doing some MAJOR mod's it's not worth it. A basic tune for a bolt on car is going to be the same no matter where you go. Unless you have a retard behind the computer.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin is expensive. He is usually at BL tuning an exotic that some rich Middle-Eastern or Panamanian client shipped all the way to Austin - to give you an idea. From what I understand, he also travels to some high end clients that fly him out. His reputation is stellar and known relatively world-wide.

Brian Reckart is awesome with LSX tunes. He is a friend and has tuned both of my blower cars. His rates are also more in line with the working man's wallet. He has a Dynapack dyno, which is an excellent tuning tool.

Google Reckart Performance Tuning. I can't put a non-sponsor website up, but you'll find it in 10 seconds.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM

Contact Patrick G.