Got my first ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got my first ticket today

Just curious how I get rid of it? Never had a ticket before. It was for a 48 in a 30(school zone) and no proof of insurance but I don't think he wrote school zone on there. I can't believe I was going that fast since I barely romped on it but I am not complaining since I should have gotten 4 more tickets on top of that.

I should be able to take defensive driving right? I am 17 if age matters but it was under 20 over.

The cop was a pretty cool guy, I was pissed about something so I got sideways leaving the parking lot and barely tapped second leaving school. He saw everything but just got me for 18 over.

My friend said have it deferred or something. He has memorized the defensive driving questions so if I can do that it would be great. I don't mind paying a fine but I am proud of my driving record and don't want a ticket on there.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to court, ask to keep it off your record, do defensive driving, submit paper work/proof of completion and call it a day.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take defensive driving, and it will be deferred.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getdefensive.com ... MF cake.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Go to defensive driving...whatever you do don't plead guilty..

Plea no contest.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

The speeding ticket just take defensive driving, and the insurance you will have to get it deferred if you dont want it on your record, or just take the proof of insurance and it should be dismissed.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought you could only do defensive if its less than 15 over...dont remember for sure though
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

If he wrote you was in a school zone you are fucked... No deferred, no defencive driving and the fine is doubled
Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Steps to win!

1) Go to court and pay court fees and file for defensive driving. (even if it isnt your court date yet) like 105 bucks
2) Send out for your driving record online (like 12 bucks)
3) retailmenot.com/view/comedydefensivedriving.com (save 5 bucks like me haha)
4) comedydefensivedriving.com 20bucks? if not 25 dont remember

and your done.. something about 17year olds and TA's cops dont like.. got a 75 in 55 about 2 months ago! Good luck
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
If he wrote you was in a school zone you are fucked... No deferred, no defencive driving and the fine is doubled
Yes you can .. Just go to the Judge he will more the likely just tell you to do defencive driving and slow your **** down lol
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp483
Steps to win!

1) Go to court and pay court fees and file for defensive driving. (even if it isnt your court date yet) like 105 bucks
2) Send out for your driving record online (like 12 bucks)
3) retailmenot.com/view/comedydefensivedriving.com (save 5 bucks like me haha)
4) comedydefensivedriving.com 20bucks? if not 25 dont remember

and your done.. something about 17year olds and TA's cops dont like.. got a 75 in 55 about 2 months ago! Good luck
Whatever you don't do listen to #1 if you take the class before the date it will not count. And you will have to retake the class all over again.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I looked on the ticket and it only says "fines doubled" under construction but it is checked for the school zone. That would be my luck though. So do I just call the number and ask for defensive driving?

I don't mind paying a couple fees because it was entirely my fault, yet I don't it on my record because my insurance is enough as it is.

And Kp483, I think it had more to do with being *** end WOT around a turn haha. I don't know how true the stories about the motorcycle cops are but apparently I am very lucky. I left my windows down at school so my interior got wet and I was letting off some steam.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I looked on the ticket and it only says "fines doubled" under construction but it is checked for the school zone. That would be my luck though. So do I just call the number and ask for defensive driving?

I don't mind paying a couple fees because it was entirely my fault, yet I don't it on my record because my insurance is enough as it is.

Just go to court .. plea not guilt or no contest to see the judge. Ask him for defensive driving. DO NOT PLEA GUILTY!!! you have points to worry about now.

You don't want your insurance to go up then listen to me.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

I looked on the ticket and it only says "fines doubled" under construction but it is checked for the school zone
you're screwed.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Just go to court .. plea not guilt or no contest to see the judge. Ask him for defensive driving. DO NOT PLEA GUILTY!!! you have points to worry about now.

You don't want your insurance to go up then listen to me.
Alright sounds good. Do I just show up to the court or do I call the number first?

Too bad I can't read the God damn court date. I think it says the 28th which means now I have to tell my mom since it's a school day. I don't think she will care but I just rather her not know, she will probably get mad because I have to miss school which is a big thing to her.

And thanks, you guys are awesome. I had no clue what to do lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Dude best way to not be on your record is let it go to a warrant, sit it out on the weekend and done! No money. Too easy. Just a couple hours of sleep time.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

^^^^ that might be the stupidest **** i have ever heard, BUT, i will admit, it's the easiest and most painless.......

fail to appear
let it go to a warrant.
show up to Pearland PD and turn yourself in
get booked
talk to the judge in the morning and get set free.

p.s.
have a friend drop you off on a Friday afternoon. you'll be out by Saturday afternoon.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by imlooking
^^^^ that might be the stupidest **** i have ever heard, BUT, i will admit, it's the easiest and most painless.......

fail to appear
let it go to a warrant.
show up to Pearland PD and turn yourself in
get booked
talk to the judge in the morning and get set free.

p.s.
have a friend drop you off on a Friday afternoon. you'll be out by Saturday afternoon.
Rofl!!! It's not stupid, but it's true, he's 17, no responsibilities really, what a day or two of your time? Judge will know you turned yourself in and be even more lenient. I used to turn myself in 30 minutes before midnight and get credit for that 30 minutes for a full day.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Alright sounds good. Do I just show up to the court or do I call the number first?

Too bad I can't read the God damn court date. I think it says the 28th which means now I have to tell my mom since it's a school day. I don't think she will care but I just rather her not know, she will probably get mad because I have to miss school which is a big thing to her.

And thanks, you guys are awesome. I had no clue what to do lol.
You should call to make sure when you need to show up for court you have x-amount of days to plea.. Some it's 21 days other its just 7 day. This will be just to set the date for your court. Unless they are like Dallas county they will do it right there and then. District attorney will just ask you what you would like to do... And tell him.

Also let the court know about your school some can make it later in the aftenoon so you don't miss school.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

yeah, that's why i said to show up in the afternoon.

he'll be out after they process him, which will probably take about 4 or 5 hours after the judge see's him @ 7AM.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket today