PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(chicago area tuners welcome) where should i go for tuning in northern illinois???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow (chicago area tuners welcome) where should i go for tuning in northern illinois???

ok, i have already taken my car to modern muscle in oswego and had it dyno tuned. they can't get it right. so after taking it back to them three times i'm ready to cut my losses of $500 and move on to a shop that can get it right. please post your shop recomendations, experiences and performance outcome to help me decide who i'm going to take my car to next. thanks
Old 10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm taking mine to straightline , or speed inc. Speed is supposed to be great on Non NA. Straightline is good with NA from what I hear.

Last edited by LS88FoxBody; 10-11-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Inc. is a great option. They tune FI and NA, and are good at it. Trust them. They run a tight ship with people that know what they are doing.
I have EFI Connection on an F1A Procharged LT1. Mine was their first EFI Connection car, and they took it on with no reservations. Got me tuned and dyno'd, car drives and performs great.
What is your setup?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
ok, i have already taken my car to modern muscle in oswego and had it dyno tuned. they can't get it right. so after taking it back to them three times i'm ready to cut my losses of $500 and move on to a shop that can get it right. please post your shop recomendations, experiences and performance outcome to help me decide who i'm going to take my car to next. thanks
Just curious about what happened at Modern Muscle. Those guys are supposed to be pretty good.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would not recomend straight line due to the fact two cars i have seen that they tuned were not that spot on and had to be retuned by speed inc
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Default Dan Bills has tuned all my cars

FLP is my choice. Has tuned dozens of cars from my area over the last 6 years and has tuned two of mine. One FI and now 1 N/A. Dan runs a tight ship as well. Won't charge a ton of money. He will tune it until you are happy.
His personal car is one fast MFer.
If you go there tell him Troy Winters sent ya!

http://www.flp2win.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm thinking about going with speed inc. anyone have a bad/good experience with them?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<<<< Excellent experience here. Clean shop, great people, and they really know what they're doing.
If you're not too far away, take a drive over there and check out their shop (I drove 3 hours there to check it out). They always have some really nice iron in the shop they're working on. It will be very easy to trust them once you meet them and see the caliber of work they do at their shop. It's top-notch.