LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Checked out my dream car today and wow wat a disappointment..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checked out my dream car today and wow wat a disappointment..

I had always liked the evo 8 and 9 and when the X came out i was kinda stuck in between but figured a six speed and few more mods and visual upgrades werent bad but today i finally decided i was gunna go check them out so i mad it to the dealership and they had a newer evo X and older evo 8 so i checked out the newer style one and wow. what a disappointment. just blah.. wayyy to plain. :l

nice awd and all but seriously not worth it in my eyes, seats are hidious. although i like the front racing seats nothing to nice.. dash is ugly. outside is ok i guess but for the price i wouldnt trade it in the SS .. even if my payment did go down. they would basically give me ten for the SS and if i took off everything i got. which more then likely i wouldnt bother. but just thought id share my thoughts.

oh and this was a GSR i believe not MR.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

I prefer the subaru's myself. I dont think id sell the SS for one, but it would be nice to have one as a toy.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

10K for your SS? Yeah F that! Ford offered me 18K for my GXP last year for a Mustang GT. GM offered me 12K last month. I'll just keep it.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

k9 - yea me too but never really looked into them was just looking around and ended up at the dealer.

and david - yea but what they did was went on ebay and looked at the lowest price they had an SS for wit 80k miles and said that, so i was like i gotta go .lol
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Launching!

I'd trade my GXP for an Evo X in a heartbeat... damn skinny wallet.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The Evo X MR is an awsome car. I got to beat on one for a bit. It was one of the most fun cars Ive driven with the dual clutch auto. Id imagine a tune would do wonders for that car. It is kind of boring looking, but the interior from the gsr to the mr is night and day difference.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I gotta check it out. But idk seems a bit pricey tho
Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to check them out in May. The Recaro seats have great bolsters, but ones on the bottom are jsut way to narrow. I'm only 175 lbs, but my butt was way to wide to fit in the seats, felt like I was sitting on top of the bolsters. Don't think I could have sat in one for more than 10 minutes, so never even took one out for a test drive.

Dealer chased me for two weeks - even offered to swap out the seats for me. But by then I had the Legacy.