LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Detagging/Black SS Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detagging/Black SS Emblems

After some suggestions from friends and some photoshopping im seriously considering detagging the car and replacing the white emblems with black ones. i saw a few people have them on the site and wanted to know if they bought them somewhere or they have to be painted.

on another note i was playing around in photoshop and wanted to see what it would look like if i took the chevy badge off the grill. i started to like it and am wondering if theres a gril without the big block in the middle for the badge. also what do you guys think.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is what most people are using: http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=IMSS2
Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mike690003
This is what most people are using: http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=IMSS2
thanks alot i thought there was going to be some long painting and sanding process i would have to go through
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

id take that sticker off ur bumper
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
id take that sticker off ur bumper
its either that or a ticket.....campus security is a bunch of d-bags
Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Lol, thats when I would tell campus security to go blow thereselves, or pay for the paint repair when you do take the sticker off. Can't put it on your window?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xxmerc1914xx
its either that or a ticket.....campus security is a bunch of d-bags
There is no way in hell that I would stick that decal on my bumper. It shouldn't hurt the paint, assuming that it is just a vinyl decal, but it is the point.

OK, I am done venting. I also got mine from grafxwerks. My door and trunk emblems are "liquidome". They cost a little more, but are like a rubbery dome. It makes the decals easier to install and gives them a little different look, and makes them shiny.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like yours i got mine from them to but didnt get the liquidomes for the SSs
Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Launching!

i went to a graphics/ install shop near me and just purchased about a 18"x12" sheet of matte vinyl 3M decal for $5 ... and did it myself

just cut out a square large enough to do the whole emblem at once, and real gently press it into the contours of "SS" with your fingernails and then get real careful with an exacto knife ... i forgot how much those raised ones were on whatever site they were on and i was damn close to getting them too but i didnt want to feel

i got a little aggressive and impatient with the passenger side one, so ill be redoing it but the rest are fine ... i wouldnt get to close to them with the buffer but normal wash and wear and theyre fine so far ... like 2 weeks ... but then again i can do all 3 again with what i have left and still not have gotten close to the like 20-30 bucks of the purchased ones ...

and WTF is with the sticker thing, i would have put it in my window and told them to go **** themselves,

stickers on paint =

luckily the school i went to had ones similar to city stickers, but it was still annoying to have some douchebag university cop peering into your car and checking your tints all the time

Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

im lucky that my school let me put mine on the window cause they wanted one on each bumper till i told them im not screwing up my paint for a stupid sticker
Old 10-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for all the help guys i went with the black ss inserts and while i was at it i got the blacked out bowtie vinyls too. now i just gotta get that stupid parking sticker off