Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those that are in the process or thinking about doing a 200-4R conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Those that are in the process or thinking about doing a 200-4R conversion...

be sure to notch the bellhousing towards the top. I just wanted to give everyone their fair warning so that you didnt have to drop the tranny after getting it up in there. I noticed a slight crack towards the top of the bellhousing that I didnt like. I thought and thought and thought, should I take it out, will it be ok, no wait, theres something not right. Well, Im sure glad that I did take it out because when I did, the top of the bellhousing had 2 little indentions. Youre going to have to make 2 notches so that it will clear the 2 top bolts of the rear main plate/cover. Those to bolts will not allow the tranny to sit flush/flat with the back of the block. I did this and put it back up and the crack was gone. I just thought that I would warn you so that you dont waste any of your time and cause you to do twice the work. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet thanks.

You dont happen to have some handy pics do you?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure dont, I knew I should of taken pics. You cant miss it, once you get the tranny out of there, take a look a the back of the block, the rear cover with the 2 most top bolts with hit on the bellhousing. It need to be notched. Its not the very top of the bellhousing, but the next portion under it.