Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New GTO owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GTO owner

Hey guys been a member on here and always was an F-Body buy until now. I bought me a 2004 GTO M6 stock with a flowmaster muffler. I am not a fan of flows but I would have to say it sounds pretty good. Anyways I have some big plans later (few years down the road) but for right now I would like to make it a complete bolt on car. I would like to get an idea of some of the bolt ons alot of you guys have installed and which brands are putting down the most power. A few thing I plan on doing is a Kook long tubes and a good tune. Also who is having the best luck with tuning on these rigs.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as far as bolt ons go.
Pretty much the same **** as the Fbodies
Headers
Exhaust
Tune
A good CAI goes along way in the goats
Intake/TB
UDP
.....thats pretty much it as far as the motor goes.

First thing you should do though is a short throw. The stock shifter in the GTO is garbage.
Alot of guys swap out springs, bushings, and alot of suspension stuff.
Its all about what you want to do with it.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

welcome aboard the herd of goats
I just acquired an 06' a few weeks ago, I love any freeway onramp I see now.. this LS2 flies, but I can't wait to dig into her insides and get some good power out of her. Greg, you mentioned that a good CAI works wonders on these cars.. which or do you have a CAI? I was looking at the Lingenfelter CAI with the K&N Filter. Do you get an all around enhancement? SOTP? nice deep breaths when the motor revs??
I'm getting my Spintech Exhaust this week, but think I'll get a CAI and then Long Tubes.. thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hempkat94z
Hey guys been a member on here and always was an F-Body buy until now. I bought me a 2004 GTO M6 stock with a flowmaster muffler. I am not a fan of flows but I would have to say it sounds pretty good. Anyways I have some big plans later (few years down the road) but for right now I would like to make it a complete bolt on car. I would like to get an idea of some of the bolt ons alot of you guys have installed and which brands are putting down the most power. A few thing I plan on doing is a Kook long tubes and a good tune. Also who is having the best luck with tuning on these rigs.
Hello
I am not a newb here but dont post much and am on some of the other forums as well.
I started out with Kooks and non cat mids and a Volant cia with a Slp 455 tune that gave me 375/374 to the rear wheels.
And as someone else said a good shifter mod is a great place to start. After that the mod bug gets hold of you and it is open wallet since lol.
good luck going forward and enjoy the new ride!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

Smart purchase btw. I bought mine from a lil ole preacher who only drove it to Wednesday night prayer meeting and serpent twirling sessions. Car was guaranteed to have less than 20,000 original miles on it. When I bolted the whipple on I found the lying bastard had a built 408 and etp; heads on it along with -.28cc dished pistons. I think I was had. So I just said smurf t and started bolting superchargers on it. First tool you need is a sawsall. Most of my stuff bolted on is big and black. So big I needed to saw the hood off. Here is the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9Wf2n9apE
Old 10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn, was that a first gen camaro that flew by you?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefTA
Greg, you mentioned that a good CAI works wonders on these cars.. which or do you have a CAI?
What he's talking about is an otr(over the radiator intake).
Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Well I have the AEM Brute CAI and it works wonders along with my Corsa cat backs. A little to restricted and quiet though so im gonna do Pacesetter long tubes(I'm budgeted like a motha). Cams are cheep enough and go a long way as well TSP makes some real quality stuff. If your pockets are a little deeper and just call up comp cams and tell them what kinda HP your looking for and they can set you up with a whole top end and cam to meet your needs. Their prices arnt to bad. Good luck with the build and keep us posted.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

I have close friends that work for Comp Cams so a cam is not a problem but I don't want to get that deep YET!!! Sorry I forgot to post that it already had a short throw shifter. I am really not liking the 1-4 shift crap so I guess I need to get a skip shift eliminator. My plans after doing a little talking with a few people I am going to go with a standard CAI, UDPs, Kooks long tubes with a 05-06 GTO rear bumper with the dual exhaust and a good exhaust, and a good tune. I was told it had 15mm lowering springs on the car already but I want to put a good suspension on it. I was reading an article in GM High Tech magazine from a couple years ago about the suspension in our cars are rough on the tires.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Is it possible to reach 400 RWHP with just bolt ons? I would really like to be putting 400+.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Teching In

You will need a cam but it will be all motor still. I will be around 420hp at the wheels but I have every bolt on.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wrp
Smart purchase btw. I bought mine from a lil ole preacher who only drove it to Wednesday night prayer meeting and serpent twirling sessions. Car was guaranteed to have less than 20,000 original miles on it. When I bolted the whipple on I found the lying bastard had a built 408 and etp; heads on it along with -.28cc dished pistons. I think I was had. So I just said smurf t and started bolting superchargers on it. First tool you need is a sawsall. Most of my stuff bolted on is big and black. So big I needed to saw the hood off. Here is the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9Wf2n9apE
English?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Nice buy OP! welcome to the herd
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbprecision
English?
He has a 4.0L Whipple on a 408....