PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie has question regarding custom tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie has question regarding custom tune

I have a 2001 camaro with some aftermarket goodies (cam, afr heads,kooks header,msd). However I am running into a problem. Ever since I had the work done, I keep getting a p0135 bank 1 sensor 1, p0162 bank 2 sensor 2 heater circuit, I have replaced both o2, checked the eng sens fuse, checked all of the wiring and grounds back to the pcm, all o.k.
I am also having a problem with the reverse lockout solenoid on my t56 trans, it's constantly engaged. I always need both hands to get it into reverse.
I checked power to the soleniod, o.k., but the ground path back to the pcm appears to be the problem, no broken wires.
The ground path is activated by the pcm, that is what activates and deactivates the solenoid, correct?
My question is the guy that did the work to the car also did custom tuning to it. He did alot of modifications in the computer. Could he have shut anything off in the pcm that would create these problems. I am not that knowledgible with the computer tuning, but I know he did something with the skipshift and I believe they are on the same ground circuit.
Anyone have any ideas. I have spent alot of time going through the wiring, checking grounds, ohming stuff out and checking continuity but can't find anything wrong. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by williambmac
I have a 2001 camaro with some aftermarket goodies (cam, afr heads,kooks header,msd). However I am running into a problem. Ever since I had the work done, I keep getting a p0135 bank 1 sensor 1, p0162 bank 2 sensor 2 heater circuit, I have replaced both o2, checked the eng sens fuse, checked all of the wiring and grounds back to the pcm, all o.k.
I am also having a problem with the reverse lockout solenoid on my t56 trans, it's constantly engaged. I always need both hands to get it into reverse.
I checked power to the soleniod, o.k., but the ground path back to the pcm appears to be the problem, no broken wires.
The ground path is activated by the pcm, that is what activates and deactivates the solenoid, correct?
My question is the guy that did the work to the car also did custom tuning to it. He did alot of modifications in the computer. Could he have shut anything off in the pcm that would create these problems. I am not that knowledgible with the computer tuning, but I know he did something with the skipshift and I believe they are on the same ground circuit.
Anyone have any ideas. I have spent alot of time going through the wiring, checking grounds, ohming stuff out and checking continuity but can't find anything wrong. Thanks.
I'd ask for my money back and get a new tuner....
Old 11-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Gray
I'd ask for my money back and get a new tuner....

Aside from the obvious......can you shut off the reverse lockout when doing a custom tune.
The car does run really well aside from these two issues.
I have also heard that lt headers can cause O2 sensor heater issues.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

And why is that?

Originally Posted by Mister Gray
I'd ask for my money back and get a new
tuner....
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by DynoDR
And why is that?
Did a search here, numerous threads stating that long tube headers do not allow 02 heater circuits function properly.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ough-tips.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...blems-lts.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-p-0135-a.html
Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Can anyone tell me if you can screw up the reverse solenoid circuit while doing a custom tune. My reverse solenoid is enabled and I have a very difficult time getting the car into reverse. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No a tune cannot screw up the reverse inhibit. Check the 12V again. The O2 heaters and reverse inhibit solenoid are powered off the same circuit. (Eng Sen)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/12064586-post7.html
Old 11-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
No a tune cannot screw up the reverse inhibit. Check the 12V again. The O2 heaters and reverse inhibit solenoid are powered off the same circuit. (Eng Sen) [/url]

I have checked voltage at the pink wire and I get 11.87 volts key on. Zero volts key off.
I have checked the ground wire from the connector back to the pcm @ circuit #44 and it is good. Could it just be that the pcm is bad?
I am starting to beat my head on this one. Everything leads me back to the pcm. The pcm enables the ground circuit to deactivate the solenoid correct (unlocks reverse)? It then opens the ground circuit to activate the solenoid (locks out reverse)?

Last edited by williambmac; 11-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I may be wrong about what I said about your tuner not being able to screw up your reverse inhibit. I never noticed it because I have never changed those settings, but looking at a 01 M6 cal with HP Tuners there are reverse lockout settings. Perhaps he changed those thinking he was disabling the Skip Shift which are on the same page. These are the stock settings for the reverse lockout.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie has question regarding custom tune-lockout.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I may be wrong about what I said about your tuner not being able to screw up your reverse inhibit. I never noticed it because I have never changed those settings, but looking at a 01 M6 cal with HP Tuners there are reverse lockout settings. Perhaps he changed those thinking he was disabling the Skip Shift which are on the same page. These are the stock settings for the reverse lockout.

Thanks alot. I will show this to the tuner and have him hopefully make adjustments to correct this. I was really getting frustrated over this.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by williambmac
Aside from the obvious......can you shut off the reverse lockout when doing a custom tune.
The car does run really well aside from these two issues.
I have also heard that lt headers can cause O2 sensor heater issues.
Originally Posted by DynoDR
And why is that?
Merely busting chops everyone
Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM

2xLS1.......Thank you for the info. It corrected the problem.
Now I just need to deal with the o2 heater codes that won't go away.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9158.php
Old 11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow you had to tell your tuner how to fix the reverse lockout issue that he caused??