LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Traded the Monte in tonight ... lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded the Monte in tonight ... lol

on a loaner vehicle ... the tranny started to act up. So I ran it over to the chevy dealer instead of going to get xmas lights like i wanted to.

i had barely gone 2-3 blocks after leaving the house and after waiting at a stoplight for a train to pass, i went to pull up to get into the turn lane, and rreeevvvvvv ... clunk and it started to move ... then after deciding to drive to the dealership, it would barely catch 2nd anywhere close to the normal speed or rpm ... once i got there it wasnt acting up really, but hopefully everything will get fixed so i dont have to drive this around for too long ... everybody pray to the bowtie gods for me ... ohh ... and thank god for extended powertrain warranties, im covered until june 2011

Old 12-16-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet ride!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Should have told them to give you one of these!!!

Thats the little ladies new whip, and its fun as hell to drive!!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Should have told them to give you one of these!!!

Thats the little ladies new whip, and its fun as hell to drive!!
yeah that would have been nice, because i surprisingly fit pretty well in the malibu ... something that doesnt occur very often for me

my only gripes so far are ... 1 - its not the monte 2 - time moves faster than this thing 3 - its really slow 4 - no cruise control 5 - did i mention its really slow ?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
yeah that would have been nice, because i surprisingly fit pretty well in the malibu ... something that doesnt occur very often for me

my only gripes so far are ... 1 - its not the monte 2 - time moves faster than this thing 3 - its really slow 4 - no cruise control 5 - did i mention its really slow ?
I bet! I was fearful of that when we went to test drive the Malibu SS, but that car put a smile on my face when I hit the pedal!!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

Gross, the 2010 Malibu I got for a loaner was pretty nice but it was of course gutless.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh wow. guess it was wat you were saying but hopefully you get it all taken care off.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

you got me with the title lol
Old 12-17-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Regular

+1 On the title!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Boo!

Mine's in for TPMS issues and I left with a 2011 LaCrosse.

Someone hosed you!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Launching!

well if something was wrong, she played possum the whole time and wouldnt let them find anything wrong ... so i picked her back up today ( like a scorned lover )

and was pretty mad that they put it through the wash rack - cause now my windows are frozen shut ... but it is nice to have a warranty, and get a giant sheet printed out with all totals at 0.00 ... something ive never had before

but on the lucky side, i still got until May 1st if anything goes wrong, cause thats when my warranty lasts until ... so im not exactly screwed yet

so to see if she was fine, on the way home, i did something i dont normally do ... i burned a mustang, it was a V6 of the last body style, so he didnt stand a chance,

but it was a confidence booster for my -
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

well its good to hear she got a clean bill of health
Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evil 5.3
well its good to hear she got a clean bill of health
yeah right ... they just didnt want to take my word for it ... because i sat in that intersection for at least a good 5-6 seconds before moving

whatever though, if it *****, it will probably do it before the warranty ( hopefully )
Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

they just didnt want to take my word for it ... because i sat in that intersection for at least a good 5-6 seconds before moving

It's not that they don't believe you, but it's an intermittent incident. The first step to diagnosis to a problem is to duplicate the problem. They're not going to replace the transmission or replace parts in it if they can't duplicate it the problem and know exactly what they're working with.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
It's not that they don't believe you, but it's an intermittent incident. The first step to diagnosis to a problem is to duplicate the problem. They're not going to replace the transmission or replace parts in it if they can't duplicate it the problem and know exactly what they're working with.
i know, hence the semi-joking ...

"ummm this kid says his engine and tranny are both acting funny, and insists that we replace them both with brand new components"

"dduuuuuhhhhhh, ok"

"while youre at it, lets give him new rims and tires too, cause theyre part of the drivetrain"

"duuhhhhh, is this why we got bailed out?"

"no, it had something to do with the banks, not our incompetence"

"duuhhh, whats a bank?"

Old 12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well you're out before me. I've got a bad EBC (electronic brake something - control?) and a noisy NAV that are both being replaced under warranty.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on a loaner vehicle ... the tranny started to act up. So I ran it over to the chevy dealer instead of going to get xmas lights like i wanted to.

i had barely gone 2-3 blocks after leaving the house and after waiting at a stoplight for a train to pass, i went to pull up to get into the turn lane, and rreeevvvvvv ... clunk and it started to move ... then after deciding to drive to the dealership, it would barely catch 2nd anywhere close to the normal speed or rpm ... once i got there it wasnt acting up really, but hopefully everything will get fixed so i dont have to drive this around for too long ... everybody pray to the bowtie gods for me ... ohh ... and thank god for extended powertrain warranties, im covered until june 2011

damn dude i hope everything goes well which it should. same thing happened to me back in october but i'll have my snowbunny back on thursday. I had the same Malibu before i got my SS but it was in a peppermint green lol
Old 12-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSCoop
damn dude i hope everything goes well which it should. same thing happened to me back in october but i'll have my snowbunny back on thursday. I had the same Malibu before i got my SS but it was in a peppermint green lol
yeah, i already got her back ... she was faking it while in the dealer so they couldnt recreate my problem ... so cross my fingers that she either lives forever or dies before the warranty
Old 12-18-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

worse comes to worse get another extended warranty. Im gettin the AAA extended warranty that my parents have on their Dodge Stratus. It's the best warranty out there from what my dad keeps telling me