Bumper teaser thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bumper teaser thread

Before:

Now:

Cheesy cell phone pics I know. I haven't really messed with the fitment yet. Busy with work and Christmas and such. Can't wait till it all comes together though
Old 12-18-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damnn that **** is tough. super flared out too. hope you're gonna roll the rear fenders or blow it out or something. what a great change of appearance.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

someone please tell me these body lines match up with each other. regardless of this picture that highlights them... oh wait. THEY DON'T.

i can't stand that the bumper doesn't flow with the rest of the car at all. sorry.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scj
someone please tell me these body lines match up with each other. regardless of this picture that highlights them... oh wait. THEY DON'T.

i can't stand that the bumper doesn't flow with the rest of the car at all. sorry.
Yeah that's how I feel about it but I think 6LE Idea was to have that bumper go with the sides they are making and the rear bumper they already make.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I knew of that issue before I even ordered it. Side skirts have always been the plan for me. As far as flaring out the fenders it just depends on the timeframe of when I am ready to paint. Tax return time should be pretty promising.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scj

your point is pretty much irrelevant because they have already mentioned a million times that they are also going to be selling the skirts which will flow with the bumper... look at mcnords car, the skirts pull it together perfectly, even if on a non-widebody car.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think most of the 6 le stuff is a love it or hate it but that's whats cool about it . not my cup of tea but to each his own . Nice to se different things
Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
your point is pretty much irrelevant because they have already mentioned a million times that they are also going to be selling the skirts which will flow with the bumper... look at mcnords car, the skirts pull it together perfectly, even if on a non-widebody car.

I think my point is NOT irrelevant because regardless of their mentioning of side skirts like on mcnords car. What about the majority of the people on this website that don't want side skirts, and don't want to spend $1500+ dollars for a bumper set and side skirts. People that prefer the stockish body lines, and would like to add a lip to their front bumper while still having it flow with the rest of the car. While Mcnord's car looks good, it's obviously not everyone's cup of tea, And in a business's point of view I would make a product that would abide by the majority of potential consumers NOT by a few people with more money than sense and style. I suppose to each their own.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scj
I think my point is NOT irrelevant because regardless of their mentioning of side skirts like on mcnords car. What about the majority of the people on this website that don't want side skirts, and don't want to spend $1500+ dollars for a bumper set and side skirts. People that prefer the stockish body lines, and would like to add a lip to their front bumper while still having it flow with the rest of the car. While Mcnord's car looks good, it's obviously not everyone's cup of tea, And in a business's point of view I would make a product that would abide by the majority of potential consumers NOT by a few people with more money than sense and style. I suppose to each their own.
We've already said if 10 people stepped up we'd make one identical to the DH bumper, like Mike's car but revised.

Takes 10 pre-orders though and when people DON'T step up, which is normally the case, we make what WE like since it is our money
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

Bumper looks good, kind of like a built in "splitter" look. But I agree if it doesn't match up with the rest of the body lines don't do it... and 1500$ for a body kit is outlandish.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Young camaro
Bumper looks good, kind of like a built in "splitter" look. But I agree if it doesn't match up with the rest of the body lines don't do it... and 1500$ for a body kit is outlandish.
I agree it is pretty high, but at the same time there are a ton of mods that are way more rediculous in price that are not nearly as complete as this kit will be. For the small production run the amount it cost is minimal. When Mark stepped up and offered this bumper I knew I had to have it. I won't have the same damn thing everyone else has (not saying that being "unique" is always the best thing), and it is something I have wanted since I first saw the original Sunoco 4th gen.

If 10 people can commit to a repo Sunoco bumper then awesome. I highly doubt it will happen, just like the original widebody kit 6LE and McNord tried to get people to buy.

My car is a long term project. I can see it in my head how it will turn out. Everything will flow nicely and I am sure the responses will be better when all is said and done. Though I don't really give a **** what people say, I am doing this for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
We've already said if 10 people stepped up we'd make one identical to the DH bumper, like Mike's car but revised.

Takes 10 pre-orders though and when people DON'T step up, which is normally the case, we make what WE like since it is our money
How much money would each of the 10 have to pay for the bumper?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by protour
How much money would each of the 10 have to pay for the bumper?
Same as the other. I paid $516 for mine, plus shipping which I think was $175 or $200.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill say this in response to everyone who doesn't like it and thinks an different rendering would look better. Pay up or stop complaining. Knowing Mark (6LE) personally it is a bit comical to see an idea thrown out there by him and having everyone say how bad they want it and then no one pays up. Remember his DE valance? He made the mistake of making 10 because everyone on here loved it and said they would buy one. Over a year later 2 have sold. Its the same the few times he has thought about closing up shop. People come out of the woodwork saying how they just got money for this or that when the products have been out for months. So to everyone who doesn't like the bumper, PM him saying you have cash in hand and have 9 other people that will send money right now and he will make a bumper to your liking. End rant
Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice ride. Should look great with sideskirts and matching rear bumper!!

Also, $1,500 for a body kit that just came out is not bad. Especially when there are VERY few companies who make/made body kits for 4th gen F-bodies that were more than a lip kit. I can think of two off of the top of my head, and for all I know, one has been closed for a while.

Check out the prices for these body kits:
http://www.google.com/search?q=BMW+m...d5a2edbb6a28fc

http://www.google.com/search?q=BMW+m...92d49383e9d2f6

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
Ill say this in response to everyone who doesn't like it and thinks an different rendering would look better. Pay up or stop complaining. Knowing Mark (6LE) personally it is a bit comical to see an idea thrown out there by him and having everyone say how bad they want it and then no one pays up. Remember his DE valance? He made the mistake of making 10 because everyone on here loved it and said they would buy one. Over a year later 2 have sold. Its the same the few times he has thought about closing up shop. People come out of the woodwork saying how they just got money for this or that when the products have been out for months. So to everyone who doesn't like the bumper, PM him saying you have cash in hand and have 9 other people that will send money right now and he will make a bumper to your liking. End rant
I also know Mark personally and this statement is true. ^

Last edited by ZexGX; 12-22-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright we've had the tease....now wheres the lapdance?

Quick Reply: Bumper teaser thread