No more Sunday races at HRP...again?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more Sunday races at HRP...again?

So looking at their Calendar it looks like HRP....or Royal Purple Raceway (going to take me a while getting used to that)... it appears that there is no more Sunday racing, again.

That sucks.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I seen that , well ill be up there this friday , hopefully is cold as **** , as im looking to getting my damn best out there for the beginning of this yr!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They haven't been open on sunday's for a while. I think the couple of months last year where about it. And they have a shitty bracket racing program.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Launching!

i guess it's the same old raceway park under a different name. i thought they were getting there act together.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
They haven't been open on sunday's for a while. I think the couple of months last year where about it. And they have a shitty bracket racing program.
Yeah I saw that there were no Sunday races in December, but thoguht it might be because of the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's holidays all ina row.

I was pretty sure they were still doing it in earlier November.

Oh well...back to Lonestar for me I suppose.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kennyxg
i guess it's the same old raceway park under a different name. i thought they were getting there act together.
Now that's funny, getting their act together, haha.

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Yeah I saw that there were no Sunday races in December, but thoguht it might be because of the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's holidays all ina row.

I was pretty sure they were still doing it in earlier November.

Oh well...back to Lonestar for me I suppose.
I am not to sure what the problem with HRP, I mean RPR is. I have bracket raced out there since 96. I guess when the Gay's sold their part to the Angel's, it went to ****. The Gay's are racers, the Angel's are construction crews.

I understand that Lonestar is for sale.
http://pub34.bravenet.com/forum/stat...77302&cmd=show
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Last time I was out there, this was probably in late '09, there was a kid working the lanes who hadn't a clue. Because of the lane mismanagement I got two runs in like 3 hours and it wasn't that busy. Left a bad taste in my mouth and now I'm too fast to run there anyway so I don't think I'll ever go back. Lonestar or whatever that track up on beltwat north is from now on, but that one up north is an 1/8th right?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Last time I was out there, this was probably in late '09, there was a kid working the lanes who hadn't a clue. Because of the lane mismanagement I got two runs in like 3 hours and it wasn't that busy. Left a bad taste in my mouth and now I'm too fast to run there anyway so I don't think I'll ever go back. Lonestar or whatever that track up on beltwat north is from now on, but that one up north is an 1/8th right?

HMP? Houston Motorsports Park? North Mt houston road between 45 and the belt? It's 1/8, I think. Never been there, don't own a gun, haha. You have Pine Valley (1/4)in Lufkin, Angleton (1/8), Ben Bruce (1/4)in Evadale (north of Beaumont),SAR (1/4), those are the ones closest to H-town.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Launching!

HMP? Houston Motorsports Park? North Mt houston road between 45 and the belt? It's 1/8, I think. Never been there, don't own a gun, haha. You have Pine Valley (1/4)in Lufkin, Angleton (1/8), Ben Bruce (1/4)in Evadale (north of Beaumont),SAR (1/4), those are the ones closest to H-town.
that track is getto fab! after you make a run your tow vehicle will be sitting on bricks haha!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

They have never known how to run a line, and god help the cars if there are motorcycles out there, because they'll get twice as many runs.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

I understand that Lonestar is for sale.
http://pub34.bravenet.com/forum/stat...77302&cmd=show
Interesting...thanks for the link.

I hope someone DOES buy up Lonestar and converts it to what it COULD be. It's a nice track and could draw better crowds with just a little revamp.

I'm also quite a fan that you can run sub 11.5s there without bars.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

I think NHRA changed the rule to 11.49 or quicker to have a roll bar. There are so many new cars coming out that run quicker than that, it should only make sense that NHRA does this.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

From personal experience (HMP)Houston Motorsports Park is the best hooking track around.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

I think NHRA changed the rule to 11.49 or quicker to have a roll bar. There are so many new cars coming out that run quicker than that, it should only make sense that NHRA does this.
correct.
but Lonestar isnt a NHRA sactioned track... so as long as your car isnt a heap, they will look the other way on NHRA regulations.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dudeiwin86
correct.
but Lonestar isnt a NHRA sactioned track... so as long as your car isnt a heap, they will look the other way on NHRA regulations.
It is IHRA. I dont' know if they changed to the 11.49 rule or not. But basically, Lonestar is still considered an "outlaw" track, even though it is santioned by IHRA.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was really bad when I went back in August. There were 2 lanes open and I was about halfway down the first lane. The track was running really slow so we were sitting for awhile and the lanes backed up. They took the back half of the lanes (behind me) and made 2 more lanes. As I got to the front they stopped me from going. When I asked WTF they said the other cars "had been waiting." I said "yeah, and they were all BEHIND me." They tell me to hang on and they let the other cars go. So I'm sitting there forever when I realize that one of the cars they let in front of me is going again. I lost it. I went up to guy running the lanes and told him to pull his head out of his ***. He finally let us go then. I was there when the gates opened until they closed and got 3 damn runs in. I wish they would run that place better because I hate going there. We don't have a lot of options though.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JUISSD
It was really bad when I went back in August. There were 2 lanes open and I was about halfway down the first lane. The track was running really slow so we were sitting for awhile and the lanes backed up. They took the back half of the lanes (behind me) and made 2 more lanes. As I got to the front they stopped me from going. When I asked WTF they said the other cars "had been waiting." I said "yeah, and they were all BEHIND me." They tell me to hang on and they let the other cars go. So I'm sitting there forever when I realize that one of the cars they let in front of me is going again. I lost it. I went up to guy running the lanes and told him to pull his head out of his ***. He finally let us go then. I was there when the gates opened until they closed and got 3 damn runs in. I wish they would run that place better because I hate going there. We don't have a lot of options though.

I have personally been in the lines when they have done that on TWO different occasions.

More than once have they been yelled at by guys waiting in a line who have seen the same car run twice before they got a run.

It really isn't that hard to run a line.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I have personally been in the lines when they have done that on TWO different occasions.

More than once have they been yelled at by guys waiting in a line who have seen the same car run twice before they got a run.

It really isn't that hard to run a line.

Right, you pull 5 from the first two lanes. Then 5 from the next two lanes, etc. How hard could that be? And tell the bikes to get in the lanes with the cars. They don't need their own lane and if they cut in line, then they have to go to the back anyway.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Right, you pull 5 from the first two lanes. Then 5 from the next two lanes, etc. How hard could that be? And tell the bikes to get in the lanes with the cars. They don't need their own lane and if they cut in line, then they have to go to the back anyway.
Well since they seem to normally fill single lines up first I'd just fill the first two lanes up, cone the back of them, and then fill the next two lanes up and completely run the first lane before moving to the second lane.

There are many ways to properly run a line...they have found none of them.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Launching!

i wonder why they don't at least open on Saturday night? that would help ease the crowd from Friday.