Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need more fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need more fuel

I own a 04' C5 ZO6 but I've only had it for 11 months. And I'm still learning the fuel system. My question is about my options for increasing fuel without dropping the tank. The car makes roughly 440ish to the tire so I'm pretty sure I need to upgrade in the fueling system to spray a little.
Other than the typical Casper/Racetronics hotwire with the KB BAP is there any other ways to increase the fuel without dropping the damn tank?? I've been reading about the famous Bosch 044 and its potential. I have lots of ideas but I'd like to hear you guys thoughts.
O, and I've talked to all the professionals and they all want me to drop $1200-1700 bucks on there kits plus the price to drop the tank/suspention/tranny/rearend. Seems crazy for a 150 -200 shot. I've considered a stand alone but the rest of the system is hidden and that would blow all the hard work that went into that.
BTW, I'm only planning on spraying about 5 times a month. Because I only go to the track once or twice a month. The rest of the time it will be on the tank pump only. The more I type the more it sounds like the hotwire/BAP is the way to go.
But I still want opinions and facts on this.
Thanks....
Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You need a different pump...no other options when you're spraying 150 on top of 440rwhp. You're just going to kick yourself in the *** running lean because you cut corners. Dont know much about corvettes but on the fbodys you can cut an access panel to get to the tank. Might want to check into that.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I've thought about the cutting the floor deal but its a 26K mint ZO6. But its still not ruled out. I'm not sure if I misunderstood you or you me but I do understand that the factory walbro 255 is not enough. Thats why I started the thread, I'm looking for alternatives to adding fuel with out going into the tank. Thanks.. Like another pump....external...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

factory isnt walbro 255. When you cut an access panel; you cant see it because it is covered up by the carpet
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

What is it ?? Is it a 255lph but not the walbro make ?? Got any idea where some info on where to cut if I go that route ??
Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately there are few options...

Vette pumps seem to fail frequently with a boost-a-pump. I've had tons of guys call me looking for solutions after their pump failed.

The 044 is a good pump, but not easily applicable to the C5/C6 style Vette installation.

Yes you can run an external, but still takes a lot of extra work to make it function properly... & you are drilling holes in your fuel tank.

Bite the bullet & do it correctly... you have a nice car. Cutting corners can end up costing you problems, either with failures or engine damage in the long run. Actually about 20% of the people I deal with buy their fuel systems after they break their engine or spend money on cheap fixes that do not work.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 01-09-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

Doesn't ECS or A&A corvette have a fuel sytem upgrade without dropping the tank ?? And I think the ECS system involves a 044 ?? Anybody have info on those setups ??
Old 01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Unfortunately there are few options...

Vette pumps seem to fail frequently with a boost-a-pump. I've had tons of guys call me looking for solutions after their pump failed.

The 044 is a good pump, but not easily applicable to the C5/C6 style Vette installation.

Yes you can run an external, but still takes a lot of extra work to make it function properly... & you are drilling holes in your fuel tank.

Bite the bullet & do it correctly... you have a nice car. Cutting corners can end up costing you problems, either with failures or engine damage in the long run. Actually about 20% of the people I deal with buy their fuel systems after they break their engine or spend money on cheap fixes that do not work.
What route do you suggest he take? I am almost in the same situation except I'll need a system to support around 650rwhp. What is the least expensive rooute?