LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

title issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default title issues

guys i need your help.
quick run down. bought my 95 z in 09'. car was sold to someone in indiana but never transferred to that person. so it stayed a ky title.
since the car was never transferred i have to revert back to the original owner for a title.
i came in contact with that owner in early 10' he agreed to meet me and have the title transferred. problem is he never showed. ive been trying to contact him since. i finally have given up and just went to the courthouse. the answer i got was, best thing you can do is hire a lawyer and go infront of a judge. if the judge is satisfied then he will award you a new title free and clear.
avg cost for this is 2000 bucks.
im not payin 2k for a title whe the car prolly isnt worth that.
i want to get a title for the shootout, if i cant get a title i cant run....any ideas?/
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Shouldn't you have got a title when you got the car? Im not sure how things work in other states but I would never pay for a car without a title.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

oh i got the title....both parties signed off on it. the title was ready to transfer into the uy in indiana. but he never did it.
i contacted the courthouse originally in indiana that day, they told me all i had to do was come up there and get it in my name, i got there and the story changed, went back to the guys house, he was gone, havent been able to contact him since either.
screwed.lol
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

i have a title and the car, but its not in my name.lol
i bought it to be a strip car only, got laid off from a good job so it went on the back burner. now i have the money to play again and this is still and issue
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just take it to the currency exchange. They have let me slide b4 in a similar situation
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

White out the Ind. name, sig, and address and insert yours. Then go get the title.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

go see a notary, they helped my dad get a title for his 70'ss el camino for 250.00 bucks that included the title and plates for it...they might be able to help you out.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

I bought a "parts" car with no title. Car was running great, but the seller never got the title from the previous owner, so they cut their losses and sold it to me without a title for much less than they bought it for. Anyway, I contacted an old friend of mine whose dad owns a towing/wrecker service and he said he could get me a title for about $250, but the car would have to sit on their lot for 90 days prior to filing the paperwork for the title. All I'm saying is maybe find a wrecker or salvage yard and see if they can help.

I never went through with it because I took the powertrain and a few interior parts out of the car.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mguidry629
I bought a "parts" car with no title. Car was running great, but the seller never got the title from the previous owner, so they cut their losses and sold it to me without a title for much less than they bought it for. Anyway, I contacted an old friend of mine whose dad owns a towing/wrecker service and he said he could get me a title for about $250, but the car would have to sit on their lot for 90 days prior to filing the paperwork for the title. All I'm saying is maybe find a wrecker or salvage yard and see if they can help.

I never went through with it because I took the powertrain and a few interior parts out of the car.
yeah that becomes a mechanics lean....which ive thought of doing.
im gonna have to scope around and check my options.

i dont think whiting out the name will work.lmao
Old 01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

and i know it was a dumb move. i was inexperienced and stupid.
but i saw the price on the car and could pass it up.
the owner had blown the bottom end out of the car right after purchase....i caught a good deal on it
Old 01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

I had a similiar issue. I bought a pick up truck to use as my tow vehicle. The guy drove it to my house handed me the title, but it was the title from the guy he bought it from. He never registered the truck and got a new title from Motor Vehicle. I gave him half the money and told him to get it taken care of and come back and I would give him the rest of the money. He never came back.

I went to division of motor vehicle and told them what happened, they gave me the previous title owner's name, and told me I had to contact them. I sent 2 certified letters which we returned as undeliverable, then I had to file an ad in 2 local papers stating that I had the truck and needed the title. Then wait 6 weeks, then send in all this paperwork to the state to tell them the truck was abandonded on my property, and I had sent certified letters and ran an ad in the paper. They sent me a title about 2 weeks later. All and all, it took 3 months and around $150 in paperwork/ads but I got the title.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try thew court house again and get someone new... I get different advice with each person....
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your state's dmv website should have instructions for acquiring titles under different circumstances (salvage titles, leins, etc).
Old 01-19-2011, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Talking

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
guys i need your help.
quick run down. bought my 95 z in 09'. car was sold to someone in indiana but never transferred to that person. so it stayed a ky title.
since the car was never transferred i have to revert back to the original owner for a title.
i came in contact with that owner in early 10' he agreed to meet me and have the title transferred. problem is he never showed. ive been trying to contact him since. i finally have given up and just went to the courthouse. the answer i got was, best thing you can do is hire a lawyer and go infront of a judge. if the judge is satisfied then he will award you a new title free and clear.
avg cost for this is 2000 bucks.
im not payin 2k for a title whe the car prolly isnt worth that.
i want to get a title for the shootout, if i cant get a title i cant run....any ideas?/
Try calling this number in Las Vegas Nevada 1800-543-8626 .
AIR NATIONAL TITLE SERVICE.

Quick Reply: title issues