Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls header flanges, who has them drawn up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls header flanges, who has them drawn up?

Pretty sure a while back there was a thread that had LS1 header flanges drawn up in Solid works or Auto Cad, along with T4 turbo flanges.

Does anyone have the hookup? I'd like to get some cut locally but I'll save a ton buy supplying a dimensioned image.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
Pretty sure a while back there was a thread that had LS1 header flanges drawn up in Solid works or Auto Cad, along with T4 turbo flanges.

Does anyone have the hookup? I'd like to get some cut locally but I'll save a ton buy supplying a dimensioned image.

Thanks!
You can't just buy LSx flanges or are you worried about the rip-off shipping between the US and Canada?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
You can't just buy LSx flanges or are you worried about the rip-off shipping between the US and Canada?
Some people just like to build stuff. I wish I had done this before I welded mine up! I drew up some rear disc brake adapters and had them cut locally for 1/4 the price I'd have paid to buy them...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
read what the guy above me said.... Its not the shipping loud mouth. Its the mark up on them. I get several items cut out locally for FRACTIONS of what a sheep like you pay. Just like the motor mounts that are posted on here ripping guys like BRP off, thats rude as it is their style of doing the conversions. Why waste my breath on a sheep LOL. I would like to skip a step and save some extra bucks.

Anyone that would like to contribute?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to contribute something to this. Your post and attitude make no sence. You say it's rude to post the motor mount drawings and yet you are asking for header flange drawings because you want to build your own and save a few pennies. The only thing I have seen rude tonight is you and you attitude. I have the drawing for the flanges but you'll play hell getting it.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I would like to contribute something to this. Your post and attitude make no sence. You say it's rude to post the motor mount drawings and yet you are asking for header flange drawings because you want to build your own and save a few pennies. The only thing I have seen rude tonight is you and you attitude. I have the drawing for the flanges but you'll play hell getting it.
Thats fine by me sir. Clearly you do not understand. I'll spell it out for you.

BRP Hotrods came out with a kit once upon a time. Someone bought them, drew the mounts in Corel Draw. Posted them on this site and claimed them to be similar when infact they were exactly the same pieces(I have BRP's kit in my car). Asking for a GM LSx flange that has been mass produced and marketed up is hardly being rude to who? GM? Enlighten me please.

I'll support a company that supported me through my project. Happens all of the time... Sometimes more cost gives you that owners personal cell number to help you out in that emergency. However I have all my flanges, brackets, etc either drawn up by my own hand or from a community of like minded people. You have already suggested that you are not part of that, so please exit and do not return.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Talking

read what the guy above me said.... Its not the shipping loud mouth. Its the mark up on them. I get several items cut out locally for FRACTIONS of what a sheep like you pay. Just like the motor mounts that are posted on here ripping guys like BRP off, thats rude as it is their style of doing the conversions. Why waste my breath on a sheep LOL. I would like to skip a step and save some extra bucks.

Hmmm... Name calling - how nice. I wasn't implying anything your skills when I asked about buying vs. building so you may need to switch to decaf and take your happy meds.

I don't live in Canada but I have a few friends who do or have in the past and shipping is the pits - so I have been told. Stating this potentially less than obvious fact for our LS family here gets to the point of my initial comment. I have heard several occasions where people spend as much or more on shipping than on product merely because it crossed the northern border. I thought you were trying to avoid such charges, have a bit of fun and be creative at the same time. Sadly however I feel I misjudged your character and creativity and allowed you more credit than due.

As for the "sheep" and "building stuff" comments, obviously you haven't seen any of my past or current projects.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres a crappy JPEG
Attached Thumbnails Ls header flanges, who has them drawn up?-ls1-header-flange.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

You have already suggested that you are not part of that, so please exit and do not return.
Take your own advice..

You made the first shots here in this conversation..not one bit of them were required or justified at all..

And out of us "sheep" there are a couple of big bad wolves that you will run your mouth too and get your **** packed.

Take that for what's it's worth and carry on.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yelp, there is def a mark up on the LSX stuff.... The junkyard and GM has saved the market and made it more affordable, but most aftermarket companies still tax on a markup that is equivical to 100-300% mark up on these products. And whats worse, some are cheaping out to the tune of buying cheap imported materials or the famous made in the USA but actually its imported from overseas and only assembled in the US. So I know why you are wanting to have it made local at prob a fraction of the cost. Just like buying a motor, it funny, most aftermarket companies prices are inflated in comparison to what your local machine shop would charge for machine work and sometimes assembly. And sometimes the difference in knowledge is local machine shop 30+years of experience vs aftermarket shop or internet site 5-10 years and most of them don't even do the machine work themselves, they contract it out, but throw their name on it. We ve have seen too many cases where guys have mechanical failures with engines, then the aftermarket race shop blames the contracted machinist that is not in house.

By the way what are you doing now? making your own header or a better flange for matting the manis?

Bozz
Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That "crappie jpeg" that Sam posted is directly from the Schoenfeld Headers site. Go there and you should have all the info you need. You can buy them for $40 each; how would you fab them to beat that price?

Andy1
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe he has some 1/4" Steel and a Waterjet Cutter..
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey gang, I did take the one guys post wrong ill admit that. I am sorry.

As for what has been said, everyone is trying to make a cut out of niche markets. Everyone knows the ls market is booming. However at our shop we run a 1 million dollar plasma table, the bed is 60x30 if I remember right. There is only one other table this large in canada. However it is loaded with material at all times and not the right thicknesses. So with the drawing that was posted I simply email it to another local cnc laser table, they convert it into their software, nest it in with other pieces to be cut and I will have 2 header flanges for roughly 14 dollars. I am in the industry and know what the actual costs are. I guess I'm spoiled that way.

I am building a single 76mm setup for a lsx swapped truck. It will be a mild 10psi deal.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ps, merv. My *** is exit only, I won't judge you if you say yours is different. No **** packin here.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Ding ding ding !!

I have a set of drawings at my engineer now and should have the autocat drawings in a day or so, then off to my local waterjet guy. Will advise when done and total cost.
I am making them for blockoff plates (no port holes fo now) for pressure washing old engines.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey gang, I did take the one guys post wrong ill admit that. I am sorry.

As for what has been said, everyone is trying to make a cut out of niche markets. Everyone knows the ls market is booming. However at our shop we run a 1 million dollar plasma table, the bed is 60x30 if I remember right. There is only one other table this large in canada. However it is loaded with material at all times and not the right thicknesses. So with the drawing that was posted I simply email it to another local cnc laser table, they convert it into their software, nest it in with other pieces to be cut and I will have 2 header flanges for roughly 14 dollars. I am in the industry and know what the actual costs are. I guess I'm spoiled that way.

I am building a single 76mm setup for a lsx swapped truck. It will be a mild 10psi deal.
Your recources certainly explain your perspective. I don't however see how any laser or water jet business would entertain a $14 job unless of course it's a personal friend or business/business relationship (of which I have several myself). Just an observation. Peace.

Andy1
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Andy, believe it or not one of our local places is top notch with stuff like this. I build scale remote control rock crawlers, they will cut 30 4 link tabs out of 12 gauge for around 6 bucks. These tabs are roughly 10mmx6mm.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Ps, merv. My *** is exit only, I won't judge you if you say yours is different. No **** packin here.
Lol..I usually do the packin with my foot..
Old 02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mr tough guy eh haha
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy1
Your recources certainly explain your perspective. I don't however see how any laser or water jet business would entertain a $14 job unless of course it's a personal friend or business/business relationship (of which I have several myself). Just an observation. Peace.

Andy1
I also run a CNC laser and as long as I pay for any materials I use, I can cut whatever I want as long as I get my job done. He's probably not paying for the job, but the materials. It works that way in this industry.

Quick Reply: Ls header flanges, who has them drawn up?