LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Are we allowed to wash our LT1 cars without any issues?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are we allowed to wash our LT1 cars without any issues?!?

Ok this is the second time this has happened to me. After i get done washing my car it seems to develop a low end miss that goes away in like a day. Not really really bad however. I feel like its when i shoot water up in the wheel wells that i hit something with water, maybe my wires are bad?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a stock opti?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matman88
do you have a stock opti?
Sorry forgot to put down the new parts
New ICM, Delco Opti (July), Plugs, Fuel Pump, FPR, and fuel filter...the list goes on but those are the things that people would ask if were replaced
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

did you replace your wires with the opti and/or plugs?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did you replace your wires with the opti and/or plugs?
No wires were the only thing not replaced. Thats what i'm thinking it might need
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

yeah. wet wires arc just that much easier than dry ones do if they're bad.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah. wet wires arc just that much easier than dry ones do if they're bad.
Well it doesnt always miss like this, however when its dry i feel like it has a hesitation when you floor it. Its not really really noticable, but it feels like its there.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

uhhh yeah, its a car, you should be able to wash it without issues. You got other problems going on.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Check it at night with no lights around and see if you see any plugs or wires arc. I found that I had two cracked insulators on the spark plugs and they would randomly miss. I only spotted it by chance as I had been looking and looking for a problem and sure enough as I got fed up with it and turned my drop light off with the car still running I saw an arc. At first I thought my mind was playin tricks on me but as I stood there in the dark for a few more seconds I saw it again. It wasn't on very cycle of that cylinder, it did it only about 5 times in a min span but then I noticed another was doing it as well. Pulled the 2 and sure enough right where the plug boot ended on the plug is where they were cracked.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hm I havent really got the chance to check them, however this is the 4th time it happened since owning the car, i recieved a stack of reciepts with the car and i just looked through them, the last spark plug wire change was July 2008, with 148,000 on the odometer, now, 3 years later theres 178,000 on the odometer. I wouldnt be surprised if they were bad. I just ordered a new set of AC Delcos
Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaycenk
Check it at night with no lights around and see if you see any plugs or wires arc. I found that I had two cracked insulators on the spark plugs and they would randomly miss. I only spotted it by chance as I had been looking and looking for a problem and sure enough as I got fed up with it and turned my drop light off with the car still running I saw an arc. At first I thought my mind was playin tricks on me but as I stood there in the dark for a few more seconds I saw it again. It wasn't on very cycle of that cylinder, it did it only about 5 times in a min span but then I noticed another was doing it as well. Pulled the 2 and sure enough right where the plug boot ended on the plug is where they were cracked.
I just went out to check it (its dark here now), i couldnt see anything, i swore the one time i saw a little spark but it didnt happen again, so i think it was just me looking for one lol, maybe i did see it? I stayed there for a good 2 minutes watching and saw nothing

Quick Reply: Are we allowed to wash our LT1 cars without any issues?!?