Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

FAST LSXrt on a Fbod or C5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FAST LSXrt on a Fbod or C5?

I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the FAST 102 LSXrt intake in a car, especially a C5? This intake is made for trucks and race cars that dont have a problem with hood clearance. I know a car would need a cowl hood and a modded CAI but Im wondering if its been done. This intake has shorter and straighter runners yielding more power than the regular LSXr 102 intake. Would be a nice project and itll look crazy IMO.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5natie
I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the FAST 102 LSXrt intake in a car, especially a C5? This intake is made for trucks and race cars that dont have a problem with hood clearance. I know a car would need a cowl hood and a modded CAI but Im wondering if its been done. This intake has shorter and straighter runners yielding more power than the regular LSXr 102 intake. Would be a nice project and itll look crazy IMO.
i havent done it, but the truck guys have had great gains with it....
Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
The taller truck intake will make more power and torque across the board....

I havent tested it personally but trust the insiders I know @ Comp that have, and we have spoken at great length about it in person at the various trade shows.

We refer to is as "The Hot-rod manifold" because if you have a hot rod that it will fit in it's the manifold of choice.

Obviously for primarily the F-Body, Y-Body, and GTO guys that frequent this board its not an option.

BTW....it IS butt-ugly.....and I would still run one if I could fit it under the hood of my Vette....LOL

Better overall design....straighter shot for more flow....longer runner for more torque....and a huge plenum for alot of air to grab on each intake stroke of all eight cylinders.

Go for it is my two cents....

-Tony

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-vs-lsxrt.html

check out the thread
Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

^^
Intresting thread but seems no one has really done it. Also even with a cowl hood I dont know if that monster will clear towards the front.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boy did it on his 05 gto. He also has the stock hood. I think he said he had to modify how where the intake cone sat. I dont really remember. If i see him this weekend I will ask him and try to snap a few pics
Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackedout drop ls1
My boy did it on his 05 gto. He also has the stock hood. I think he said he had to modify how where the intake cone sat. I dont really remember. If i see him this weekend I will ask him and try to snap a few pics
Thanks. Thatll really help

Quick Reply: FAST LSXrt on a Fbod or C5?