Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???

As the title says I'm looking for any shops, builders, or enthusiasts that have dyno result data of doing a test on the Fast LSXR vs the Fast LSXRT on the same motor\combo. I'm really curious to see which intake puts down more. I know the lsxrt should be good for more down low tq\mid range due to the long runners....and that the lsxr should be good for more topend, but I'm just looking for hard data to back this up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Aren't these 2 intakes made for 2 different head styles? I thought 1 was for the cathedral ports and the other for the square port heads? Just a thought.. O.k. I was wrong..
Here you go: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ade/index.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-vs-lsxrt.html

Did you try a search? I found this in about 2 seconds..

Last edited by odarabla; 02-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odarabla
Aren't these 2 intakes made for 2 different head styles? I thought 1 was for the cathedral ports and the other for the square port heads? Just a thought..
No they are both setup for cathedral port lsx motors.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Aren't these 2 intakes made for 2 different head styles? I thought 1 was for the cathedral ports and the other for the square port heads? Just a thought..
http://www.fuelairspark.com/1/FS/Intake/Default.aspx
Old 02-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The taller truck intake will make more power and torque across the board....

I havent tested it personally but trust the insiders I know @ Comp that have, and we have spoken at great length about it in person at the various trade shows.

We refer to is as "The Hot-rod manifold" because if you have a hot rod that it will fit in it's the manifold of choice.

Obviously for primarily the F-Body, Y-Body, and GTO guys that frequent this board its not an option.

BTW....it IS butt-ugly.....and I would still run one if I could fit it under the hood of my Vette....LOL

Better overall design....straighter shot for more flow....longer runner for more torque....and a huge plenum for alot of air to grab on each intake stroke of all eight cylinders.

Go for it is my two cents....

-Tony
Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
The taller truck intake will make more power and torque across the board....

I havent tested it personally but trust the insiders I know @ Comp that have, and we have spoken at great length about it in person at the various trade shows.

We refer to is as "The Hot-rod manifold" because if you have a hot rod that it will fit in it's the manifold of choice.

Obviously for primarily the F-Body, Y-Body, and GTO guys that frequent this board its not an option.

BTW....it IS butt-ugly.....and I would still run one if I could fit it under the hood of my Vette....LOL

Better overall design....straighter shot for more flow....longer runner for more torque....and a huge plenum for alot of air to grab on each intake stroke of all eight cylinders.

Go for it is my two cents....

-Tony
Tony thanks for the reply. I'm running a 00 fbody, but am planning on cutting out the cowl and wipers. I don't drive the car in the rain anyways. I am currently running a usexotics 4" superhawk hood. Only issue I might see that it may not clear up towards the front of the hood. I think it would clear for sure with a vfn 5" though. Kmember might have to be spaced down a bit. I have contacted fast sppt for dimensions on it. I want to measure first, cut once. I really think I'm going to tackle this one. I think with my setup it would put down some big hp\tq...also I don't think it has been done yet, so dare to be different. Have you done alot of porting on these things?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...h-c-i-ls1.html
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???-32.jpg   Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???-33.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jzingre
Tony thanks for the reply. I'm running a 00 fbody, but am planning on cutting out the cowl and wipers. I don't drive the car in the rain anyways. I am currently running a usexotics 4" superhawk hood. Only issue I might see that it may not clear up towards the front of the hood. I think it would clear for sure with a vfn 5" though. Kmember might have to be spaced down a bit. I have contacted fast sppt for dimensions on it. I want to measure first, cut once. I really think I'm going to tackle this one. I think with my setup it would put down some big hp\tq...also I don't think it has been done yet, so dare to be different. Have you done alot of porting on these things?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...h-c-i-ls1.html
Only ported one for a customer installing it on something going to Europe....I never heard back from him but usually no news is good news in this industry....LOL

If you decide to go thru all this trouble send it to me for sure.....PM me for details.

-Tony
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

I have contacted fast sppt for dimensions on it. I want to measure first, cut once.
How about posting up the dimensions when you get them? I have heard that it is almost 12 inches tall.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like said above, straight runners and much larger plenum volume. Air doesnt like to go around bends if it doesnt have to.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Like said above, straight runners and much larger plenum volume. Air doesnt like to go around bends if it doesnt have to.
Yeah I figured that. I was just hoping some shop or someone out there had back to back dyno testing of the lsxr vs lsxrt... Its a project I plan on tackling. Only thing holding me back would be the extra cost on potentially switching hoods. Right now I'm running a original UsExotics Superhawk hood. I would like to keep it if possible. Before I can pursue further I need to get the dimensions from fast and measure clearances. From the pics I attached above it looks like the thing is a beast in height.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Aren't these 2 intakes made for 2 different head styles? I thought 1 was for the cathedral ports and the other for the square port heads? Just a thought.. O.k. I was wrong..
Here you go: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ade/index.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-vs-lsxrt.html

Did you try a search? I found this in about 2 seconds..
Yeah I tried a search a long time ago. The tests above are putting a stock style truck intake against a lsxrt. I can find alot of results on that. Try to find a post or link out there putting the fast lsxrt against a fast lsxr on the same engine combo. It is near impossible to find anything. Tony Mamo chimed in and said that the lsxrt will outperform the lsxr...I believe him...it would just be nice to see some hard data on this.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for it man...that will be a fun project and definitely different...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Go for it man...that will be a fun project and definitely different...
I might it all depends on the hood. If I have to buy another hood it just wouldn't be worth the time or money. If everything clears I probably will go for it. Sell the bbk 85\85 and a few other things I have laying around to offset cost. I would probably need your help with it. I don't have access to a welder etc...Maybe on porting too. I'm not sure I would take out the whole cowl. I would probably just take a big notch out, and then box it in.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Hope people are still interested in seeing this.... This question will be answered. Which one puts down better HP\TQ results. Flow bench results later this summer too. its going down next week. Fully ported lsx-rt 102 vs. a fully ported 102 lsx-r. Same vehicle, engine, dyno, 102 TB, same porter.... uh oh... results to follow soon!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

It will be very interesting to see which one performs better and by how much. I will be checking back in for results. Goodluck
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed....

By whom the intakes were ported?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Samer
Subscribed....

By whom the intakes were ported?
none other than my buddy chrs1313... nuff said...
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Holy hell that sucker is HUGE! Lol I want to see it in the car... Good luck! In for results.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Here is a teaser...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???-photo-23.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Here is a teaser...
n yes I know the pcv is hooked up wrong in this pic lol...

Quick Reply: Anyone have Dyno Results of a Fast LSXR vs LSXRT???