Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Snakeskin Green TRANS AM**UPDATED 5/9/11** pics in post #1

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snakeskin Green TRANS AM**UPDATED 5/9/11** pics in post #1

Well This thread started as a what should I do with my car kind of thread. I knew I wanted Snakeskin green. But was asking opinions on stripes or what else I could add to it in order to give some contrast to the color.

Heres a slideshow of my progress thus far(most recent pics on page 5 if slideshow isnt convenient haha)

The sail panel, top of spoiler, ceta and hood cowl will all be going black in a few days here. I was going to use a satin black, but since have decided on gloss because I feel it will flow better. After that the entire car will be wet sanded and buffed to a mirror finish.

The primer sealer, base and clear is all spies heckler.
4 coats base and 3 coats clear.

It came out better than I imagined so far. Absolutely now striping effect from this high pearl paint.

All paint work was done by my good friend Drew, hes a very skilled painter and always looking for jobs from small to big in the phoenix area.
Him and myself both did the prep work. With thanks to Rob for welding up my antenna delete.

Last edited by crazyelf; 05-09-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can not wait to see it. Ever since I saw a Chuck Mallett C5 in Toxic Green I have wanted a car with a similar paint scheme. I think black top is a must. I would wait untill the car is painted to decide on stripes and such. Here's the C5 I am in love with:

Old 03-12-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

On ANY F-body some color contrast is good. Black would look good with that color. Black mirrors don't look good on Camaros IMO because they seem to flow with the fenders...but it looks GREAT on a Trans Am! I'm assuming it's that T/A in your sig that's getting paint so my suggestions are this: Black mirrors and sail panel, black CETA rear bumper, Black underside of spoiler and black stripes on top of the hood. Then paint the Chicken on the front plate cover black along with the Trans Am door emblems. Have fun with the painting!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swiat34
On ANY F-body some color contrast is good. Black would look good with that color. Black mirrors don't look good on Camaros IMO because they seem to flow with the fenders...but it looks GREAT on a Trans Am! I'm assuming it's that T/A in your sig that's getting paint so my suggestions are this: Black mirrors and sail panel, black CETA rear bumper, Black underside of spoiler and black stripes on top of the hood. Then paint the Chicken on the front plate cover black along with the Trans Am door emblems. Have fun with the painting!
This guy knows what's up.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Haha that all sounds like your experienced with this type of thing! I've never seen the underside of the spoiler painted black before. Have any pics? I agree with the camaro mirror thing too.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Very well said! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have any pics of that spoiler but I saw it in a thread on here on a red T/A. Plans for paint on MY Trans Am are: Tangerine Orange with fine gold pearl, Sail panel and mirrors in black, Linx stripes on my VFN 4" WS6 hood, CETA, top of spoiler painted, and painted on door emblems in Cyber Gray Metallic. I'll be painting my C6 ZO6 wheels black with a thin body-match orange pinstripe right at the outermost edge. Don't ask me for pics tho, it's a LONG way off. I'd doing custom work on the hood, shaving the lights on the bumpers, cutting for side exhaust and likely deleting the rear bumper exhaust openings. Money is short so the work's going slow. Working in the yard puts me at the mercy of the weather too.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

I don't have any pics of that spoiler but I saw it in a thread on here on a red T/A. Plans for paint on MY Trans Am are: Tangerine Orange with fine gold pearl, Sail panel and mirrors in black, Linx stripes on my VFN 4" WS6 hood, CETA, top of spoiler painted, and painted on door emblems in Cyber Gray Metallic. I'll be painting my C6 ZO6 wheels black with a thin body-match orange pinstripe right at the outermost edge. Don't ask me for pics tho, it's a LONG way off. I'd doing custom work on the hood, shaving the lights on the bumpers, cutting for side exhaust and likely deleting the rear bumper exhaust openings. Money is short so the work's going slow. Working in the yard puts me at the mercy of the weather too.
Your like a visionary from another planet with all these detailed plans! I'm planning on black rims.....and actually the over done zr1 rims even their over done I like the deep dish ones. and I just might paint the lip matched to the car. But I was thinking that's to "hot wheels"
Old 03-13-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Never been a fan of the Black pillars and mirrors. Looks super 90's to me-monochromatic fbody's looked so much better than the 2 tone camaros.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Never been a fan of the Black pillars and mirrors. Looks super 90's to me-monochromatic fbody's looked so much better than the 2 tone camaros.
I agree with that too. That's the beauty of these cars is that there's quite a bit of room to play with style and theme. A bright color looks great with the black sail panel and tinted windows since it gives it a completely 'black glass top' kind-of-look. And on darker colors it can give just enough contrast to set it apart too tho.

I can look at ANY car and pick my way around it finding things to change, shave or alter. It just so happens that my tastes are appealing to a solid majority and so the changes, some wild some mild, look good! Honestly, I don't think Chip Foose has anything on me when it comes to vision...I just don't have the money he does nor a place/way to get my foot in the door.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i say paint the entire car snakeskin green and only the sail panel, ceta black
btw... I'm super pumped to see ur car because that's my dream color for a trans am.

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 03-13-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the opinions guys! So today we cut in all the panels and painted all the jambs, underside of hood and hatch. I will post pics of the progress later tonight hopefully. But unfortunately The car won't be finished for a while because I'm doing this all between 50 hour work weeks! I'm shooting for a month or so.

Next weekend is time to fix any dings and block out the quarters.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I think the black roof and mirrors look good on the trans ams . If you do that though, I would not do any stripes at all. It would be toooo much.

I vote black roof and mirrors .
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Teching In

gonna look good man, cant wait to see it finished. hmu if u need any help with it lol dont mind the drive to help out a friend
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by b4camaro
gonna look good man, cant wait to see it finished. hmu if u need any help with it lol dont mind the drive to help out a friend
Thank you for the offer! where are you located??
Old 03-13-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

hers some pics from today! thanks too my good friend and room mate for all the help... and for having the talent to make this happen

And it all put away for the night
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont forget to remove the spoiler to get the underside. Also, pull those black plastic triangles from behind the windows. I'm pretty sure you already knew, but some people overlook stuff like those! Looks like it's going great! The color looks awesome and it'll look even better with the black stuff I suggested...will give it a bit of a break up since it's such and intense color. Awesome looking choice!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

amazing
Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4vert
I think the black roof and mirrors look good on the trans ams . If you do that though, I would not do any stripes at all. It would be toooo much.

I vote black roof and mirrors .

Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 AM
TECH Resident

LOoking good man...

Quick Reply: Snakeskin Green TRANS AM**UPDATED 5/9/11** pics in post #1