Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Will this fit my V?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this fit my V?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...Q5fAccessories

I tried to get that sticky crap off my dash from one of those wood gran dash kits and after many hours it still looks terrible. Although the above part is not listed for my 05 ctsv it looks identical to what I need. Any reason why it wouldnt work?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

It isn't identical to the part in the V. The one in the link only has 3 buttons on the top. The part that is in the V has 5 (heated seats are missing in the one you are looking at).
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What did you use to clean it? I cleaned my friends V of that HORRIBLE plastic wood grain and it turned out great. I used a heat gun and some solvent. It's time consuming but it didn't take more then an hour. If you have it around your sun roof controls just be careful with the heat gun!!! It will burn the headliner, don't ask me how I know........
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

If you really need that part, keep scanning ebay. I got a whole center stack and HVAC control with dash piece like the one you're looking at for $130 combined from Cleveland Pick-a-Part on eBay. They've got everything.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kueblerkt
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...Q5fAccessories

I tried to get that sticky crap off my dash from one of those wood gran dash kits and after many hours it still looks terrible. Although the above part is not listed for my 05 ctsv it looks identical to what I need. Any reason why it wouldnt work?

GooGone my brother. You can buy it almost anywhere and it WILL get the sticky off.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jenks40
GooGone my brother. You can buy it almost anywhere and it WILL get the sticky off.
+1 googone works great and smells even better lol. Let it soak for a little while if you can though. I used it after removing the CTS badge on the trunklid.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on removing the CTS badge on the tunklid. Kinda left a little outline of the CTS though. Gonna try and buff it out
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jenks40
I tried GooGone with no luck. This stuff is really on there. I even took it to two different auto detailers and they had no luck either.

I found a different listing on Ebay with the controls for the heated seats and the trim piece to go around it for $30. Now I just need to figure out how to fix the trim around the NAV and ill be pretty happy.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try a blowdryer and see heat is up, might make it more moldable
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

As others have said if you aren't ready to throw in the towel you can get the stuff off, it is just a matter of time and trying other materials. Are you seeing glue residue come off with the goo gone at all? Is the glue really sticky to the touch or do you mean sticky as in it won't come off? If it is sticky like in tacky, try heat as suggested or maybe multiple goes with the goo gone. If the adhesive has enough build to it you might have to work at is a while to get all of it removed and it may seem like you are just moving it around. If all else fails I would bet money that lacquer thinner would get it off, but be careful about what it might do to the plastic. Also, WD40 is pretty good as well as lighter fluid. All solvents of varied aggressiveness.

Maybe sojersey will chime in here. He is a detailer and no doubt has had to remove glue in the past.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that I saw one on ebay last night that is specific for a V.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Getting glue off of the pieces in the nave center area is going to be tough as the usual products I use may strip the cheap rubber'y feeling coating... 3m adhesive and wax remover is by far one of the best things to use... also try tarminator by stoners! That stuff is **** and removes any stubborn glue/tar/bugs/sap!

Quick Reply: Will this fit my V?