Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal sticking but engaged????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Clutch pedal sticking but engaged????

I've never seemed to have this issue before with a 6 speed so I'm kind of stumped. Whenever I am running the car WOT, after a few shifts the pedal will start to stick at the bottom all the way against the floor but yet the car still pulls as if the clutch is fully engaged. I have to pull the clutch back out with my foot but usually when I do, it pops back out all the way, but will stick again as soon as I shift. The issue seems to go away as soon as I give it a minute to cool down. I'm just really confused as to what the issue might be. And just so everyone is clear, the car is completely stock. Stock shifter, trans, clutch, slave cylinder, ect. All these parts have 111,xxx miles on them. When I DD the car, I never have an issue, and the clutch has never seemed to slip. Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it's time for a Tick adjustable master.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Common problem with T56's and dirty clutch fluid. If your fluid is black I'd try changing it out first

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbsy0LjUvE
Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay. After a quick look under the hood, clutch fluid is black. So I guess I'll start with the basics and flush it out. Is been years since I've had to do this. Can anyone remind me of how to flush this system. Also, anyone want to suggest a good fluid to flush with.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
Sounds like it's time for a Tick adjustable master.
Thank you for keeping us in mind.

For the OP - a good read on how your hydraulic setup works is in our FAQ, found here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...aulics/#master
Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I'd also suggest a fluid flush & rebleed. If the problem continues & you just dont have the funds for a Tick, go to autozone & buy the duralast master cylinder, its about $65 & once you hold it next to the stock unit you'll notice its the same part. Difference from the dealership version is the Autozone doesnt come with the new fluid cup, braided line & is not already bled, so you'll need to bench bleed it.

If you have the cash, get a Tick.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well today was the first time I decided to see how it felt under wot. Pedal stuck to the floor yet again and it wouldn't go int 3rd gear. I'm broke as a joke and just don't have time for this. It holds up fine just rolling around but anything more than about 40% throttle and the pedal still sticks. I guess I'll save up to invest in a Monster level 2 kit and a tick setup. No point in half assing it now.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
Thank you for keeping us in mind.

For the OP - a good read on how your hydraulic setup works is in our FAQ, found here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...aulics/#master
Thanks for the good reading material, it's always appreciated.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Thanks '02TA! I was having issues as well and after doing that my car, its running smooth... :-)

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal sticking but engaged????