Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

440" street engine 725 flywheel hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 440" street engine 725 flywheel hp

Never happy with anything we do, we took our 656 hp 427 and did some re-engineering. Added a little more stroke, some better head and a redesigned camshaft. I think it turned out pretty dang good.

features

Va Speed sleeved ls2 block 4.125 bore
Manley 4.100 stroke crank
Manley 6.125 rods
Manley forged pistons
Va Speed Ls7 heads
Va Speed ported Fast 102
NW 102 TB
Custom cam (230's intake lobe)

Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang what kind of headers are those? pretty sure we'd never get anything like that in anything that came from the factory with an ls engine in it haha. torque is crazy.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

graph is smooth. Looks nice.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by s346k
dang what kind of headers are those? pretty sure we'd never get anything like that in anything that came from the factory with an ls engine in it haha. torque is crazy.
Dyno headers

DAMN nice numbers!! What do you think this would put to the ground behind a 6 speed?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Dyno headers

DAMN nice numbers!! What do you think this would put to the ground behind a 6 speed?
ya i figured that much. just curious what they're worth over a more commonly used header design. i'd guess quite a bit on an engine that size.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by s346k
ya i figured that much. just curious what they're worth over a more commonly used header design. i'd guess quite a bit on an engine that size.
i really can't say what their exactly worth, but it can't be much. We only lose 80 hp or so when putting one of these into a vette. That's std headers,full exhaust, complete drivetrain.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Dyno headers

it would depend on what kind of car, header and exhaust design, rear end, gear ratio,tire size etc.

in a vette- probably 630+

in an f body with a 9''-600 maybe a little more
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKpk8Yxsiw
Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

With the change to LS7 heads, what C.R did you wind up with?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet this thing would run strong in a 2800lb camaro! Great numbers.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice. If only I had more money.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Pretty f'n stout indeed!! Nice work guys...cant wait to see what you can do with a few more cubes
Old 04-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

That is very impressive results. The cam is only a 230 duration? Am i reading that right? Great work guys!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

I would like to say thank you to shawn and ed at VA speed. I purchased this mill for my wifes 2000 ws6. it started out white with blue stripes. I posted a couple vids last fall of her whipping some doughnuts with the stock ls1. over the winter it revieved a complete color swap. tripple black with gunmetal stripes. Purchased and installed a MWC 9inch with all the goodies. Viper spec t-56 from rick at RTK transmissions. all new interior, audio and I have on order all the rest of the driveline components and front end chassi and supporting pieces. Im excited to see how this performs. Its my wifes car so I wanted it to run smooth as close to stock as possible. She likes the "pretty stuff", but you know Im going to drive it too. she is nervous, but I told her its just like the old one.lol. throttle controll is everything. I dont have any, but I can drive. Ill post a video in a couple weeks when the car is finished. I cant wait to see the look on her face when she hits it. VROOOOM! It was my dream to be able to build a car, it was my dream to be able to have top of the line components, and do it right. I personally wouldnt have done it with a ws6, but I built the car for her. My dream to do these things means nothing if you cant enjoy them with someone, so together, we will enjoy it. I like the saying "this bird eats snakes"

rinkle walls and clutch dumps comming this summer!!!

~Blake Dennis
Old 04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 3500lt
I would like to say thank you to shawn and ed at VA speed. I purchased this mill for my wifes 2000 ws6. it started out white with blue stripes. I posted a couple vids last fall of her whipping some doughnuts with the stock ls1. over the winter it revieved a complete color swap. tripple black with gunmetal stripes. Purchased and installed a MWC 9inch with all the goodies. Viper spec t-56 from rick at RTK transmissions. all new interior, audio and I have on order all the rest of the driveline components and front end chassi and supporting pieces. Im excited to see how this performs. Its my wifes car so I wanted it to run smooth as close to stock as possible. She likes the "pretty stuff", but you know Im going to drive it too. she is nervous, but I told her its just like the old one.lol. throttle controll is everything. I dont have any, but I can drive. Ill post a video in a couple weeks when the car is finished. I cant wait to see the look on her face when she hits it. VROOOOM! It was my dream to be able to build a car, it was my dream to be able to have top of the line components, and do it right. I personally wouldnt have done it with a ws6, but I built the car for her. My dream to do these things means nothing if you cant enjoy them with someone, so together, we will enjoy it. I like the saying "this bird eats snakes"

~Blake Dennis
Sounds like a great build Blake! Good luck with its completion....cant wait to see the vids, too .
Old 04-23-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice build!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BadROC
That is very impressive results. The cam is only a 230 duration? Am i reading that right? Great work guys!

yes,the intake lobe is in the 230's. This thing has a very mild idle. We had it idling at 700rpm on the dyno with no issues.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 3500lt

~Blake Dennis
no problem Blake- thanks for letting use do this build and get a little creative.
I can't wait to see this in the car.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HighspeedLean
With the change to LS7 heads, what C.R did you wind up with?
low 11's
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice work guys. Congrats on the results.

Cubes work. I am hearing good things about those heads too. Idles great for a FAST. Very smooth.

Quick Reply: 440" street engine 725 flywheel hp