Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

getting rid of c6 for first gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting rid of c6 for first gen

Well I am strongly considering getting rid of my Dsom c6 for a numbers matching 1967 Camaro ss 350 with 4 speed. It looks to be in excellent shape Nd has all original body panels. It was an original California car with a restore about ten years ago. I'm torn between doing it but I have wanted it since I was about 13 I'm 28 now and also the thought of the value increasing instead of decreasing is alluring here is the add. What do you guys think.
350c.i. 4BBL (#s Matching) 295 H.P. V8,
4 Speed Manual (#s Matching) M21 Transmission,
12 Bolt Rear w/ 3.55 Gear Ratio,
Seat Belts,
Deluxe Interior,
Buckets/Console & Hurst Shifter,
Factory AM Radio w/ Rear Antenna,
Aftermarket Gauge Cluster Under Dash,
Cal-Trac Traction Bars,
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust,
(Group-4 Options-P) - SS 350 Package,
Correct Marina Blue Exterior (Paint Code F-F),
Correct Parchment Vinyl Interior (Trim Code 797-2),
Factory Steel Wheels & Hubcaps w/ Redline Radial Tires,
Original Protect-O-Plate,
Gorgeous Fit & Finish!
Runs & Drives Fantastic!
Very Fine Example of a Correct Classic Camaro SS!!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

the website is down that the pictures are on hopefully i will be able to get them up.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Teching In

the h.u.d. wont be as high of definition but if youcan deal with the old ammeneties then go for it personally i would take the c6
Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

buy one thats not matching numbers so you can mod it and not feel bad.

going from a vette to a first gen is huge and i think you will be very disappointed. i've driven and owned both. if you mod the suspension with any of the new kits out for a first gen then it will ride like the vette and have the looks that you want.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I dont care if they are original ditch those awful wheels if you get it. Just put them away for safe keeping and get some up to date tires and rims.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM
On The Tree

There is no power steering or brakes so it will never ride like a vette. Its also not a daily driver so that's not a big deal. The only reason I'm looking at it is because its number matching. Every thing is original down the sheet metal on it. I will put a set of crager find or rally wheels with new tires but that's about it. I can always get another there are a ton for sale. next time I'm getting one c6z with lots of miles. I have 40k on mine and people are telling me I have high miles. Plus you can't take them anywhere without something happening. Saturday night I took it to dinner and somebody spit on the Damn thing and I had a foot print on the nose. No damage but still infuriating and it happens often. Atleast a classic has a reason to be a garage queen, plus they are herring harder to find all numbers matching.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I say do it. I love first Gens. Although i would probably want one that i could drop a modern fuel injected motor into, and not feel guilty. LS3 T56 First gen would be excellent.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deelong4002
I say do it. I love first Gens. Although i would probably want one that i could drop a modern fuel injected motor into, and not feel guilty. LS3 T56 First gen would be excellent.
thats what i did. its just as modern as a 2001 SS since thats what everything came from

do they have pictures of the restore? there is next to zero chance that there hasn't been some metal replaced on that car. you should go over everything with a good light and look everywhere you can. pull up the rear seat too, requires no tools take less than a min to pull it up and look under.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

It's at a dealer called fast lane classic cars. They deal with classics from the 30's on up. They are very reputable and very knowledgeable staff. They do appraisals and service and restoration. They are going to have it on a hoist so I can look under the car and check for rust and the sub frame and they will go over the entire car with me. They have all documents from the first owner, it was sold January 7 1967 in California and was made in the la plant. They do have restoration pictures and have thoroughly checked the car out. It was traded in on a 69 berger camaro
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Go for it! get the first gen, I own a 67 camaro with an ls2 and a six speed, but I would love to own a matching# 67 camaro. How much are they asking?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Asking price is 35k I'm trying to get 30k but it comes with their appraisal and an dependant part appraisal
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_fast_one
It's at a dealer called fast lane classic cars. They deal with classics from the 30's on up. They are very reputable and very knowledgeable staff. They do appraisals and service and restoration. They are going to have it on a hoist so I can look under the car and check for rust and the sub frame and they will go over the entire car with me. They have all documents from the first owner, it was sold January 7 1967 in California and was made in the la plant. They do have restoration pictures and have thoroughly checked the car out. It was traded in on a 69 berger camaro
as long as they have pictures to document it. there is a dealer kinda like that local to be that does the same thing other than the restoration part selling a '68 for $41k that was a "$50k" restoration. its a solid $17,000 car at best the work was done that bad.

at only $35,995 with all the documentation then it looks like a OK deal. i would try and get the price down a few grand. its a 11k mile car so no one really ever drove it. thats just about 260 miles a year. how ever for a matching number car its missing the correct gauges. 3SDK,
D - gauges or clock
K - RPO Z21 option, style trim group
S - RPO Z23 option, interior decor
http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-ca...ecode-1967.asp

if you do buy it see if you can track a set down of the console gauges and clock.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

i almost bought a c6 but changed my mind. Now i have a pro touring 1st gen. Numbers matching etc isnt my style. Mine is mini tubed, dse quadralink, ls2, t56 etc. To me thats better than some "boring" stock 1st gen
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the site
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Do your homework.... run the numbers. Too many crooks out there (not saying he is one) and too many not knowing any better.
Check out Camaros.net <- (I'm a lifer over there) and CRG.org

Wish you luck
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Normally I'd say NO. I love old muscle above all else but old muscle is just "old" and it gets old really quick. But you have wanted this since you were 13 so this is something you kinda have to do. You're not DD'ing this thing, right?

Quick Reply: getting rid of c6 for first gen