Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

considering getting a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering getting a GTO

well im still wanting to trade in the old gp and i stumbled across this GTO on autotrade, its pretty far so i was wondering if anyone lived close to Mount Clemens, MI and could maybe go take a look at it for me? i emailed the dealer about it tonight and am waiting to hear back. what do you all think?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Launching!

I def think you could find one cheaper, even at 34k miles. I had 3 on my list when I got mine. A 2005 in New York with 50k For $12.9k, a 2006 in MO with 44k for $14k, and the one I got, a bit higher mileage, but in almost new condition, a 2005 with 60k for $11k....I know on another GTO site, someone mentioned another one in New York with 33k miles going for $16.5...Try searching autotempest.com. I had to fly out and drive my car 17.5 hours home (over 1k miles), and I couldn't be happier. This car is awesome to me. If you want one, get it, and you won't be disappointed
Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Teching In

I will sell you an 04 for half the price and i will deliver if i can get a ride to the nearest airport.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...rice-drop.html
Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
I def think you could find one cheaper, even at 34k miles. I had 3 on my list when I got mine. A 2005 in New York with 50k For $12.9k, a 2006 in MO with 44k for $14k, and the one I got, a bit higher mileage, but in almost new condition, a 2005 with 60k for $11k....I know on another GTO site, someone mentioned another one in New York with 33k miles going for $16.5...Try searching autotempest.com. I had to fly out and drive my car 17.5 hours home (over 1k miles), and I couldn't be happier. This car is awesome to me. If you want one, get it, and you won't be disappointed
thanks for the good info, ill keep that in mind maybe ill just keep looking around

Originally Posted by jjackson
I will sell you an 04 for half the price and i will deliver if i can get a ride to the nearest airport.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...rice-drop.html
thanks for the offer but i wouldnt want a black car
Old 04-29-2011, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

Price seems a bit high on the yellow 05. Here you can find a decent 05/06 for around 15K. 04's I've seen go for around 11K. I'd say keep looking. I loved my 04 GTO m6 and I would love to have another one some day.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Teching In

I can say for a fact I've owned an 04 (traded it in for) an 06 and now an 04 again. I loved my 06 gto (totaled it) it had the 18in wheels and the bigger brakes. Brand new I paid 27,500.00 but that was in 07. I'd say if you could get it for maybe a grand or 2 less out the door go for it. I know 20k sounds steep but its not like theirs more of these cars being made. I know you would buy this car if you drove it. Good luck man and if you purchase welcome to the herd.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Teching In

well it seems that there are mixed reviews for this car even on the other forum, i feel 19900 is a fair price although id like to talk it down to 18ish out the door, id like to do a private sale but im gonna have to trade my old car in so that isnt really an option yano
Old 04-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Teching In

overall brother its how bad do you want it. People say wait and look...I say you can wait and you may never find what your looking for....or you can purchase what you want and start to enjoy it now. Waiting doesnt mean something better is going to come along. That statement has 2 sides to it because you may find something better...but you have the option to wait. There will always be mixed reviews about everthing because its peoples opinions. If you want it bro get it... like I said maybe a grand or two less out the door and I would snag that thing.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mygoat1
overall brother its how bad do you want it. People say wait and look...I say you can wait and you may never find what your looking for....or you can purchase what you want and start to enjoy it now. Waiting doesnt mean something better is going to come along. That statement has 2 sides to it because you may find something better...but you have the option to wait. There will always be mixed reviews about everthing because its peoples opinions. If you want it bro get it... like I said maybe a grand or two less out the door and I would snag that thing.
Good advise. If I wait it won't happen for a while and right now my bank is offering 3.99% apr on a loan since I'll have to finance whatever it costs after my trade in. I have to call the dealer back bc I missed their call last night. Hopefully he will offer me at least $7k on trade in or I'm not even gonna consider this.

Now the real question is, who lives in the mount Clemens MI area? It sure would be nice to have a local car guy take a look at it since I live 375 miles away
Old 04-30-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

These seem to be getting harder to fine in good condition or unmodded.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TriShield
These seem to be getting harder to fine in good condition or unmodded.
Another reason this one is tempting. It's all stock expect for a muffler delete of some kind
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

do it you wont regret it
Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Launching!

This is actually good advise IMO too. These cars aren't everywhere anymore, and finding an unmodded one or one that doesn't have a salvage title is getting harder. I had been looking since October. I got mine cheap because it had been in a prior accident. Nothing major (I saw pics)...very minor front end damage, and it looks great now. I think 17k-18k is not at all bad for that few miles. I mean if the owner took car of it, i got 60k and mine looks new, but I have sagging rear springs and need radius rod bushings. I love the car so much, if I had not just gotten married and thinking about kids in 3 years, I would have gotten a more expensive low mileage car. I will say, the car is a blast, and incredibly comfortable. I let me wife drive it, and now I can't keep her out of it
Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

I've seen a bunch of good advice on here, and I'll throw in my $.02 just because.

GTO owners that are trying to sell are the rest of the GTO owners worst enemies. The reason the value of the car is so "low" in most cases is because you'll have someone selling it for $18 k one week, not get any offers, so they'll drop it to $17 k a week later. And so on, and so on. It's good for the people that are looking to buy (so it'll help you out), but I'll be damned if they aren't pissing the rest of us owners off, lol. The value of the car will go back up, as they have just recently (after a large drop at the end of last year). But like the rest said, sitting around and waiting for "the best deal" isn't putting your *** in the smurfing seat of a GTO. If it's a car that's going to make you happy, get the deal you can get, and drive the hell out of it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Got my 06 with almost identical mileage for the same price. Could i have made out better financially maybe, but It met all my criteria so i spent more. Do i regret it not one bit. The axleback muffler deletes are cool for a few weeks. I bought stock axle backs to replace them. Real loud truck sound...
Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the advise I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and see what they have to say about my trade in
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Teching In

IMO 19k is too high. I paid $17k for mine two years ago. And I believe after I traded it, it was only sold for about 17k again. Although yellow is the fastest color......
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Saturate15
IMO 19k is too high. I paid $17k for mine two years ago. And I believe after I traded it, it was only sold for about 17k again. Although yellow is the fastest color......
yellow is a good color although i think im gonna wait till i find an orange one that i like since this dealer is lowballing me at $6K for my trade in

what seems to be a fair price for a gto just like this one? KBB puts it at over $20K
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrob56
Got my 06 with almost identical mileage for the same price. Could i have made out better financially maybe, but It met all my criteria so i spent more. Do i regret it not one bit. The axleback muffler deletes are cool for a few weeks. I bought stock axle backs to replace them. Real loud truck sound...
This is what my car came, with the axle-back muffler deletes. Like you said, its cool for a while, but the longer I have it, the more it sounds to me like I'm driving an old truck...the wife likes it though, which is wierd, cause she usually hates exhausts
Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Launching!

I would think about 17k for the one you listed. In my experience, the Orange 06's where always priced pretty high.

Quick Reply: considering getting a GTO