Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's how JD's Screwed Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here's how JD's Screwed Me

I know I am contining what is now a locked threat, but I am sorry. I have bit my tongue long enough. In the last thread Joe D. asked for an example of someone he screwed so here you go.

I would just like to step up as one of those guys that got screwed at JD's. I have posted my situation up before, but I feel I needed to tell Joe D. directly as my phone calls were never returned after I received a sh*ty tune.

I had just installed my TR 224 and I needed a tune so I took it to JD's because JPR recommended him. I was having idle issues and my torque converter would not stay locked up (PCM picking up Random Misfires). So I take my car to JD's to get the tune done after hours, by some guy named Brian (not Bryan from PCMFORLESS). 2hrs later Brian the tuner leaves without me knowing they tell me my car is finished. As I was leaving JD's with what I thought was a good tune my car stalls. So I take it back in and JD adjust the idle set screw it now idles a little better not great. In addition on my way home I realize my converter still does not lock up properly. So I get home and setup another appointment to get a retune for free. Everything is still good I am just a little disappointed I have to go back. SO I am back for the second tune and they fix the idle but they can't figure out how to fix the converter and they finally blame it on my car. So after two tries they still can't fix my car. AT this point I am really disappointed. Now through the use of the search function on this board I figure out, on my own what the problem is with my car. The tuner has to desensitize the random misfire table, inorder to allow the converter to lock up correctly. So I call JD again to reschedule an appointment and this is where I never heard from JD again. I called multiple times and left numerous messages and never received a call back.

And to top it all off when my car got strapped down to the dyno they broke my ABS wire that goes to the axle. That was also not fixed by Joe D.

I AM ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW JD'S SCREWED A PAYING CUSTOMER.

I finally took my car to Mikey at rapidmotors and he took good care of me.

When mikey saw the Tune that was loaded in my car he said its a wonder your car is still in one piece

I am sorry if anyone does not like what I said in this post but I had to get it off my chest.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this doesn't get massively ugly like the last post.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please keep this civil, but thanks for the information.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was not meant to get ugly. I was just stating a true story and I was hoping to catch Joe. D's attention considering he never called me back.

I had to spend arond 1100 dollars to get my car tuned properly.

I spent 550 with JD's and after being fed up with them I went to Mikey and spent another 5xx. You can see were I might be a little angry. plus my ABS is still busted.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by MYBLKSS
It was not meant to get ugly. I was just stating a true story and I was hoping to catch Joe. D's attention considering he never called me back.

I had to spend arond 1100 dollars to get my car tuned properly.

I spent 550 with JD's and after being fed up with them I went to Mikey and spent another 5xx. You can see were I might be a little angry. plus my ABS is still busted.
I hope things work out for you. Those #'s in your sig cant be right? JPR Stage II's dyno 450rwhp plus. Stage I's dyno almost a 100rwhp less?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A4 with a 3600 VIG unlocked is going to dyno like that. Looks alot like my 99. similar mods, dyno #s and track times.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Vince

I dynoed 349hp 380ft/lb cam only

with JPR stage 1's I picked up a 8hp both dyno runs were unlocked, but that's a whole nother thread. I can't prove anything about joe's heads because I don't have the time or the money. So I really don't want to place blame on his heads, but the more and more I hear about JPR the more that runs threw my head. Right now I am picking up knock anywhere above 4K so that is complicating matters further.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

damn that sucks,, glad Rapid took care of you
Old 02-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Vince

I dynoed 349hp 380ft/lb cam only

with JPR stage 1's I picked up a 8hp both dyno runs were unlocked, but that's a whole nother thread. I can't prove anything about joe's heads because I don't have the time or the money. So I really don't want to place blame on his heads, but the more and more I hear about JPR the more that runs threw my head. Right now I am picking up knock anywhere above 4K so that is complicating matters further.
Is is KR you are getting above 4K, or actual audible knock?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Shorty Director

"Personal cars: 2000 Red Camaro SS A4,Z06 block,Custom Comp Cam III,JPR S2 HVLD Heads,Hooker Headers W ORP,Yella Terra rockers,Vig 3,600 #7 pump Converter,Lid N K&N filter,GM707 plugs,Ported Throttle body,Z06 intake manifold,ASP UD Pulley,LS1 edited,3:42 gears"

Do I see a Vig 3600 in this guys sig? Yes I do. Can anyone guess who this car belongs too? This car dyno'd over 450rwhp..
Old 02-23-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mike at rapid said he could not hear it. He believes it is false knock. I am in the process if trying to diagnose where the false knock is coming from now.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Launching!

mike at rapid said he could not hear it. He believes it is false knock. I am in the process if trying to diagnose where the false knock is coming from now.
Try a little race gas mixed in. If you still see the KR then it is definitely false.
Later,
Bryan
Old 02-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VINCE
"Personal cars: 2000 Red Camaro SS A4,Z06 block,Custom Comp Cam III,JPR S2 HVLD Heads,Hooker Headers W ORP,Yella Terra rockers,Vig 3,600 #7 pump Converter,Lid N K&N filter,GM707 plugs,Ported Throttle body,Z06 intake manifold,ASP UD Pulley,LS1 edited,3:42 gears"

Do I see a Vig 3600 in this guys sig? Yes I do. Can anyone guess who this car belongs too? This car dyno'd over 450rwhp..
I believe that was with the converter locked.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the advice Bryan. I already gave it a try and it didn't help matters.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Launching!

thanks for the advice Bryan. I already gave it a try and it didn't help matters.
Must be false then. I beleive there are some schematics out there for resistor circuits to desensitize the Knock sensors. I think I have some here, but will have to look for them.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

JPR Stage II's dyno 450rwhp plus.
Until you get back home and they dyno 430
Old 02-23-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Joe told me these were the heads that came off his car. On Joe's car these heads put down 411 LOCKED with the same 224 cam. I was disappointed at the time but I attributed it to a difference in dynos and his car was locked. The car did not pick up any knock when I put down 357/408.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Interesting thread....I wonder if there was another schedule misshap where Bryan (sp?) aka PCMFORLESS, was not scheduled like he should have been, and last minute they got someone else? Again, sounds like JPR heads arent delivering what they advertised...Either way its sad
Old 02-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default Previous Answer To Craig's Thread

I know I am contining what is now a locked threat, but I am sorry. I have bit my tongue long enough. In the last thread Joe D. asked for an example of someone he screwed so here you go.

I would just like to step up as one of those guys that got screwed at JD's. I have posted my situation up before, but I feel I needed to tell Joe D. directly as my phone calls were never returned after I received a sh*ty tune.

I had just installed my TR 224 and I needed a tune so I took it to JD's because JPR recommended him. I was having idle issues and my torque converter would not stay locked up (PCM picking up Random Misfires). So I take my car to JD's to get the tune done after hours, by some guy named Brian (not Bryan from PCMFORLESS). 2hrs later Brian the tuner leaves without me knowing they tell me my car is finished. As I was leaving JD's with what I thought was a good tune my car stalls. So I take it back in and JD adjust the idle set screw it now idles a little better not great. In addition on my way home I realize my converter still does not lock up properly. So I get home and setup another appointment to get a retune for free. Everything is still good I am just a little disappointed I have to go back. SO I am back for the second tune and they fix the idle but they can't figure out how to fix the converter and they finally blame it on my car. So after two tries they still can't fix my car. AT this point I am really disappointed. Now through the use of the search function on this board I figure out, on my own what the problem is with my car. The tuner has to desensitize the random misfire table, inorder to allow the converter to lock up correctly. So I call JD again to reschedule an appointment and this is where I never heard from JD again. I called multiple times and left numerous messages and never received a call back.

And to top it all off when my car got strapped down to the dyno they broke my ABS wire that goes to the axle. That was also not fixed by Joe D.

I AM ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW JD'S SCREWED A PAYING CUSTOMER.

I finally took my car to Mikey at rapidmotors and he took good care of me.

When mikey saw the Tune that was loaded in my car he said its a wonder your car is still in one piece

I am sorry if anyone does not like what I said in this post but I had to get it off my chest.
CRAIG,

I REMEMBER THE CAR--THIS HAD SOME DRIVIBILITY ISSUES THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF,I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY,BUT WE TUNED THE CAR IN 10-02--THAT IS WHY SOME OF THE TUNING WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE TO TRY TO GET THE IDLE STRAIGHTENED OUT.
YOU COULD ONLY COME AT NIGHT AND BRYAN WAS DOING THE TUNING FOR ME AT NIGHT FOR YOU.HE WASN'T WORKING HERE EVERYDAY.
I REMEMBER YOU CALLING--AND I COULDN'T STAY AT NIGHT WHEN YOU WANTED TO COME BACK--I TOLD YOU I HAVE TO SET UP AN APPT WITH BRYAN AT THE SAME TIME.

I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH YOU,CRAIG AND YOUR CAR--I WAS BENDING OVER BACKWARDS FOR YOU AND IT STILL WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.
THE CAR HAD PROBLEMS---THAT IS WHY THE TUNE WAS THE WAY IT WAS--YOU COULDN'T LEAVE THE CAR FOR US TO CHECK IT OUT.

THANKS
JOE D.

YOU NEVER CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES--I AM HERE 80+HOURS A WEEK--I TALKED TO YOU EVERYTIME YOU CALLED--YOU KNOW I DID.
YOU CAN ASK ANYONE THAT CALLS HERE-I AM ALWAYS HERE.

SO PLEASE--

THE CONNECTOR CAME OUT FOR THE ABS ON THE LEFT REAR ACCIDENTLY--I HOOKED THAT BACK UP FOR YOU---NOTHING WAS DAMAGED.

THANKS AGAIN
Old 02-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Tuning Issue

Sorry About Your Tuning Issue---i Always Try To Do The Best I Can For Everyone.

I Am Glad You Got It Taken Care Of Anyway And Are Happy.

Thanks
Joe D.