Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another corsa gone bad. BUT a thank you to corsa for taking care of it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another corsa gone bad. BUT a thank you to corsa for taking care of it!

Bought my corsa catback around july 2002.

Just recently (less than a week from today) car was making tons of rattling noises. Knowing that I got my headers installed 2 months ago I thought something (y-pipe or complete exhaust) loosened up maybe?

So i finally took it to MIDAS and had them take a look at it. They said that the muffler was the problem and they mentioned it "could" have a broken baffle in the muffler or something. They said the rattling problem (that woke up people in my entire neighborhood) is definetly a muffler problem.

I called corsa right away and spoke to rick and he said he'll ship out a new muffler right away and take care of everything for me as long as I ship the defected muffler back to him 2-3 weeks after I get the new one in. Sounds good to me. Thank you corsa for the great customer service.

Im glad I purchased my catback from corsa and not anywhere else as I heard that corsa will only back up their stuff under warranty if the products were purchased from them directly.

Rick mentioned that the Muffler should take 3-4 business days to build and 3-4 business days to ship (ground shipping).

Ill keep you guys posted on what happens.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:28 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad they're taking care of you. A guy down the street from me went through 3 Corsa mufflers before finally throwing in the towel on that 700 dollar polished turd of an exhaust system

Corsa = Junk

josh
Old 02-24-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well actually I really liked my corsa system before anything happened to it. It sucked that I had to go through all of this but I gota admit I enjoyed it too much before this happened.

Even with a 224 cam and long tubes the corsa catback still did its job of pulse resonance cancellation. I never complained from head drone or anything. But then I can understand why that dude finally gave up on the corsa. I wouldnt want to go thru 3 mufflers too. I hope I dont at least.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Damian

Corsa = Junk

josh
i agree. i went through 2 of their mufflers. I dont know why they dont come out with a new system that doesnt have these stupid problems.

Paying 600+ bones for a catback? they should get it right the first time

ive gone with bassani and havent looked back
Old 02-25-2004, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Smile

No Problems with mine. No complaints from the neighbors either!
Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

I'm glad your pleased but I would be pissed.
(A) They should fix the problem in the factory.
(B) You gotta' take the old one off and put the new one on and pay to ship the old one back.
So yeah, that's great that they warrantied it, but what a PITA to have to go through all that and with all the people who go to the message boards for their info, corsa is gonna get some bad PR and lose some sales. Just bad business.
I've had my exhaust for 3 years now and I bought it used and I've never had any problems with it.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im fairly sure they pay for shipping back.

it takes, all of 15 minutes to install a muffler/tailpipes.

I have a corsa, and like it, but i bought it used, for about 1/4 the price

i do not like the sound though the blowmaster i had before sounded better at idle, and part throttle.

Ryan
Old 02-25-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What Julian said,

Mine went bad last year, I called Corsa and they sent me a new one (same conditions - send back the old or pay 250.00). Received it and went to install it myself when I noticed that the ppl that installed my system put a few welds to keep the pipe from moving. So I had to take it down and have the welds cuts (a big PITA) and the old muffler remove and re-installed (cost = 75.00).

When I gave them my CC# (deposit if I didn't send the old one back), I noticed that they charged me. It was either to ship it or to have it shipped back, something like $15.00.

So far this one has held, however the car is rarely ever driven.

Good luck
Old 02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

I was under the impression that Corsa had fixed this problem, guess not!
Old 02-25-2004, 04:48 PM
9 Second Club

my buddy went through 2-3 mufflers as well, threw in the towel and had a magnaflow put on! it has worked flawless for over a year now and there was zero difference in power, dyno proven before and after.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

No problems here.

No drone/resonance and as far as finish quality and exhaust tips..... Corsa> anything on the market.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

hay guys, I just e-mailed corsa direct about the bad rap that there getting on this forum, lets see If they respond.!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i dont have any bad feedback for corsa. They are handling my situation perfectly so far. Although I dont like the fact my corsa product has been defected, I still thank Corsa for having excellent customer service
Old 02-25-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the price you and others have paid for that system they should fly out and replace it, Just my opinion.$600-700 for what good looking tips and crap mufflers.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

Cant say they havent fixed the problem with the baffles yet, as I havent seen anyone having any problems with one bought in the last few months. The current topic starter bought his in July 02, and even if it was July 03 thats still more than enough to time to rectify the problem. I keep hoping they do so I can buy one with confidence. I am not a nice person when the parts I pay premium for go south!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought my catback from corsa directly for $795. Total came out to $838.21. (I bought the expensive tips with the system ofcourse).

I must admit I paid good money for my catback expecting quality and great customer service. I didnt buy the corsa from anywhere other than corsa as I heard they wont warranty the system if it wasnt purchased directly from them (decided to pay more to play it safe).

So far I had nothing but awesome quality and awesome customer service from them. Of course it still sucks that ill have to pay to ship the old muffler to them and put the muffler on there again (not something i enjoy doing).

I sure hope the new muffler im getting doesnt have a future defected problem along the way or then ill be very upset.

So far I still have nothing bad to say about corsa as they said they'll ship me a new muffler right away. Since they decided to do that right away without me having to fight for it, I am glad about my purchase because of them taking care of past customers in a great manner.

In the mean time ill drive around pissing everyone off LOL. An old lady actually stood in the parking lot covering her ears when I floored it on 1st gear. Gotta love that LOL

Too bad no one can hear me in the drive thru though