Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What plate is this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What plate is this?

I think this is a NOS plate. I'm trying to figure out what jets to use for this plate and what size shot this plate is capable of. Anybody have any info?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say your good for 250 or 300 shot. jet size matters on what shot you want to go with....any jet brands will work.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
I think this is a NOS plate. I'm trying to figure out what jets to use for this plate and what size shot this plate is capable of. Anybody have any info?

That is an NOS plate. I would be careful about using that plate without having it checked out. The teflon tape (It looks like from the pictures anyway) means those fittings have been out and you never want to use teflon tape on a nitrous system. Teflon tape is a contributor to the trash that sticks open solenoids and clogs jets.

NOS will have the jetting for it. As far as what its capable of, I would spray a 100hp with it and check distribution. I would not take it over 150hp IMO.

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
I would say your good for 250 or 300 shot. jet size matters on what shot you want to go with....any jet brands will work.
I would NEVER spray that plate at those power levels. Also only NOS style jets will fit. Ours, NX, TNT, Harris and many others jets will not work.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for clarifying that. How would I have the plate checked out? I bought it for $40 and I don't think it has been used in a couple of years. Should I consider a different setup (better plate or nozzle)?

I have a 90 mm HSW plate, but I don't have a 90 mm intake. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ch/gr_bomb.gif
Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
Thanks for clarifying that. How would I have the plate checked out? I bought it for $40 and I don't think it has been used in a couple of years. Should I consider a different setup (better plate or nozzle)?

I have a 90 mm HSW plate, but I don't have a 90 mm intake. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ch/gr_bomb.gif
I would hook it up and flow it outside the car.

First I would pull those fittings out and inspect it. Just looking for obvious signs of abuse or machining that was not done by Holley. Reinstall them with some red loctite. Then blast it.

That is up too you. If your wanting the best plate out there, I think it is our design. Your looking at 260$ for a plate conversion, so that may or may not be worth it to you since you own this plate. But it does come with not only a well designed plate but also our tech support (Which your enjoying now )

If your wanting to spray 100hp or less you will be fine as long as you check distribution. If you want 150hp or above, or just a better (IMO) plate then we can talk about ours. If not, jet that plate up and make a clean plug pass and we will see if we cant get you lined out with what you have.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

The fittings are actually off of the 90 mm HSW plate I have. I have a 6 sets of jets and I was hoping to use them (they are TNT jets). The jets fit, but I'm wondering if they will be the right size shot.

I'm considering buying a nicer plate or maybe some one will trade me for my 90 mm plate.

Last edited by 6.0 silverado; 06-08-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

I've used that plate before on my truck. We use it now on my buddies 408 trans am. I WOULD NOT spray more than the 100shot. Get with Graham and the guys at nitrous outlet and they'll hook you up with a great plate that will allow you to grow.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phantom
I've used that plate before on my truck. We use it now on my buddies 408 trans am. I WOULD NOT spray more than the 100shot. Get with Graham and the guys at nitrous outlet and they'll hook you up with a great plate that will allow you to grow.
I am going to get a better plate. I need to figure out which plate will be compatible/best for my setup. I have a complete TNT kit right now with a HSW plate (wrong size). What's the difference between the HSW plate and the nitrous outlet plate? They both look awesome.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

I've used the HSW plate too. It has holes the whole 360* in the opening. By reading their site it appears they have two different plates. One good up to 200 one good to 400+ I don't know for sure because I couldn't ever get their tech support to give me a straight answer. That was enough for me to decide to spend my money elsewhere

Nitrous Outlet has always been more than willing to answer any of my questions with no run around BS whether it be through email or on the phone. I never did much testing with the HSW plate before I got rid of it so I can't say one is better than the other, BUT I know how even my plugs look and how well my truck runs with the plate from Nitrous Outlet. It's the only plate I'll recommend for someone spraying through the front of the intake
Old 06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

I'd go nitrous outlet. HSW makes great parts but as said, tech is garbage...either wait for ever to get ahold them on the phone or play email tag once a day....gets old real quick. Hell I'd almost pull my HSWs kit off for a nitrous outlet kit just because Nitrous outlet actually takes car of you
Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

good info, was wondering about that nos plate and the HSW one.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Just bought a nitrous outlet plate. I'll probably be needing some of that famed tech support soon. =)