Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

will the pro kit springs rub against my 19's on the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will the pro kit springs rub against my 19's on the rear?

getting some OEM C6 wheels (18's front - 19(285 35 19 - 1.25 spacer)back) tomorow, and im going to get the eibach pro-kit springs so im not riding like a 4x4.

just wanted to make sure i wasent going to rub on the 19's on the rear, im pretty sure the fronts should be fine. I know i would be rubbing like hell with the sportlines, so i just wanted to make sure i was making the right purchase.

please do me a solid and give a simple yes (if yes, please let me know what i could do) or no lol
Old 07-15-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

I have 295/30/19's in the rear with a +40 offset and I rub on the fenders. Bump stops are fine, just need to roll my fenders. I'm lowered almost 2inches on Vogtland Springs. Your tires will be almost an inch taller than mine. I'm 25.97 inches tall, stock is 25.66 inches tall, you'll be 26.85 inches tall. You'll probably want to drop to a 30 series tire.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

so i'll probably have to roll the fenders you think? but damn your car looks good

im not planning on lowering it more than 1.3 to 1.5in in the rear and 1.2 in the front (if thats possible, i really don't know how these work, so i'll look it up..but you know what im sayin)
Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1Vince
so i'll probably have to roll the fenders you think? but damn your car looks good

im not planning on lowering it more than 1.3 to 1.5in in the rear and 1.2 in the front (if thats possible, i really don't know how these work, so i'll look it up..but you know what im sayin)
Thanks man. Yes you'll most likely need to. My wheels are flush with the fender. I'm not sure where OEM C6's will sit with a spacer.

IMHO I'd go with a better Spring like Stranos, or even BMR if price is a problem. Eibachs are know to sag and this will cause an issue with your taller tires.

I love your sig BTW, and according to it my cars a virgin because you can fit like 1 finger in the wheel gap ahahaha.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Thanks man. Yes you'll most likely need to. My wheels are flush with the fender. I'm not sure where OEM C6's will sit with a spacer.

IMHO I'd go with a better Spring like Stranos, or even BMR if price is a problem. Eibachs are know to sag and this will cause an issue with your taller tires.

I love your sig BTW, and according to it my cars a virgin because you can fit like 1 finger in the wheel gap ahahaha.
Hmmm yeah im on a bit of budget and im getting the springs with less than 5k miles on them for 150 shipped, so im getting a pretty decent deal i think. But ive seen a few other fbods with the pro kit and C6 wheels and it looks pretty decent, i know im going to have to be easy on bumps and what not, but i wouldnt mind rolling the fenders if i have to.

yeah according to my sig, my car is going to be a 2$ south miami street ***** with 20+ years of expeirience for the next week till i get the springs on haha
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Hmmm yeah im on a bit of budget and im getting the springs with less than 5k miles on them for 150 shipped, so im getting a pretty decent deal i think. But ive seen a few other fbods with the pro kit and C6 wheels and it looks pretty decent, i know im going to have to be easy on bumps and what not, but i wouldnt mind rolling the fenders if i have to.

yeah according to my sig, my car is going to be a 2$ south miami street ***** with 20+ years of expeirience for the next week till i get the springs on haha
I think BMR's are 200 new. They look good but don't handle as well and tend to sag over time, especially in the rear. You should be fine but those tires may pose a problem. Might also throw off your ABS/TCS.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

damn lol are those problems common with our cars having anything other than 17's?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

damn lol are those problems common with our cars having anything other than 17's?
Has to do with over all tire height. Like I said your tires will be almost 1nch and a half taller than stock.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

true. well im gonna have to replace them soon. so. you think i should go with some 285-30's? next time around? im gonna have to see what the fronts are. im going to put them on in about an hour or so, so when i get back i'll post pics. Thanks for helping me out Christian, i appreciate it!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

just put them on!

i dig em!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

No problem man looks good. Will look even better with the drop. At the moment stock ride height + inch taller tires = super 4x4 ahaha. Safe to say you don't have to worry about scraping lol.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

Lower that thing! The eibach should work fine for you..I have them installed since 07 and they haven't "sagged"

Quick Reply: will the pro kit springs rub against my 19's on the rear?