Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

We now have a tire changer and balancer, one stop shop for powder coated wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default We now have a tire changer and balancer, one stop shop for powder coated wheels!

We are excited to announce the arrival of two brand new pieces of equipment. Atlas brand high performance tire changer and also balancer. These are fully optioned machines designed to work on low profile tires, run flats, etc. Rim protectors for custom delicate wheels, and the balancer has the ability to "split" stick on wheel weights, so we can hide the weights behind spokes..no big long ugly strips of weights! This has by far been the most common request that we could not fulfill in the last couple years with those looking for coated wheels and brakes..folks wanting to just drop the car off and come back for it with everything completed.

This means you can simply drop off your car with us and pick it back up with powder coated wheels, brakes, or whatever else you'd like done. We will remove the wheels, remove the tires, coat the wheels, then re-mount and balance the tires all in house. Same process is available with brakes as well..

On more basic wheel jobs(solid color), we can move quickly and typically have the car ready for pick up in two full business days. Brakes could take longer depending on the vehicle and the complexity of the brakes that need coating.

Call for specific quotes but here's a general idea on basic wheels and tire swaps.

Up to 19" wheels coated in a single coat color(not two tone or two coat): $300 for coating work, $100 for tire swap so $400 out the door for set of 4.
20-21" wheels single coat color: $400 for coating work, $150 for tire swap, so $550 out the door for set of 4.

Brakes will average $150-200 labor for remove and re-install, and the coating costs will depend on various options, best to call to discuss your specific brakes.

100% powder pin striping, mutliple coat colors, etc are additional. Call for quote.

TBSS and 2010+ Camaro guys: We own a set of factory wheels for these two platforms for exchange. Just say what you want and we coat them, then stop by and hang out in our air conditioned customer lounge for a bit while we swap your tires, and away you go with custom coated wheels. We also own two sets of brakes for TBSS for exchange as well..

Feel free to call/text at 847-561-4361

Visit us at www.thepowderpro.com

Wheels gallery
http://www.thepowderpro.com/gallery/?level=album&id=13

Brakes gallery
http://www.thepowderpro.com/gallery/?level=album&id=11

Thanks!

Sean
Old 07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

That's badass Sean!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with John. Nice to see the business growing. Still love the wheels you did for me.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys have powder chrome?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Motorboater

Yes, we can do chrome powder. Doesn't look like real chrome but its nice
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Yes, we can do chrome powder. Doesn't look like real chrome but its nice
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking maybe doing powder chrome on my truck wheels, or black with a red pinstripe on the lip...

Here's the truck...

Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Motorboater

I would go black with the red pinstripe personally. Chrome powder basically looks like a reflective silver, doesn't really look all that custom on wheels..

Check out the first couple throttle bodies in our 5th Gen throttle body thread on Camaro5, that's chrome powder
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152705
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that's bad ***. For some reason, I thought it was way more expensive to powder coat wheels. Not bad.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Motorboater

Thought I'd update this with some pictures of a few cars and wheels/tires that have been dropped off lately.

5th Gen Camaro dropped off for wheels in flat black. Done in 24 hours start to finish.

5th Gen wheels in white. Also done in 24 hours with tires off and on.

Textured bronz wheels prior to mounting tires back on

Rare 3 piece Euro wheels, big project to restore and customize

Wheels for a PT cruiser prior to mounting tires

Wheels and brakes for 08 S550 AMG. Car was here 3 days total. I forgot to take pics of finished car

05 CTS-V dropped off for wheels and removal and coating of front grilles. Done in 24 hours.

5th Gen V6 brakes. Welded, shaved, smoothed.

Changed up the brakes on my 06 TBSS. Factory calipers welded, shaved, coated. R1 rotors two tone coated to match..

Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice!!!

Quick Reply: We now have a tire changer and balancer, one stop shop for powder coated wheels!