Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear end & suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear end & suspension upgrade

so i bought a rear end (whole axle from wheel to wheel) from the south with 3.73 gears and NO RUST..so im going to put the whole thing in my car since i have 2.73 gears and a **** ton of rust while im there i wana update/upgrade some of my other stuff that should be done but im not sure what i should do for sure so im looking for some input...im not changing springs cuz mine are find and they are lowering springs and i already have a set of new shocks so im thinking things like LCA, sway bar, Panhard bar, maybe torque arm but those look spendy haha....and small things like brake lines, links and so on?

what would u do if u were in my shoes?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

A UMI adj torque arm was the first thing I did to my suspension and it was worth every penny. But i think you have the right idea of what to do. Control arms make a big different too
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigj2717
A UMI adj torque arm was the first thing I did to my suspension and it was worth every penny. But i think you have the right idea of what to do. Control arms make a big different too
yea cuz iv had a couple people tell me to do LCA and relocation brakets cuz i have lowering springs on the car
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah if it's lowered relocation brackets and an adj phb is good. The adj ta is good to so you can make sure your pinion angle is where it needs to be
Old 07-24-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjustable panhard rod for sure. LCA reloc brackets and rear LCAs wouldn't hurt, especially if you're getting wheel-hop. Rear sway bar change typically goes better with a front sway bar change to make sure they're matched properly; same with the brake lines - if you're going to do braided stainless, you might as well do all four corners.

Torque arm is never a bad idea, but one of the things I'd leave for last.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I would do lower control arms, adjustable panhard rod, lower control arm relocation brackets, and adjustable torque arm. Theses are all parts you are going to have to remove to swap out the rear end and they are all parts that will really help the handling and performance of the vehicle especially since the car is lowered. If you are interested in any BMR parts shoot me a PM or give me a call here at the shop and I am sure I can work out some pricing for you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
I would do lower control arms, adjustable panhard rod, lower control arm relocation brackets, and adjustable torque arm. Theses are all parts you are going to have to remove to swap out the rear end and they are all parts that will really help the handling and performance of the vehicle especially since the car is lowered. If you are interested in any BMR parts shoot me a PM or give me a call here at the shop and I am sure I can work out some pricing for you.
sounds good..this will be my winter project so it'll prob be a month or too before i give u a call
Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by agenthol302
sounds good..this will be my winter project so it'll prob be a month or too before i give u a call
Sounds good just give a call when you are ready and I will work up a custom package for you with some good pricing.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Rear end & suspension upgrade