Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

FS - SJM ABS Delete kit - new

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS - SJM ABS Delete kit - new

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $120
Location (State): IL
Item Condition: Brand New
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

This is a brand new SJM manufacturing ABS delete kit for 98-02 F-bodys.
Its the version with the Wilwood proportianal valve, and comes with a double flare tool ($30 option)

The stipulation is that I purchased this from someone on here and it is incomplete. The double end flare tool is missing the piece that holds the tube in place, and I think it might be missing one of the prebent lines.

This version costs $140+$30+ shipping through them.
You can prebend one line yourself, and save yourself some $$
The only reason I ended up not using it is because we fixed my ABS issue, so I no longer need to delete it.

$110

Last edited by Jimmy P; 07-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the top guys
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased this probably a month ago from SJM, and I can tell you what its missing...

1: The "T" fitting that should have (3) screws for the lines.
2: The other part of the double flare tool like you mentioned. But you can rent the tool at Autozone.

When I ordered mine, I ordered it with the line lock, and it didnt come with EITHER "T" fitting. I called SJM, and he apologized and had them sent to me within the next 2 days. Maybe the previous owner could do the same thing from SJM?

Good luck with your sale!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kit is missing a few important parts. Most of which are not inexpensive to replace. To the seller: whomever you purchased it from left out many parts. There should actually be a total of 4 formed lines. The two key lines which lead from the master cylinder and the proportioning valve and line lock are missing. ...not to mention other parts as mentioned above. The two lines shown in the picture are not formed anything like they should be. As shown, they are not useful in my opinion.

Hopefully this helps the seller as a potential buyer may be quite upset to find this out after the purchase. I don't want to step on toes here, I apologize if I'm sounding like I am...but the seller may want to just list the post as a sale for a new proportioning valve as that is about the only useful part shown from the picture.

Good luck.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its actually just the abs delete kit. Not abs + line lock. And like the person above you posted, the original seller recieved an incomplete kit from you guys. He mentioned he sent you an email but didnt get a response.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Jimmy,

What is pictured isn't anything near the base ABS delete kit which as you mentioned retails for ~140.00.

What is shown is so incomplete/damaged the only thing useful in my opinion is the proportioning valve.

I'm mentioning this to you on your post not to take away a sale for you but to help avoid getting into a dispute with the buyer over the kit with both parties loosing money and time.

What will happen is the buyer will probably call us for the parts they need. They will need to purchase everything but the proportioning valve kit shown. Not only will they need the two primary lines for the master cylinder, but they will need to replace the two lines that you are showing unless they don't care if they are all bent up and wont fit as shown. The parts you're showing is missing all of the brass fittings which is more than just a T-assembly.

I normally would never post in a personal ad but since the only useful part is the proportioning valve kit...by your initial ad, its obvious that you were thinking it was essentially a base kit but it's not close to it.

I'm trying to help as with the internet, your buyer would probably think you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes. In actuality you were just being honest with the fact that you thought it was close to a base kit. I recognize your nickname on here but can't recall who you are...
Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you respond to everytihng thats conveniant for you, yet you avoid the fact that the previous buyer that sold me the kit mentioned that he tryed to contact you guys about incomplete kit he recieved. He ordered it directly from you guys. Then when he tryed to email you guys to get replacement parts, didn't get a response..Mistakes do happen, I do understand that. But here is a thread where TWO buyers have gotten incomplete kits from you guys, so I dont know whats going on there at SJM.

I guess then you can either send me what parts are missing so I can sell a complete kit, or all I have is a brand new proportinal valve..
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Launching!

We respond to customers. If there is a issue we try to resolve it. Don't try to throw out accusations that we are not helping our customers. You're not even our customer and I'm here trying to help you. You purchased this off the net from an individual not a company.

What you purchased and what the person that you purchased it from told you is between both of you guys, not us. It is all hearsay as far as I'm concerned. We did not sell you what you have...I do not know who you purchased those parts from or what they said.

I was trying to help you and your potential seller. I would be telling them the same thing I'm telling you. Since you never bothered to call us directly, you had no idea that you really don't even have a kit. Based on your rude response, I now question the reason of why you're selling what you have. There is no way you could have even attempted to use what you have in your possession as an ABS delete kit.

If you want the other parts, we can sell them to you. They will be 139.99 minus the cost of the proportioning valve kit.

If you sold this kit, and the THIRD owner called us, we would be telling them the same thing. The difference is the fact that the person may dispute their funds they gave to you based on the fact you false-fully sold them parts that you were calling our ABS delete kit. THUS why I was trying to help YOU and your buyer.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want the other parts, we can sell them to you. They will be 139.99 minus the cost of the proportioning valve kit.
No thanks, I wont pay $100 for two lines and a couple of brass fittings..

You're not even our customer and I'm here trying to help you.
And here is where you are wrong. I actualy am(or was but wont be again) a SJM customer. I have purchased Bogarts directly from you guys.

I now question the reason of why you're selling what you have.
And I already said why I am seling this "kit" . My car had an ABS/braking issue that no one could figure out. I decided to try deleting the ABS unit and see if that cures the problelm. Speed Inc ended up finding the issue for me by just replacing some lines, thus I no longer need your "kit" and I still have my ABS. Its a street car, I have no reason to delete the ABS.

So please stay out of my thread now..

Does anyone want to buy a brand new Willdood proportioning valve? Ill sell it cheap.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Launching!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel I have somehow insulted you. I was offering you help even though you didn't purchase the kit from us yet somehow what I've done to you was completely wrong in your eyes. The replacement parts that you need is the entire kit minus the valve....not just for two lines and a couple of brass fittings. The point is you don't have anything in that picture that resembles our kit...which the exception of the valve.

Now your last post would be correct regarding selling the valve. If you would have sold those parts as our ABS delete kit, you would have been taking advantage of someone else...just as you must have been taken advantage of if you purchased what you have as a used kit near 120.00.

You're obviously upset since you now realize that you do NOT have one of our kits, you only have a proportioning valve.

I'm sorry that this post has come to this but think of it this way...I've sacrificed you as our future customer in saving your own reputation on here.

If I was an unsuspecting buyer picking up this part from you for 120.00, I'd be giving you negative feedback as well as dispute the charges for the purchase. Of where you'd probably loose your money and parts. Forgive me for trying to help you.

My suggestion is to delete this posting and offer what you have as a proportioning valve for sale.

If you don't relist the item it would like me trying to sell a BMR torque arm as "new" but it only being a rod end joint that went with the torque arm.

Hopefully our wheels continue to work out for you. If you need further assistance with them, let me know.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please cut the bs. This is or is supposed to be one of your kits. Why this customer didnt receive a full kit from you guys is between you and him.
I was going by what i saw on your webpage of whats included. I looked at the picture of your abs delete kits(not line lock ) and it looks like what i have minus a line and a couple of fittings plus the other half of the tool. Ive heard that tool is junk anyways from numerous sources.

The reason why i got offended is because the entire time you have been trying to say that im trying ro take advantage of someone. You started that with the "trying to pull whool over someones eyes statement".
I honestly just want to get rid of the kit. I priced it at 110 and I probalby would of taken half of that amount for it. I always price everything high so when the people try to negotiate me down, I have room to do that. You can always go down in price, but never up..
And no this thread wont be getting deleted. Im selling a willwood proportioning valve. Ill have to adjust the price accordingly but thats what i have for sale.
And are you still a sponsor on this board?

Last edited by Jimmy P; 08-13-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Launching!

You really need to read my post as you're way off base.

My statements were to help YOU as you were obviously confused to what you have. It was to help you from receiving "negative trader feedback" which you most certainly would have received based on you were suggesting you had. The wool statement was not directed towards you from me so please re-read post #6.

The wool statement was made as the BUYER would think that you either tried to pull the wool over their eyes or were being deceitful...NOT me. Would you expect anything else from them?? I know I'd be pissed if I spent ~100.00 on what was told to me as being a kit but was nothing more than a 40.00 proportioning valve!! So once again, my posts from the start was to clarify what you had and to help you and help a buyer.

I can guarantee you, if the person who bought the parts from you called us, you would have been receiving a call or dispute from that buyer. I WAS trying to help you and avoid headaches in the end. Instead I'm the one getting the bad end of the stick for no reason. ...especially when I was just trying to help you...go figure.

With regards to you stating the person who received the kit wasn't complete before he sold it to you...I will completely disagree with you. I would bet the business he did not receive what you have. If we sold a kit as you have...there is no way in hell the customer wouldn't know he doesn't have a kit. It would be obvious as the directions would show this...which you don't have either.

Maybe he sold it to you without the directions for that specific reason. I can't tell you their reasons, but I can tell you NO one would have received a kit as you have. We 100% warranty our products and service when a part is purchased from us or one of our vendors. We 100% stand behind our products and services.

Us selling what you have in your hands would be like a customer purchasing lower control arms and only receiving a rod end...not realizing he doesn't have a kit would be ridiculous. And then for them to expect to pay for lower control arms yet only receive a rod end would also be ridiculous. And to think the person would email us with no response and give up...only to sell what they have as they didn't need or want it anymore??

Unfortunately, the one that looks like they got taken advantage of was you when you purchased those parts off of the other person. I would be very angry towards this. Not me!! It looks like they took the main specialty parts of the kit and sold you what they didn't use...then told you it was essentially complete. It's the only assumption I can make at this point.

Please stop mentioning that the party you purchased the kit from received it as you show...We would never ignore that customer if they did. It would NEVER happen as you are suggesting. For you to believe the seller over us which we have no reason to profit it absurd. Everyone who has ever done business with us knows we bend over backwards to help our customers. If you purchased wheels from us which I believe, I would have thought you would already know that.

This whole post is so far off base at this point. I merely posted up in here to clarify that you didn't have one of our ABS delete kits for sale as you were thinking. All you had which was worth anything was a proportioning valve worth ~40.00 brand new.

What do you think the person that bought that off of you for even 75.00 would have said about you once they spoke with us and we told them what they actually purchased???

I'm done with this post and will not comment in here again. Good luck with the sale of your proportioning valve, not an ABS delete kit.

Feel free to leave your for sale post as is. I feel in the end, most reading this will see that I was trying to help you and the buyer, not hurt you nor a the buyer. I KNOW that any potential buyer would be happy I posted as based on your post, they would have thought they were receiving a deal for one of our kits listed as "new", which they were not.

Last edited by SJMMFGINC; 08-14-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply: FS - SJM ABS Delete kit - new