Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA's mandatory???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA's mandatory???

iv got the adjustable pan hard bar. im gonna drop my 99 T/A 1-1.5 inches. are the adjustable lower control arms gonna make a diference in the performance in the car other than not being able to change my pinion angle??
Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Adjustable lower control arms are not mandatory if you lower your car. You may however want to look in to LCA relocation brackets. They will allow you to adjust for the lowering. There are many sponsors on here that offer weld in and bolt in versions.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Launching!

why relocate? if i had adjustables would that not be enough for changing the pinion angle? wats the diference?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 WS-sick
why relocate? if i had adjustables would that not be enough for changing the pinion angle? wats the diference?
OK let me see if I can explain :
you need to reloc after lowering because this will cause the front of the rear lower control arms to be lower on the front ( point where they connect to the frame) than point where they connect to rear housing with reloc brackets you may lower the rear point, a good setting would be an angle about 3-5 deg higher on the front connecting point

adjustables rear control arm are NOT used to adjust pinion angle they are needed to center the wheels in the fender wells AND needed to adjust the rear thrust angle

an adjustable thork arm (TA) is needed to adlust the pinion angle

an adjustable pan hard bar (PHB) is needed to center ( side to side) the rear houseing under the frame

I think this is correct ( getting late ) hope this helps
Johnny
Old 08-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Teching In

The LCA brackets will correct the instant center of your rear and will eliminate most of your wheelhop. They are also considerably cheaper than adjustable lower control arms. This topic talks some about it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-brackets.html
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You guys are all correct, the lower control also adds positive anti-squat to the car which will help in straight line traction and performance. LCA's are not mandatory but they are definitely something that will help out with the performance so I would really think about installing a set while you are there. Like already stated a Panhard rod and lower control arm relocation brackets are almost a must if you want to have the lowered look and keep the straight traction and performance. And down the road you would want to look into doing an adjustable torque arm which will allow you to adjust the opinion angle which will be thrown off due to the car being lowered.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Launching!

cool cool pretiate it fella's