Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa In Car driving videos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Corsa In Car driving videos?

I am debating on what catback to put on my stock SS and have been leaning towards a Corsa. However, the only videos I have been able to find are idling/revving videos. I want to know how it sounds in the car. 6 speed videos would be perfect because my car is an M6. Full exhaust cars, heads/cam, or just stock with a catback, I would like to hear them all.

Last edited by 67SS&99SS; 08-14-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry dont have vids of mine but i like the corsa mine when it had stock manifolds wasent the sound i was looking for but nice none the less but when i put my long Tubes on with Ory it really woke it up loud as **** alot of people dont like the rasp. but as far as in car sound i personally dont think its that bad drone wise but to each their own either way good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine. I have lt's, ory, and a small cam. It's pretty loud but refined. Sorry I don't have any in-car vids but I'll try to dig an idle vid up.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info. anyone else have some in car videos?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed mine with LTs and ORY. I'll try to take some vids tonight and post up.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Captain Double Post

just some info and if you dont mind a loud exhaust ,i have the tsp duals on my car with sweetthunders, by far the best sounding exhaust you can get , yes its loud but ive had about 5 catbacks on my car ,and the duals stomp them in every way, and if your looking into corsa thats pretty loud,thats about the only one i have not had,if you were local i would take you for a ride and would put money as soon as you walked in the door you would call tsp, also i have great clearance with them, better than my tsp ory . just shooting some info your way man,duals you get alot of drone but rasp is not a issue,and the tone is just killer
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

BirdsSince16, you get a chance to get those videos?

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
just some info and if you dont mind a loud exhaust ,i have the tsp duals on my car with sweetthunders, by far the best sounding exhaust you can get , yes its loud but ive had about 5 catbacks on my car ,and the duals stomp them in every way, and if your looking into corsa thats pretty loud,thats about the only one i have not had,if you were local i would take you for a ride and would put money as soon as you walked in the door you would call tsp, also i have great clearance with them, better than my tsp ory . just shooting some info your way man,duals you get alot of drone but rasp is not a issue,and the tone is just killer
I absolutely love TSP duals with sweet thunders. One of my friends had a heads/cam trans am with a 3800 converter and had that exhaust on it. I've thought about it for this car, but its going to be a daily driver, and I don't want to smell the fumes or deal with the drone. I had dumped duals on my automatic car with 1 chambers for years before recently going to the GMMG. I love the sound of duals, nothing compares but I don't think it will be practical for me for a daily.

My friends old car...

Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm headed to a friend's tonight and will shoot some vids then. It will be cell phone video, but hopefully you can get the idea.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BirdsSince16
I'm headed to a friend's tonight and will shoot some vids then. It will be cell phone video, but hopefully you can get the idea.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my Corsa with LTs before & after Cam.

After cam (2nd video) was too loud for me. I replaced it with a Magnaflow. The Maggie sounds great...like the Corsa used to before the cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qrSe49AlmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGQb..._order&list=UL
Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The cruise speed video makes it sounds louder than it really is for some reason. It's not silent a cruise speed, but it's not as loud as it sounds in the video.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Captain Double Post

what i would do if its a dd is have a set of duals custom made, x pipe over the axle,with high flow cats and somekind of magnaflow bullets with cutouts, search under mr.luos trans am on you tube his set up was really tame and the sound was killer,sorry after the duals i cant go back to a y pipe lol, not only a custom set of duals is gonna cost around the same as the corsa, i like the corsa ,but best catback imo for these cars is the gmmg,
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got too good of a deal on the corsa to pass up, lol. If I had to choose between average Corsa price or duals, I'd have gone with duals easy. And I still may swap to duals in the future.
OP, if you like the Corsa, I might consider selling mine
Old 08-18-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BirdsSince16
I got too good of a deal on the corsa to pass up, lol. If I had to choose between average Corsa price or duals, I'd have gone with duals easy. And I still may swap to duals in the future.
OP, if you like the Corsa, I might consider selling mine

Yes, I would be interested in the exhaust. Thank you for taking the time to make the videos. I have a set of duals that were on my automatic car that we could work out a trade on if your interested, or I could buy it outright. I also had some pipes made for them that attached at the mufflers with three bolt flanges to run them out the back, so you could have dumped or out the back. I also had a set of cutouts put on them. They are not electric, but electric motors could be bolted on to them if you wanted to. They are 2.5" and have flowmaster 1 chamber mufflers.

here is a driveby video of my car with the exhaust.

http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=4955

here is a friend of mine's car with a cam with the same exhaust

Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
what i would do if its a dd is have a set of duals custom made, x pipe over the axle,with high flow cats and somekind of magnaflow bullets with cutouts, search under mr.luos trans am on you tube his set up was really tame and the sound was killer,sorry after the duals i cant go back to a y pipe lol, not only a custom set of duals is gonna cost around the same as the corsa, i like the corsa ,but best catback imo for these cars is the gmmg,
I do like the GMMG, but I've already got it on one car. I want something different on the other one. I will agree that it is good exhaust though.