Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Haha, GT500 SC is no match for an SS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haha, GT500 SC is no match for an SS...

Just thought Id share this, its making me love my car more and more each second I drive.

I was cruising down Hwy 7 which is the best area for car meets and races (not legal) if you are into that stuff.. So I have me and 3 friends in the car, and I look in my mirror (its 1 in the morning) and see the front end of a GT500coming up on me, now my SS has straight pipes (not by choice, waiting on a muffler shop to build some pipes for me) and with my cam and all, Im sure the guy thought "haha, silly camaro, Im a supercharged mustang and I win every time!"

So the light turns red infront of us, and I speed up to get around the person in the lane to my right, and we both pull up side by side. The light turns green, and I take off like a granny, as does he... I was slowly building the rpm in 1st, and noticed he hasnt shifted yet either, so with 600lbs of people, and 150lbs of parts in the back, I floored it, and he must have hit it at the exact same time, so I shifted to second, and by the time I hit 130kmh shifting into 3rd, I had him by a full car and a bit... I slowed right down (bad area to speed, it was stupid but I had too) and he looked over and gave me a thumbs up and drove away. Now this was a brand new 2012 GT500.

Another quick story, on the way home from buying my beautiful Camaro, I was cruising up the highway, and was having some second thoughts, I had just spent $15,000, Im 18 blah blah, and was getting worried, cold feet or whatever, and not a second after that thought finished, I **** you not, a SECOND after, a white 04 Cobra pulls up next to me, I ran him 3 times from 80kmh, and absolutely DE STROYEEED him, by 190kmh (when I let off) I had him by 2-3 cars. Oh man, so that thought never entered my head since, and Im loving the car.

FYI, I do oil changes every 3000kms, and wash this car literally every single day, even if its got a speck of dirt, I wash it. I take care of this thing, I try not to beat on her too much.

Yup, thats it...
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

12.5 @ 116mph

Thats not beating a stock 2012 Gt500 9 times out of 10. Id be happy i was that one time and still not take any new gt500 for granted.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 AM
12 Second Club

on street tires, on slicks a high 11 second car, gt500s run 11.5 or so with a good driver on slicks.. and i dont take them for granted, Im not by any means saying that theyre slow... im just saying their owners think theyre top ****, its nice to take them down a notch once in a while when you get the opportunity.

and im going to correct myself, it must have been a 2011, not 2012. Sorry..

Last edited by hendrixx; 08-18-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hendrixx
on street tires, on slicks a high 11 second car, gt500s run 11.5 or so with a good driver on slicks.. and i dont take them for granted, Im not by any means saying that theyre slow... im just saying their owners always think theyre top ****, its nice to take them down a notch once in a while when you get the opportunity.

Just for the sake of argumment, 2011-2012 no big difference.....and this guy did or said nothing to you to make you assume he was cocky(like EVERY gt500 owner). Instead you came off as the cocky one claiming to know what he was thinking and by saying in the title, GT500 SC is no match for an SS.

Cool story.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kills. It would take a properly setup up pullied cobra, possibly even ported blower, to beat you so no surprise there.

This your first fast car? If so, respect it... Or it will hurt you.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Just for the sake of argumment, 2011-2012 no big difference.....and this guy did or said nothing to you to make you assume he was cocky(like EVERY gt500 owner). Instead you came off as the cocky one claiming to know what he was thinking and by saying in the title, GT500 SC is no match for an SS.

Cool story.

I didnt mention he was giving me looks when we were at the light after tailing my *** from the second he turned on behind me, and the fact that he clearly wanted to run me at the lights... but look at it this way, I am 18, I am having fun with this car... and yes, the title of this thread is perhaps, a slight tad cocky... okay really cocky, but it was more in fun then me honestly saying a supercharged 550hp 11 sec mustang is no match for my car... drivers have a huge effect too, which played a part im sure, in his losing of the race.

And to the guy above me, Ive driven many fast cars, but theyre all something you guys would laugh at, Ive driven the new GT500s though (I work at Ford) but Ive driven 10 and 11 second neons, which is quite a blast with the torque steer... I had a 12 second neon that I just sold... I know how to drive this Camaro, Im just a little excited over it still, ahah. If only I had this when I was still in highschool....
Old 08-18-2011, 01:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

on street tires, on slicks a high 11 second car, gt500s run 11.5 or so with a good driver on slicks.. and i dont take them for granted, Im not by any means saying that theyre slow... im just saying their owners always think theyre top ****, its nice to take them down a notch once in a while when you get the opportunity.

On slicks they have went 11.1-11.4 with good drivers. I have beat one on the street in my car. From 30-100 I had about 1.5-2 cars on him. Either way with good air i am sure my car will go mid 11's with what I have ran so far and my trap speeds.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

and thats a new gt500 youre talking about? or you have an SS?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Captain Double Post

good kills, it takes a great setup to even think about a 11 gt500,i will say you are still young and becareful out there, just stay humble about things, there is always someone with a faster car lol, but good kills,

Last edited by BOBS99SS; 08-18-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: type o
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

thanks man, itsslow98 was quick to make me feel like an idiot which i understand, lol... but my camaro stories arent even half the stories that I have from the gsxr 750 haha..
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks man, itsslow98 was quick to make me feel like an idiot which i understand, lol... but my camaro stories arent even half the stories that I have from the gsxr 750 haha..
Its all good i wasnt trying to make you feel like an idiot. This is like your 5th post on the forum, just thought you needed a little humbling lol. Keep it safe out there.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Being on a bike and killing something is nothing.

Being in a car and beating a bike.... Now were in some good stories!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

haha, no worries guys... and lemons, that happened the other night! did 2 runs against a 600, quite funny... I was talking **** (in a friendly way) to this guy with a 2012 black edition GTR R35, I knew more about his car than he did, but he really did think he was top ****, so I said lets race in a nice non my dick is bigger than yours tone, and hes like what... THAT antique??!? and I was like haha, yeah, lets go highway run! and hes like okay ill come back over when we all head out the the runs.. (uhh i mean, organized legal track racing). So he comes over, and i guess he heard me start up the ole camaro, and he said, no joke, okay Ill run you from a dig for free, but Ill only do highway for $1000, and he knew I had no money cause I made a joke of it while making fun of him earlier... so, he is a ****** *****, his car does 0-60 in 2.8 damn seconds, like it would never happen Id lose, and he knew that. But he trapped 122mph at 11.0, and me 116mph, so I figured it would be a good hwy race, and i guess he started gettign worried lol.

so even his buddies were laughing saying he was pussing out against an 18 year old which they called just a kid with a camaro... so he came back a few mins later and said i have a race for you that you might actually have a chance, showed me a zx6r, and i said lol okay, and so we went, the 600 did NOT know how to race.... we raced fine from a dig, he beat me from my bouncing off the rev limiter in first spinning and then stayed even from 2nd gear on with a 4 car gap, so the bike said well do a 50 roll, 3 honk, with a starting line? so i said okay whatever... so were rolling at like 60, hes a car ahead of me, so im like **** it whatever, i honk, and on the second honk he took off... so i punch it and i stayed dead even till 200 with him (including the car and a half gap he put on me like an idiot)... i went back to the bottom of the street.. and no ****, the GTR guy took off and was no where to be found, and none of his buddys were talking ****... the two friends of mine on their bikes said everyone was 100% suprised when they heard my car (straight piped ls1), they all thought it was a joke (theyre used to turboed hondas and ****, no muscle down there, its the canadian jersey shore for christ sake). And no one talked **** to me the rest of the night... then the cops came and we all split... haha... next time ill bring the go pro or something so you all have something to watch! lol
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 AM
10 Second Club

and thats a new gt500 youre talking about? or you have an SS?
I have neither. I have a new 5.0.

Don't run the GT-R with your camaro. Going from your time and his and what them cars do stock. Throw a 150 shot on and you can take him. Those cars with a bad driver shift great and still will run lower-mid 11's. Its a car for retarded drivers to be fast in. Its that easy to drive form what I have seen.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-18-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

haha, no worries guys... and lemons, that happened the other night! did 2 runs against a 600, quite funny... I was talking **** (in a friendly way) to this guy with a 2012 black edition GTR R35, I knew more about his car than he did, but he really did think he was top ****, so I said lets race in a nice non my dick is bigger than yours tone, and hes like what... THAT antique??!? and I was like haha, yeah, lets go highway run! and hes like okay ill come back over when we all head out the the runs.. (uhh i mean, organized legal track racing). So he comes over, and i guess he heard me start up the ole camaro, and he said, no joke, okay Ill run you from a dig for free, but Ill only do highway for $1000, and he knew I had no money cause I made a joke of it while making fun of him earlier... so, he is a ****** *****, his car does 0-60 in 2.8 damn seconds, like it would never happen Id lose, and he knew that. But he trapped 122mph at 11.0, and me 116mph, so I figured it would be a good hwy race, and i guess he started gettign worried lol.

so even his buddies were laughing saying he was pussing out against an 18 year old which they called just a kid with a camaro... so he came back a few mins later and said i have a race for you that you might actually have a chance, showed me a zx6r, and i said lol okay, and so we went, the 600 did NOT know how to race.... we raced fine from a dig, he beat me from my bouncing off the rev limiter in first spinning and then stayed even from 2nd gear on with a 4 car gap, so the bike said well do a 50 roll, 3 honk, with a starting line? so i said okay whatever... so were rolling at like 60, hes a car ahead of me, so im like **** it whatever, i honk, and on the second honk he took off... so i punch it and i stayed dead even till 200 with him (including the car and a half gap he put on me like an idiot)... i went back to the bottom of the street.. and no ****, the GTR guy took off and was no where to be found, and none of his buddys were talking ****... the two friends of mine on their bikes said everyone was 100% suprised when they heard my car (straight piped ls1), they all thought it was a joke (theyre used to turboed hondas and ****, no muscle down there, its the canadian jersey shore for christ sake). And no one talked **** to me the rest of the night... then the cops came and we all split... haha... next time ill bring the go pro or something so you all have something to watch! lol
i mean i gave you the benfit of the doubt earlier and then you go and say that?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:03 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds like this is ur first LSX vehicle. Everybody starts somwhere. Id take the advice from the fellas above me. Keep in mind as powerful as ur car is, its a machine and it can and WILL get u killed by foolishness. Out of curiosity, are you REALLY aware of the parts in your car?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Launching!

Lol op must have meant 200km? Hes canadian ...
Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
Lol op must have meant 200km? Hes canadian ...
From the first post all of his speeds were in KPH not MPH. Nice runs and OP be aware there is always someone faster.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Packy
From the first post all of his speeds were in KPH not MPH. Nice runs and OP be aware there is always someone faster.
NO WAY! He has a cammed LS1. Nothing is ever faster.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't rag on him too bad. We all start somewhere and it's not like he's regurgitating digital vomit on his keyboard like a mystic z28. Have fun and be safe.