Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats Your Take On Eibach Pro Kit Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats Your Take On Eibach Pro Kit Springs?

Like the title says. I came across a local ad sale. Guy has a set of Eibach pro kit springs. only have 10k miles on em. Whats your take on this? Any of you running them? How to feel, handling wise? I could definitely use a drop. ** Pics Welcome**
Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

They make your car look awesome, youll fall in love with how low it will sit, BUT they ride like absolute ****. The road reflectors and small bumps you never noticed before in the road will feel like a mountain.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lethal bird
They make your car look awesome, youll fall in love with how low it will sit, BUT they ride like absolute ****. The road reflectors and small bumps you never noticed before in the road will feel like a mountain.
Damn. =/ Bummer. I wanna give it a nice looking stance. something like this.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/15263179-post16.html
car looks incredible.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are at a killer deal, get them. I got mine for 70 bucks and was more than happy with the look. Ride is okay compared to my old worn out stock ones. The worst part is that they are lower than they should be.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F-BodyMind
If they are at a killer deal, get them. I got mine for 70 bucks and was more than happy with the look. Ride is okay compared to my old worn out stock ones. The worst part is that they are lower than they should be.
See that's the exact same problem with mine. I'm a little picky on ride quality though, i CANT stand a bouncy ride.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

so it bounces hard?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these guys have pretty much nailed it, if its a great deal you will like them for awhile ,well you will like the look anyway,ride not so much ,but also roads in ohio are really bad compared to la.the best springs imo are stranos,or bmr, they will both give you a good look ,and keep close to a stock ride
Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

I bought my 97 with Eibach sportlines and absolutely hated them, way too low and too stiff. My 01 had the Eibach Pro Kit when I bought it, just my luck. It wasn't as bad as the Sportlines, but they were still a rough ride. I am now convinced all Eibachs suck completely, unless you're into the gangster slammed look and riding like ***. On both cars I pulled the Eibachs off and put on Hotchkis springs and love them. They are a slight drop with a nice sporty ride. I've been in a bunch of fbodies with different kinds of suspensions, and the Hotchkis definitely appeal to me more than most setups. One more spring to consider.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
so it bounces hard?

I would think a soft drag shock would be bouncey.
I think its that they have a very high spring rate and no give so it rides really hard. Somebody correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

See that's the exact same problem with mine. I'm a little picky on ride quality though, i CANT stand a bouncy ride.
Bouncy means you need more shock rebound, not a fault of the spring.

Originally Posted by drone
I would think a soft drag shock would be bouncey.
Youd be right because drag shocks, "soft" or "stiff", still lack rebound dampening (speed of extension) which will make the car bouncy (among other things).
I think its that they have a very high spring rate and no give so it rides really hard. Somebody correct me if im wrong.
It will be both with stock shocks. The stock shocks won't control the speed of the spring expanding, and the car will bounce until it settles. And it also wont control how quickly it compresses so you will be slamming into your bumpstops.
This is why you see so many people pushing for good shocks on our cars, the stock ones are horrible and can barley control the stock springs, and cheap autozone ones are no better.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Damn. =/ Bummer. I wanna give it a nice looking stance. something like this.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/15263179-post16.html
car looks incredible.
For you, look into koni SA shocks with ground control sleeves so you can adjust the height to where you want it. I think they also make a spring perch for the rear axle so you can adjust that as well (if they don't I know someone does).
That way you get great dampening so you wont be bouncing, adjustable rebound, and adjustable height. You can also look into the "upper mount mod", there is a write up on what it does and how to do it here.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Teching In

I had Eibach sportlines and hated them, switched to Hotchkis and worked much better for me.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

The drop is awesome and I actually like the springs. No complaints from me and I owned em for 2+ yrs.

I'm switching rears tho since I have a issue on my psgr rear height and springs in rear haven't sagged yet.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Prokit on my car...only bad thing i can say is the rear springs started to sag a bit. But over all im pleased with them, the stance is looks killer. If your getting them for a good price id go for it.

Last edited by 3rdgen92maro; 08-20-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

I bought mine used for like $100.For the $ I can't complain.But next time will go with Strano's
Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Eibach springs ride like bricks. I had them on my 95 Bird. But, don't take it from me. This forum is full of Eibach bad ride quality comments. Try Stano springs. Sam has it right. Great handling and a good ride quality.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you guys for your feedback. Now my last question is, what type of springs are identical to the eibach pro kit in the look/stance wise?

Last edited by Mr.z/28; 08-21-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

You'd Prob be better off cutting the stock springs.If your gonna do it.Do it right and get Strano's
Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you want to have that ride height and want to spec out a better spring rate your only real option is a ground control coil over kit. I'd suggest it with Koni's. Spring rates... not sure for that height but I would guess around 580 to 600 up front and probably 160ish in the rear. That is a pure stab in the dark for spring rates though.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that's a bit extreme.....

I put the ProKit springs on my '96 Z-28 when the car was a few months old. My only mistake was teaming them with the OE shocks. The car was brand new, so I mistakenly thought that the shocks would work OK for a while. I was wrong, as the car road like a buckboard.

I tolerated the bad ride for a few years, then installed a set of SLP Bilstein shocks, and the car rode MUCH better. I ran like that until 2009. Currently, I have the Koni/Strano set up in the car. The Stranos set the car up about 1/4" over the Eibachs, which adds suspension travel, which adds ride comfort. The Konis are a well controlled shock, so the car rides well and handles well, but in all honesty, I miss the "stance" of the Eibachs...

Quick Reply: Whats Your Take On Eibach Pro Kit Springs?