Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth it to get the fuel injectors cleaned?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it to get the fuel injectors cleaned?

I have an engine that recently was started after sitting for a couple of years. The gas in the car is ,also, a couple of years old. When I started the engine it has a miss. I have not checked to see if it is the coil, yet.

If it is the fuel injector sticking, is it worth it to send all of them out to have them cleaned and flow tested? A business was recommended that would do them for $20 each.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure Chuck Leeper does them cheaper. First thing though, jumper the fuel pump, dump that old gas, and change the fuel filter!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$20 each, you've got to be kidding! One of this forum's members in Cumming, Ga will do a whole set for $89 including new o-rings, etc. Read this thread to find out more info. I talked to them a few months ago about cleaning the injectors in my F-150 truck, they were going to charge the same price.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

$20 each, no. $90 might be worth it after you've ruled out all the free/ cheaper alternative sources of the problem (whatever they might be).
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Thanks, for the feedback. I thought it sounded expensive.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel Injector Connection did mine for $89. The service was off the charts. I called them on a Saturday afternoon with a couple installation questions and they picked up and answered my questions. The guy even gave me his cell phone number in case I had any more questions because he was leaving the shop for the day.

Since the injectors have been sitting for a couple years, I would probably get them cleaned. If you're on a budget and you wouldn't be too worried about running a cylinder or two a little lean, then you might be able to skimp out or do a self-cleaning with seafoam, etc. If you're doing any type of forced induction, definitely get them cleaned.

Originally Posted by Mike52
One of this forum's members in Cumming, Ga will do a whole set for $89 including new o-rings, etc. Read this thread to find out more info.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Fuel Injector Connection did mine as well. Great communication, turn-around time, and price. Highly recommended!

Originally Posted by FastKat
Fuel Injector Connection did mine for $89. The service was off the charts. I called them on a Saturday afternoon with a couple installation questions and they picked up and answered my questions. The guy even gave me his cell phone number in case I had any more questions because he was leaving the shop for the day.

Since the injectors have been sitting for a couple years, I would probably get them cleaned. If you're on a budget and you wouldn't be too worried about running a cylinder or two a little lean, then you might be able to skimp out or do a self-cleaning with seafoam, etc. If you're doing any type of forced induction, definitely get them cleaned.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Thanks, for the links. I will send them out to get cleaned soon. The miss turned out to be the coil pack that was damaged in the wreck the motor came from.

Last edited by arthropraxis; 08-27-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: Is it worth it to get the fuel injectors cleaned?