Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another jerk in a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Another jerk in a Mustang

First of all let me say this wasn't really a race because this guy was just an idiot - details will follow. Ok so I'm on my way home from work and and I was about 5 miles from my house. I'm at a red light the first car in the left lane which is for left turn or straight. The right lane is for right turn only. A dark blue 05-09 Mustang GT comes up along side me and stops rather than turning, so he decides to block the other lane and sit there apparently waiting to go straight too which after the intersection obviously is 1 lane. I was already planning on making sure he wasn't going to get in front of me for being a jerk but to make matters worse he starts revving his engine at me...hard. It was loud enough to know it had a catback on it at least. He just keeps revving his car so at that point I was so tired of it I stood on the brake and brought my car to ~1500rpm (stock stall lol) the light turned green a second or so later and I just took off on him. Pretty sure once I launched he gave up, good thing b/c he would've run into a telephone pole 50 feet later. I could see him in my rear view for a while before he turned into a driveway. I'd love to see this guy again where there is room to actually see if he can back up the noise and being an ***.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice job!

I was going to text you Saturday-went to Eldersburg car show but didn't have your number with me....
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah damn yeah I had gotten off work at 9 o'clock at Martin's right next door to the car show!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Niether a street race or kill. Bummer
Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a Tool
Old 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Too bad u didn't get to whoop on him down the road:/
Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Teching In

OP...don't let douchebags get you all bent out of shape.....just got to let it go. If you are going to into a throttle matchup on the streets, you should go into it with a clear head and NOT all pissed off. Racing when your pissed off just makes you do foolish and stupid things.
Go out and find him again and then give him the beat down...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Definately sounds like an idiot. I'm not sure why or what it is but I've noticed 05-09 GT owners think their cars are fast with bolt ons.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I might take that way home more often to see if he wants to meet up and play. There is a straight road I know past my mom's work that no one every really uses, I've raced there before, maybe talk him into going there.

At first I didn't think it was even a GT until I was in front of him and saw the front end lol
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Captain Double Post

stopsign i agree, between 05 -09 gt owners ,and the 350z guys. i was getting gas yesterday and a 05ish stang pulled in going to town on the revs, i was inside paying. i came out, walked to my car and he revs a few more times, i asked him if he wanted to jump on the highway and get a few runs in,he said sure ,i get in my car start it up and he yells( hey man maybe next time i got to run im all ready late) lol.i guess the ms4,and true duals made him think twice but i thought what a d bag.lol i just thought that was funny as hell
Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Captain Double Post

yeah op never race in traffic ,and never race upset or mad.sometimes you just have to let jerks be jerks lol
Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

I hate when ppl rev and stare at you when you are clearly not interested after the 1st couple revs. Just cuz I drive a car that is supposed to go fast doesn't mean i always want to lol.

Also, NICE mind *** BOBS99SS !!! LOL - i bet he pooped his pants when you turned on ur car lol
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I hate when ppl rev and stare at you when you are clearly not interested after the 1st couple revs. Just cuz I drive a car that is supposed to go fast doesn't mean i always want to lol.
Exactly. I was just cruising home with the T-tops off enjoying a nice Summer afternoon/evening, not looking for trouble. I mean I'll play if its practical to do so but I don't go around like a jackass trying to start stuff like this guy
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

he probably wasted more gas too XD, i had some guys on bikes revving the hell outta their bikes beside me.

I had my windows down and no music playing, when the light changed i just took off from idle and stayed beside the guys(we stopped at 60)

i dunno what kinda bikes they were on but if they were good bikes they would have dusted my *** so they must have just been cheap hondas or something.

i couldnt read the bikes cuz it was dark.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would never race a bike. I like them too much and they're a lot less protected should something happen. I might wave them on, encouraging them to pass me though, I love how fast they are haha. And Honda's are my favorite because of the undertail exhaust. I'm a sucker for symmetry.

I hope he wasted more gas lol but who knows with the 5.7 I have. at idle gear ratio doesn't count
Old 08-24-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wtf is wrong with people?

there's something about mustangs and mindless reving..

if I were feeling extremely sarcastic, I might have asked him if he's having engine problems or something that he can't make the turn.. perhaps offered him a lift to the auto parts store.. or offered to call him a tow truck if he can't get his ford to move.

more than likely if it were me tho..I would have ignored him, looked straight ahead, and took off casually.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

he probably wasted more gas too XD, i had some guys on bikes revving the hell outta their bikes beside me.

I had my windows down and no music playing, when the light changed i just took off from idle and stayed beside the guys(we stopped at 60)

i dunno what kinda bikes they were on but if they were good bikes they would have dusted my *** so they must have just been cheap hondas or something.

i couldnt read the bikes cuz it was dark.
I have to say bikers are the biggest dumbasses out there. It's always the guys with the 600s that rev the hell out of their bikes at redlights....maybe it's the Napolean complex? I was at a redlight once and a guy did a burn out right beside of me...for no damn reason other than being (in my Red Forman voice) a dumbass. I promise if I was on my 14 he wouldnt have done that ****. Still pisses me off. LoL
Old 08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Really don't know why people rev their ****, pointless and stupid especially if they get whooped.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Teching In

i get piped all the time in my mustang. But what the chevy guys dont know is there is chevy power under the hood. Must be a mustang thing to pipe each other.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brees69
i get piped all the time in my mustang. But what the chevy guys dont know is there is chevy power under the hood. Must be a mustang thing to pipe each other.
Yea..owning a Mustang we do get the chicks and lay a lot of pipe...

jk......