Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

eibach sportlines to stock springs question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach sportlines to stock springs question

hey guys i have an 02 camaro SS, stock suspension besides the eibach sportlines..now when i first but the eibach springs on i thought it was gonna help my launch and stuff, but now that i did a lil research it seems they hurt my launch a bit? and there pretty much good for nothing.. is that true? i am raising my car back up with stock springs because of where i am based at. but i wanted to know will my launch and car run better with the stock springs?or the sportlines?
also my suspension is 90% stock besides the springs...thanks guys...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Bump c'mon guys... Just curious would like to know :/
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you say the Sportline springs hurt your launch, I would assume that you're drag racing the car. Yes, the sportlines WILL hurt your launch, as they were designed to lower your car, nothing more. In order to help "launch" the car, you'd need the Eibach "DragPack" springs, and drag race appropriate front shocks. In fact, check out the most current edition of GM HighTech Performance magazine (I just got it in the mail 2-3 days ago). They show how they did a drag suspension install in one of their project cars.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

most people keep their normal springs for drag racing.. the car essentially needs to "squat" and transfer weight to the rear tires for grip..

when a car is lowered it won't transfer that weight the same..

also many "serious" people remove the front sway bar for the track... 1 it removes some additional weight off the car, and 2 it lets the front rise higher and transfer weight even more because the front suspension can un load more..

but eibachs looks really good for a lowered car.. ie
Old 09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys ...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Man that trans am is so sexy
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Despite this being a suspension question, the drag racing section will be able to answer this a lot better as this section tends to attract mostly the handling crowd for like autox and road racing. I've heard people say the stock springs work well for drag racing, but from what I've read it seems more complicated than that if you want to get a really good setup.

All in all though I think sportlines are not helping.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah the eibach sportlines are great for stance and for autox IMO, dont have a clue for drag racing, but i do know if thats what your doing with your car, then eibach makes some spring just for that.

Last edited by Drokkers; 10-22-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drokkers
yeah the eibach sportlines are great for stance and for autox IMO, dont have a clue for drag racing, but i do know if thats what your doing with your car, then eibach makes some spring just for that.
What makes you think the sportlines are good for autox?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Resident

Well I changed the springs out.. Man my car seems low still :/? I put WS6 springs on that I bought from a member on here .. But I took off a couple of times and it seemed to hook better and take off better less of a fishtail too (better traction) .. I love the smoother ride as well those sportlines really had a bumpy ride :/ now I need some LCAs and relocation brackets and I will be fine I plan on selling the car and dont wanna invest to much in suspension parts ..
Old 10-22-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What makes you think the sportlines are good for autox?
sorry wrong springs, im a moron ... the pro kit isnt bad for auto x, stranos is better, wait whats wrong with sportline springs to you? not to highjack, im sorta new.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drokkers
sorry wrong springs, im a moron ... the pro kit isnt bad for auto x, stranos is better, wait whats wrong with sportline springs to you? not to highjack, im sorta new.
They drop the car to where you are sitting on the bump stops, and have too soft of a rate to compensate for the drop. Worst of both worlds.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Camaroboy, are you all back to stock now? Do you know your 60 ft times?

ramey
Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
They drop the car to where you are sitting on the bump stops, and have too soft of a rate to compensate for the drop. Worst of both worlds.
oh well that makes sense. pro kit with bilsteins is nice though
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Well I changed the springs out.. Man my car seems low still :/? I put WS6 springs on that I bought from a member on here .. But I took off a couple of times and it seemed to hook better and take off better less of a fishtail too (better traction) .. I love the smoother ride as well those sportlines really had a bumpy ride :/ now I need some LCAs and relocation brackets and I will be fine I plan on selling the car and dont wanna invest to much in suspension parts ..
I really don't think that WS6 springs are any better than any other stock springs.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

At metal muscle I know ws6 are the same as any other stock springs and no 60ft time yet .. But on a roll and from a dig the car feels smother on the hit/take off .. And from a dig it feels like there is less wheel hop and less spinning..next year at German race wars I will let you know if it rounds better .. cars almost tucked away for winter
Old 12-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
most people keep their normal springs for drag racing.. The car essentially needs to "squat" and transfer weight to the rear tires for grip..

When a car is lowered it won't transfer that weight the same..

Also many "serious" people remove the front sway bar for the track... 1 it removes some additional weight off the car, and 2 it lets the front rise higher and transfer weight even more because the front suspension can un load more..

But eibachs looks really good for a lowered car.. Ie

i have those same stock wheels how come ur dish in the back more deep

Quick Reply: eibach sportlines to stock springs question