New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New and have a question about UTI/BMW STEP...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and have a question about UTI/BMW STEP...

Hi fellas, I'm new to the forum and I have a question about UTI. I'm about to enroll (got an interview coming up soon) and want to go into the BMW STEP program. Now I'm currently a senior at a university about to graduate w/ a BS in physics and minor in mathematics. I was wondering if that helps or matters any in getting accepted into the BMW STEP program since I've heard it's quite difficult. Also is there anyone here who has gone through the BMW STEP from UTI and can tell me what I can expect and how difficult it is? I don't know anything about cars(the specifics, I know more than the average joe) so don't really know how difficult the material is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Default Uti

first of all congrats on your degree, im a uti grad and i went through the ford fact becuase there are so many ford dealers compared to the european dealers, yes i said ford but i drive a ls1!, bmw is not to hard just get good grades going though uti and a great attendance, uti is an awesome school you learn so much and the hotrod program is the best, gonig to school and dynoing cars all day, what beats that!!! send me a message if you have any questions or advice about the school, good luck!!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Sweet, I'll just try my best and hope for the best.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how would you compare uti to say.. lincoln tech
Old 03-09-2004, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

ive talked to a few guys that went to lincoln tech and they both told me that they are now dumber and should have gone to uti
Old 03-10-2004, 05:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was wanting to go to UTI, but how much does it cost to take the Automotive Tech course?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

check out uticorp.com and get the number for the closest campus
Old 03-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Teching In

I think it's around $24k or something like that. Those who already went to or is in UTI right now, what did you wear to the interview? I got one coming up this Tuesday and I don't want to be dressed wrong. Do I just wear something casual but a bit nicer, or a full on dress shirt and tie?
Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know much about the school yet but I just got a call a few hours ago and my interview is Wednesday. He is going to come to my school to speak to my class, then we are going to finish filling out the paperwork so I will officially be enrolled. I'm going to be going to Houston next fall. I plan on taking the automotive technology course and trying my best to get accepted by one of the BMW or Mercedes delerships. From what I was told after you finish the general course you send an application to the dealerships and if they accept you, you have to sign a contract saying you will work for them for x amount of time and they pay for their part of the training.

I'm 18 and a Senior in high school. Most of what I know about automotives came from this sight and others like it. I just completed my first motor swap last week.

Last edited by Black01M6SS; 03-11-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

if your just looking into getting into the BMW step program, you can save some money by going to a different school
we have a tech school down here that has BMW, and Toyota, and its at least 3 times cheaper than UTI
so you might have some cheaper options near you
Old 03-11-2004, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

I'm going to Sequoia Institute here in California and we have the BMW Step program on Campus...but you can only miss 3 days out of the 14 months and have a 4.0 grade average... It's hard but if you want it, you can have it....I'm starting school this monday and it last for 19 months...

Quick Reply: New and have a question about UTI/BMW STEP...