Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

removing e-brake??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removing e-brake??

who has does this? i have removed my e-brakes cause i got new drag brakes for my car but i was wondering if anyone has done this. ive looked though a lot of pictures and i always see people have the e-brakes still in place. im guessing thats cause they have the stock brakes. i guess this would be more of a question for people with aftermarket brakes in the rear.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 AM
11 Second Club

i took mine off 2 years ago..they never stayed tight, always made noise.

anyhow, just take the hardware out of inside the rotor, remove the cables and the 2 10mm bolts for the handle.

However, if you remove the handle, be sure to ground the wire on the brake handle, that way you can get rid of the pesky drl feature and turn your lights on and off at will

this will set the Brake light on the dash off, but thats what electrical tape is for
Old 10-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

I wouldn't do it unless my car was an outright dedicated race application. I don't know about FL but you can't even pass state inspection without a working E-Brake here in NC.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

If you can pass inspection then go for it, cut some weight and get rid of any possible noises they are or will be causing in the future. E brake on RWD is pointless anyway unless you are manual trans, and even then who actually uses their e brake to park lol.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
If you can pass inspection then go for it, cut some weight and get rid of any possible noises they are or will be causing in the future. E brake on RWD is pointless anyway unless you are manual trans, and even then who actually uses their e brake to park lol.
I always use mine .
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

decided to keep them and just return the rear brake setup had too many problems with fittment issues.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

I removed mine last weekend, so far the only problem is letting it run without it rolling(stick car). I removed it due to the tourque arm hitting the bracket in the tunnel, eventually the tunnel is gonna get redone to go lower with taller tires. It is a problem with a stick car to remove it, but an auto i wouldnt hesitate.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by i6overboard
I removed mine last weekend, so far the only problem is letting it run without it rolling(stick car). I removed it due to the tourque arm hitting the bracket in the tunnel, eventually the tunnel is gonna get redone to go lower with taller tires. It is a problem with a stick car to remove it, but an auto i wouldnt hesitate.
ive got a line lock and a full spool in the rear, if i ever have to jump out let it sit, i can either lock the front brakes or crank the wheels and itll stay

Quick Reply: removing e-brake??