General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Had to sell my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to sell my baby!

So ive been puting it off and puting it off but i got a good deal and i had to let my car go! The reason i had to let her go is i joined the army and i didnt have any place to keep her and i was still making payments which would have been to expensive while i was gone. Ill miss her, ive wanted a ws6 ever since i was 13 im 23 now i got it when i was 21. I had some big plans too lol. But im starting another path hopfuly in a year or so i can get another v8 not sure if it will be a 4th gen f body but who knows. Just wanted to share that. Thanks for reading.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear man, I know it sucks but hell think about it in a year or two you could be in a z06 or in another badass ws6
Old 09-26-2011, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude, I'm in the army. Wish you wouldn't have done that, I've got many places you can keep her.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

The whole selling cars thing just doesn't work for me any more; there are several I wish I had back. So these days I just keep adding to the collection.

Having said that, it makes sense to sell if things have changed in your life and you can't afford the payments any longer. This is why I don't do car payments any more, I just wait until I can pay cash. That way the cost of basic ownership is limited to insurance and plates, and insurance doesn't cost much at my age.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rpm i agree with you, not only that but the market sucks for sales, i was looking on tech the other day at cars for sale, and wow there are alot of killer deals out there.sucks for a seller ,great for a buyer. op if you want my opinion get a 03 cobra with a kb blower ,or a c5 zo6 next go around, sucks you sold your car, i sold many i would take back in a second, just not worth selling these days and taking such a huge loss ,
Old 09-26-2011, 04:24 AM
12 Second Club

yeah not into selling any of my stuff, I traded in my 07 Cobalt for a HHR. not the best move I ever made. The balt was a cool little car and it was paid for.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats a nice car too.

youll get another one someday.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i def hated selling it i got decent money for it hopfuly next go around i can just pay cash for my next car. Man the different ideas i got for my next car lol everything from a 03/04 cobra c5 to a 79 t/a! Hey NVUSZ28 were you stationed at? it was both i couldnt find a good place to keep it and the payments on it.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i sold mine some time ago and i have regretted it every damn day since then...i have trouble sleeping because i think about it all the time, every time somebody drives by and is camming or has a 3" exhaust i bout break my neck to see what it is..then i remind myself i USED to be that guy and that MABY one day it will happen again...after my four kids get the hell out of my house and hopefully my arthritis isnt too bad so that i can turn my own wrenches...it has gotten so bad i have tact boxes full of hotwheels in the blister packs, all F bodys..i have diecast of ram air collector editions, a SOM SS vert, white and blue TA a blue and white flip color TA..numerous car things all that are put away in my tool shed along with the rest of the holiday stuff...as there is room in my house for DAd and SGT Knight, but not Gregg the car guy....i am constantly on Youtube and craigslist and patrolling the FS Forums even though i dont have the cash to afford to do anything other than * right click save as* which is the car guy i have become... yup... * right click save as* is all i have left...I even have a photobucket account just for car pics, I have more pics of F bodys than i do of my own wife and kids...I have watched 2 of my children be born and that doesnt come close to the sound of a cammed LS w/ 3" exhaust and LT's..
When i got off my 2nd Deployment from iraq my first son was born and my ex-wife was standing there with him and i bypassed them both to get my bags, then got to my car and started her...then i broke down and cried as i sat in her..so yeah i think i understand more than you know...
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
i sold mine some time ago and i have regretted it every damn day since then...i have trouble sleeping because i think about it all the time, every time somebody drives by and is camming or has a 3" exhaust i bout break my neck to see what it is..then i remind myself i USED to be that guy and that MABY one day it will happen again...after my four kids get the hell out of my house and hopefully my arthritis isnt too bad so that i can turn my own wrenches...it has gotten so bad i have tact boxes full of hotwheels in the blister packs, all F bodys..i have diecast of ram air collector editions, a SOM SS vert, white and blue TA a blue and white flip color TA..numerous car things all that are put away in my tool shed along with the rest of the holiday stuff...as there is room in my house for DAd and SGT Knight, but not Gregg the car guy....i am constantly on Youtube and craigslist and patrolling the FS Forums even though i dont have the cash to afford to do anything other than * right click save as* which is the car guy i have become... yup... * right click save as* is all i have left...I even have a photobucket account just for car pics, I have more pics of F bodys than i do of my own wife and kids...I have watched 2 of my children be born and that doesnt come close to the sound of a cammed LS w/ 3" exhaust and LT's..
When i got off my 2nd Deployment from iraq my first son was born and my ex-wife was standing there with him and i bypassed them both to get my bags, then got to my car and started her...then i broke down and cried as i sat in her..so yeah i think i understand more than you know...
Sorry man, but seriously, priorities.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i had a few friends get away from performance cars.

life changes.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got in trouble 7 years ago and had to sell camaro. Bought another one three years ago and had to sell it for a work vehicle i couldn't do without. Took a loss money wise on camaro. 9 months later I recouped and bought the one in sig. All that time thinking and planning for next camaro. Good thing is prices get lower. A girl bought my car 7 years ago and she put another 5 or 6 thousand into it. She still has it and we keep in touch. Even though I'm in New York and she's in Nebraska.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sheesh, they are just cars at the end of the day man. I love the hell out of mines, but damn, you have taken it to another level with this post.

OP, that really sucks man. I've wanted an F-Body since I was 9 years old when my Dad brought home his new Black WS6 back in '02. 18 now and ended up with my second favorite F-Body, which is the 98-02 Camaro SS. I don't think I can ever imagine myself in a position where I need to part with my car.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can relate to Black Formula ls1. These cars provide movement, sound, attention from others, comfort, reliability, speed, ttops. If I ever have 50 million dollars I would own 6 fbodies, one corvette and one tahoe. Alot of us are on the same level as Black Formula--LS1
Old 09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

50 million? my camaro would be faster than a F***in spaceship!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by johnp94
I can relate to Black Formula ls1. These cars provide movement, sound, attention from others, comfort, reliability, speed, ttops. If I ever have 50 million dollars I would own 6 fbodies, one corvette and one tahoe. Alot of us are on the same level as Black Formula--LS1
Believe me, I understand. However, my overall point was that it's a materialistic thing that can easily be replaced. Crying over it and comparing it to other things like kids, significant others, etc., etc., is a bit strange.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm never getting rid of mine, bought it brand new back in the day.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I understand this level of love for cars. This is why I never had kids. If you're going to have a family, you have to want it more than anything, otherwise you'll find yourself longing for the things you had to give up, your case in point.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That post was a little crazy but the man loves his car i understand that i mean whenever i was mad or upset or even just bored i loved just geting in my car and cruising nothing like geting on the highway and leting it rip. But it is just a car and while i love f bodys! they arnt very rare so there is plenty of them out there. I still cant wait to get another muscle car though whatever it may be! I do get a little sad/jealious when ever i hear a nice v8
Old 09-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One day I'm waiting for the car I'm gonna keep forever. Sure I love my car now but if the price was right it'd be gone in a heartbeat lol. Dream car that'd I keep forever = 02 35th anniversary SS