Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still having DBW problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still having DBW problems

I am still having trouble with my drive by wire set up. I have an 06 Escalade. It is now showing code: U0107 Lost communication w/ throttle actuator control module. If you look at my build thread or other posts you will notice this has been quite a thorn in my side. Getting the right combo of computer, TAC, Pedal, and throttle body. It has caused injectors to not pulse, non-start, a bricked PCM, and no pedal response.
I want to start over with a different set up. I want a new PCM, pedal, TAC (If necessary), & TB (if necessary)
What PCM's can use with the 2006 LQ9?
Can I keep the same throttle body?
Can I go with a newer set without the TAC?
Who sells a complete set up: PCM, pedal, TAC?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not what you're asking, but every U0107 error I've dealt with has been a grounding problem...
Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Not what you're asking, but every U0107 error I've dealt with has been a grounding problem...
Any help is appreciated. I'll check the grounds this weekend.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont loose faith in the your set up yet, i almost did. Mine was throwing different codes and it ended up being my TAC Module. And im good now.

Like He said, Check and double check grounds, maybe try to locate a donor vehicle to test parts. Im not certain but i think the escalades have a different pedal assy because of the motorized pedal assy.

But i have an 05 truck harness and computer and my 03 escalade Tac worked on my setup for testing purposes.

I went through the same issues, researching everything. Like Grounds, i removed all my grounds cleaned them again and reconnected them. You Should have grounds, Front of driver side head by Power steering pump, rear of Pass side head, right next to the oil sending unit.

also check your yellow wire at your TB, that is known to be faulty. It might be brittle within 1 foot of the TB.

have you disconnected each of the three pieces to see if a new problem comes up or if it stays the same?

Sorry if i drag on and on, i almost did what you are suggesting and buy all new. But you can figure this out. I was lucky and my escalade had all the parts to do the testing, You have got to know someone with an 03 to 06 Chevy/GMC truck / tahoe/ yukon/ escalade/ suburban/ avalanche. that you could borrow a piece or two to test.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i just went through and read your thread again, WHat pedal did you end up with? Ive got an 03-06 truck assy from the dealership. it bolted up to holes already in my firewall.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
I agree I had the same problem on my old LS2 RX-7..... I recommend grounding your engine on both sides of the frame rails with 2-4 gauge wire.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 74novacustom
Dont loose faith in the your set up yet, i almost did. Mine was throwing different codes and it ended up being my TAC Module. And im good now.

Like He said, Check and double check grounds, maybe try to locate a donor vehicle to test parts. Im not certain but i think the escalades have a different pedal assy because of the motorized pedal assy.

But i have an 05 truck harness and computer and my 03 escalade Tac worked on my setup for testing purposes.

I went through the same issues, researching everything. Like Grounds, i removed all my grounds cleaned them again and reconnected them. You Should have grounds, Front of driver side head by Power steering pump, rear of Pass side head, right next to the oil sending unit.

also check your yellow wire at your TB, that is known to be faulty. It might be brittle within 1 foot of the TB.

have you disconnected each of the three pieces to see if a new problem comes up or if it stays the same?

Sorry if i drag on and on, i almost did what you are suggesting and buy all new. But you can figure this out. I was lucky and my escalade had all the parts to do the testing, You have got to know someone with an 03 to 06 Chevy/GMC truck / tahoe/ yukon/ escalade/ suburban/ avalanche. that you could borrow a piece or two to test.
I called John @ Speartech. I will be sending him my pedal, TAC, & PCM. He is going to check different combinations to see what works.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Default any progress?

Hey Crosstraining,

Just wanted to see if you have made any progress with your DBW issues. I am working through similar issues on my 2003 5.3 Grand Waggy swap. I do have a complete running 2003 Yukon daily driver and have tried swapping parts back and forth and still am scratching my head... and internet searching!

Going to dedicate this whole weekend to grounds!

Hope you've figured yours out and are on the road!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaronsjeep
Hey Crosstraining,

Just wanted to see if you have made any progress with your DBW issues. I am working through similar issues on my 2003 5.3 Grand Waggy swap. I do have a complete running 2003 Yukon daily driver and have tried swapping parts back and forth and still am scratching my head... and internet searching!

Going to dedicate this whole weekend to grounds!

Hope you've figured yours out and are on the road!
Ya, John at Speartech got it worked out. He said it was a compatibility issue with the DBW pieces and the PCM. He put a diferent tune on it, and it fired up & I took it for a short drive. He did not do the first tune. I wanted to ask him what exactly was wrong (not compatible) with the other tune, but I forgot.
Are all of your pieces for the same vehicle?
Old 12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstraining
Ya, John at Speartech got it worked out. He said it was a compatibility issue with the DBW pieces and the PCM. He put a diferent tune on it, and it fired up & I took it for a short drive. He did not do the first tune. I wanted to ask him what exactly was wrong (not compatible) with the other tune, but I forgot.
Are all of your pieces for the same vehicle?
I would be interested to know exactly what was wrong with your combo and how to spot it. I didn't buy a DBW engine because the dimwits didn't keep the pedal or TAC. Of course they acted like it was no big deal but I didn't want to hassle with trying to piece the stuff together.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
I would be interested to know exactly what was wrong with your combo and how to spot it. I didn't buy a DBW engine because the dimwits didn't keep the pedal or TAC. Of course they acted like it was no big deal but I didn't want to hassle with trying to piece the stuff together.
I'll try to give John a call this coming week. I am really curious too.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstraining
I'll try to give John a call this coming week. I am really curious too.
Thanks. Depending on what he says could make a difference on my next engine / PCM purchase. I have some ideas I want to experiment with and I need a PCM that was only offered as DBW to do it.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the email response:
"I think the main mismatch was a 2005 PCM program trying to be used with a 2006 pedal and TAC module.
Everything on your setup is 2006 now."

I am not sure if that helps you? You could always give him a call. What kinda of experimenting are you going to do? Or is it top secret?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:01 PM
x10
Teching In

So can you just disable the u0107 code?

Quick Reply: Still having DBW problems