What do y'all think of the "We are the 99%" protests in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do y'all think of the "We are the 99%" protests in NYC?

Here's the link to the protests official website.

Do they really think that protesting will accomplish something? These far left protesters are fighting against the most powerful, successful, wealthy people and organizations in the world.

They say they're fighting against the greed and corruption of the top 1% but really they are fight against capitalism and right wing politics.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, they should just go home and not even try. What's the point, right? It's better to complain on the internet than trying to do something in person.

/sarcasm

I applaud the efforts of everyone involved. It's only the beginning.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work in manhattan and live in ny, honestly I stopped paying attention. There are so many protests in the city, and nothing will ever get done anyway.,
people just need to vote properly. not just follow bullshit commercials. Retards vote in retards.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corruption and greed not only takes place in the top 1% of but in every single tier below it asis well. People know the solution but gave no interest in putting forth effort to achieve it. Due to their own selfish desires. People need to look in a mirror before pointing fingers.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Personally I think they are protesting in the wrong place. For what they are shooting for they need to go to DC.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

perhaps instead of bitching about current political and economic conditions, they should go start their own businesses so they don't have to deal with these evil corporations. or maybe just get a job, work your way up and bring about change from within. either one would be infinitely more productive than yelling over a loudspeaker then going back to their dorm rooms and lighting up a doobie.

people hate corporations and banks, but dont realize how much good they have done for this country and abroad. if you dont like the "establishment", then you can move out to the country side and engage in subsistence farming. maybe grow out some dreads and make money by selling weed to local biker gangs
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
Your a moron.
please elaborate. on a side note, never had someone argue with me over the internet who didn't fully grasp the difference between your and you're before. this should be good
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by black06g85
I work in manhattan and live in ny, honestly I stopped paying attention. There are so many protests in the city, and nothing will ever get done anyway.,
people just need to vote properly. not just follow bullshit commercials. Retards vote in retards.
Oh yea vote because your CORRUPT government will listen to what you want!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

This thread is almost getting as ridiculous as the protestors.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rCc...e_gdata_player
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

at the very least, people should vote just so they have the right to bitch about what happens. if u didnt vote, stfu.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
This thread is almost getting as ridiculous as the protestors.
Don't worry. I'm sure it will be locked soon.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

My thoughts: they have a right to assemble, when they get out of hand and ignore the law, they should be held accountable. That is all.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

At least we have the freedom to try to protest and try to make changes....try that **** in some other countries and see what happens!!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
please elaborate. on a side note, never had someone argue with me over the internet who didn't fully grasp the difference between your and you're before. this should be good
I think those people have a right to do what they are doing. I think those cops are out of line with the way they are removing the protesters. I watched a video yesterday of a ***** *** old mother ******* cop spraying women with pepper spray followed by his young buddies charging and beating the women's asses. It was disturbing. I believe this was 1 day after JP Morgan Bank donated $4.5 million to the NYPD.

Last edited by -Ross-; 10-04-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300
At least we have the freedom to try to protest and try to make changes....try that **** in some other countries and see what happens!!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
perhaps instead of bitching about current political and economic conditions, they should go start their own businesses so they don't have to deal with these evil corporations. or maybe just get a job, work your way up and bring about change from within. either one would be infinitely more productive than yelling over a loudspeaker then going back to their dorm rooms and lighting up a doobie.

people hate corporations and banks, but dont realize how much good they have done for this country and abroad. if you dont like the "establishment", then you can move out to the country side and engage in subsistence farming. maybe grow out some dreads and make money by selling weed to local biker gangs
You go ahead and try that, try and change a corporation from the "inside", what you see on tv doesn't work in real life. I applaud them for trying to open up peoples eyes to the corruption in the big businesses.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 AM
On The Tree

well, go ahead and support your "anti-war/pro hipster/anti-rich people/pro gay/anti-military/anti-capitalist/anti-bush/anti-obama/anti-nypd/pro drum circle/pro racial equality/anti-establishment/whatever else they're protesting" protest.

sure they have the right, but doesn't make it a good idea. for starters, it would probably be better if they had a common goal or cause, rather than amassing a bunch of disgruntled college students with 101 different voices. they probably should have gotten a permit before they decided to block off the streets and sidewalks and the brooklyn bridge. as for the cops, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say most of them probably had justification for making arrests and so on. didnt see the beatdown vids, feel free to share. did see one video where the guy claimed the cop arrested the guy because he had a camera though, which i thought was pretty funny.

you say im brainwashed by the mainstream media? you're nut-swinging on some hipster who made a youtube video on his macbook. i dont know how the name "jake the snake" has anything to do with being educated or not. if you must know im finishing up my last 12 hours for a bachelors in political science
Old 10-04-2011, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

as for my comment on enacting change from within, its entirely possible. i would wager that most of the ceo's weren't born as ceo's. they had to get there somehow

anyone can make a business. even stupid unedermucated jake the snake can make a business. they've made recent developments in this thing called the internet. i can make an ebay store if i wanted to, or start a home business with little to no capital. hell, there are two members on here that i know of that part out junked cars and sell **** on craigslist. its really not that hard, just need to get off your *** and do it.

with regard to corporations, unless youre living in a stone hut, hunt and forage for food, make your own clothes and tools, and put around in a homemade flintstone-mobile, i would suggest an ice cold glass of stfu, because chances are some evil corporation made most of the stuff you use on a daily basis. corporations and the government built this country. look it up

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 10-04-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

I see the masses saying they are unhappy. The polls you see on the television and on the internet say we aren't as unhappy. If we all voted the way we feel, you'd think things would change. The problem is, we don't have term limits for some positions and we let our representatives lie to us without consequence. At any time, we can all vote them out. We don't. Protests and demonstrations have proved their effectiveness. Look at the 1960s... those were times of serious change. It wasn't the politicians who changed it. It was the people. People got smart and stopped letting Government tell them what to do. I think it's time we all stop saying we are tired of this and tired of that... go do something about it. Demonstrate, protest, and make your voice heard, because if you think a call or email to your Congressman is going to do anything... you're a fool.