Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders swivel joint lca's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Founders swivel joint lca's?

Anyone used these? Are they really worth almost double the price of their normal lca's? Reading the info about them on the website sounds really good, but doesnt it always? lol

Last edited by lusting4ls1; 10-29-2011 at 01:24 AM. Reason: oops
Old 10-29-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently using founders LCA's and love them. (http://www.foundersperformance.com/p...trol-Arms.html) Havent had any issues except they came black when I ordered red.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Roto-Joint

We have a similar product called the Roto-Joint. These type of joints allow rod-end style movement with the comfort of a lined fitting, in other words they're very precise but without the harshness of metal-to-metal rod ends.

Keeping in mind rod ends aren't 100% metal to metal due to an injected race but still, they're considered metal to metal since the "plastic" is only a few thousandths thick.

Standard poly bushings are an upgrade over rubber for performance but take a bit of maintenance to keep them from squeaking.

It's all about making the best choice for your application.

ramey
Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the fact that they articulate with the rear suspension. Seems like that would be good for the corners, however I dont autocross the car. I just want it to hook and handle well on the street without sacrificing too much ride comfort.

Just seems this might be the way to go? If im reading it right, you kinda get the best of both worlds?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Default Roto-Joint

The Roto-Joints articulation during body roll or individual wheel travel prevents binding. The rod-end characteristic eliminates the deflection found with rubber (huge) or poly (better but still some, plus potential squeaking) bushings. They certainly are the best of both worlds.

We have satisfied customers on the street, strip, autocross, road race and Pro-Touring events.

Also, we can help you choose tubular or boxed trailing arms depending on your final application.

Happy Hot Rodding!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

I just recently installed these LCA's on my car. The difference was pretty noticable in traction and driving. Unfortunately I did notice a little more noise than wanted, mainly on the passenger side it seems. Overall I am happy though. Quality is great and fitment was no problem. Highly recommended.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Dainius. Thanks for choosing UMI and thanks for the nice comments. Do you have the spanner wrench? They should be pretty quiet. What type of noise?

ramey
Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I installed these lca's along relocation brackets. That combo is a huge improvement over poly/poly style lca's! I've also had rod end/rod end lca's. in my opinion the poly/swivel joint definitely is the best of both worlds. completely eliminated wheel-hop and made a considerable improvement in handling while keeping road noise to a minimum unfortunately the autocross season is over till next year, I won't be able to comment on that till the spring. But, I am sure they will make a big impact!!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Im sry for the confusion. I went with the Founders pieces for the LCA's. BUT if it helps any UMI will be my next purchase for the rest of my suspension upgrades!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Oh, thanks for clarifying Dainius. We at UMI appreciate all our past, present and future customers for sure. Look for continued product releases and innovations soon!

Quick Reply: Founders swivel joint lca's?