Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 5.3 in jeep o2 sensor and wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 5.3 in jeep o2 sensor and wiring questions

Finaly done with the instal of a 5.3 from a 2007 silverado in my 89 yj and getting started on wiring.

I ordered forward O2 sensors for 2007 chevy silverado 5.3 . The plugs on the o2 sensors that arrived look just like the isolated ground o2 sensor pic on the lt1 swap site. I cant seem to locate any plugs in the harness included with my engine that mate with the plugs on the o2 sensors.

There are 2 plugs that are similar but they do not have the relief cut on each side that would allow them to seat in the plug on the o2 .

Here are a couple of pics of the loose plugs in my harness.

This first pic is the plug on the o2 sensor, you can see the two molded ribs that keep it from bieng plugged into the wrong plug on the harness

There are only two un-attached 4 prong plugs which look similar to the plug on the o2 , but they dont have the second relief cut preventing them from seating in the o2 , this one is on the passengers side.

This one will reach the other side , it was plugged into another plug wich is only a few inches down the harnass, not sure if they were originaly plugged into each other or if someone standing around ust attached them.

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, I spent a good portion of the afternoon searching with out any luck. I am going to start simplifying the harness over the next feew days and I am sure once I trace from the ecm plug I will quickly know which ones are for the o2, would just like to find sensors with the correct plugs .

Thanks for any help
Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Here is a close up of the most likely plug, of which there are 2 , will it be ok for me to notch this plug so it will seat in the one on the o2 sensor or is there a reason it might not work with my combination

Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd buy a different part number 02 that will fit 100% to that plug
Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

any thoghts on what part number would be correct?

The current ones, which wont fit my harness are :

Walker Products Inc. Oxygen Sensor - Front
Part Number: W0133-1893833
Old 11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The white/gray plugs are the O2s which have a pulse width modulated ground through the PCM. If you are running a DBW 07 PCM, then the gray/white is what should be used. What color are the wires on your harness? Is this a 24x application?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

2007 was a transition year for the trucks so you could have a 24X or 58X Reluctor.

You could also have a E38 or "Warren" style ECU.

Here's how we can sort this out:

1. Post a picture of the ECU Connectors (Harness end) and the ECU.

2. Take a look above the starter and tell us what color the reluctor is. (Grey or Black)

Regards, Ken
Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Teching In

here are a few huge pics of the ecm

crank position sensor is black, the plug which plugs into it is somewhat off white in color
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Teching In

resized the pics so they dont stretch the screen. thanks for any help
Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's the Warren Style ECU and your Reluctor is a 24X which means it's the older style just like mine.

Go in and ask them for a O2 Sensor for a 2005 or 2006 and see what they give you. It should have the correct tab arangement.

FWIW the part number I used was a Bosch # 15150 which is the upstream one.

Ken

Last edited by Docked Wage; 11-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help, napa gave me a walker but it appeared , looking on line, to be the down stream, ordered the bosch 15150 you mentioned, will be cranking the jeep on Sat
Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

The downstream ones have a trapezoidal plug, the fronts are the square plugs. I've founds that many of them are for sale on Amazon.com, and have pictures of the plugs on there.

The O2 sensors themselves are all the same, for the most part. The different combinations are to prevent mis-wiring on the assembly line.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

I wondered if I should trust the pics on amazon, I found a couple of Denso and Walkers with what apeared to be the correct plug online in the sub $30 range which were listed as correct for my application but description stated pre-cat passengers side only and I couldnt find any listing on the cheap ones for pre-cat drivers side . Since the Bosch was listed as same for both sides I assumed both sides were the same but not wanting to go thru returning a 3rd set of o2 sensors I went with the bosch.
Havent cranked the jeep yet but hope to this weekend, just need to finish a few issues with wiring
Old 02-04-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been through the returning of parts thing and it ain't any fun. Hopefully you have the right ones now.

A quick word of advise on the final wire touches.

Just in case, don't wrap the harness until you know it's running and there are no CEL codes.

I ran mine through the loops to hold the split convoluted tubing but didn't wrap with tape or put on the tubing until it was running just in case I had to chase down a problem.

I got lucky and mine fired right up and the only CEL I had was because I forgot to plug in the MAF.

Here's a shot of the loose wire harness.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 5.3 in jeep o2 sensor and wiring questions-jeep-harness-start.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Teching In

You know i was thinking of that exact pic when I was taping the harnass up with out testing it a few days ago . I already have a couple of small 2 prong plugs that I have no idea about
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
Finaly done with the instal of a 5.3 from a 2007 silverado in my 89 yj and getting started on wiring.

I ordered forward O2 sensors for 2007 chevy silverado 5.3 . The plugs on the o2 sensors that arrived look just like the isolated ground o2 sensor pic on the lt1 swap site. I cant seem to locate any plugs in the harness included with my engine that mate with the plugs on the o2 sensors.

There are 2 plugs that are similar but they do not have the relief cut on each side that would allow them to seat in the plug on the o2 .

Here are a couple of pics of the loose plugs in my harness.

This first pic is the plug on the o2 sensor, you can see the two molded ribs that keep it from bieng plugged into the wrong plug on the harness

There are only two un-attached 4 prong plugs which look similar to the plug on the o2 , but they dont have the second relief cut preventing them from seating in the o2 , this one is on the passengers side.

This one will reach the other side , it was plugged into another plug wich is only a few inches down the harnass, not sure if they were originaly plugged into each other or if someone standing around ust attached them.

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, I spent a good portion of the afternoon searching with out any luck. I am going to start simplifying the harness over the next feew days and I am sure once I trace from the ecm plug I will quickly know which ones are for the o2, would just like to find sensors with the correct plugs .

Thanks for any help
I am also trying to figure out which o2 sensors to get for my application. I am on my second set and the plugs don't match. The first pic in this thread looks like the correct plug for my application. Can you give the info on where you fount this one? The thing is that all four of my harness end connectors are the same and look to mate with the first pics above.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Is it adviseable to changed out the pigtail ends to make them match properly?

Quick Reply: 2007 5.3 in jeep o2 sensor and wiring questions