Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Rail Covers or Relocate Coil Packs...help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Rail Covers or Relocate Coil Packs...help me decide!

So I am trying to decide what to do. The cost differences are negligable. Let me know what you think!

I have a 2002 Black Firehawk:

Option 1: Black fuel rail covers with the 5.7L and stripes in gray to match the gray firehawk writing on side of car. Gray and violet Firehawk decal about 5.7L and stripes that match the colors on the side of the car. I am going to paint my intake gray to match the gray color of the firehawk color on the side of the door so the black FRC will be a nice contrast.

Option 2: Coil pack relocation and shaved and powdercoated black valve covers. This option leaves some more the the wiring crap visible and may not look as clean as just covering it up, but it will be different and clean in a different way.

Please post up all your opinions!!! Thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

My opinion is FRCs do more for making the enigine compartment look good than any other mod. Coil relocation certainly makes it nicer, and makes working on the motor (changing plugs etc) a LOT easier.

SHOW = FRCs, RACE = RELOCATION
Old 03-11-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With coil pack relocation the packs and valve covers look cleaner (better) but the plug wires dont look as nice (since they are longer) unless you plan to take the time to run them very nicely..

There is also the cost factor..

I know Tony would dissagree but FRC look nice and give you a great place to do some artwork.

BUT, if you have it done right with the coil pack and some NICE valve covers then its a beautiful thing to behold (see MarkIXZD150's engine for his grand sport)..
Old 03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, his setup is AMAZING! I would just be getting the stock valve covers shaved and powdercoated. I am beginning to lean more towards the FRC option because it will keep the car more stock and since it is my DD, it may need to go in for warranty work at some point and I don't want them to have a cow if they can't find the coil packs, etc.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

FRC's!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Here are my FRc's in carbon fiber. I am going to get the "Firehawk" oem sticker and put across the frc's.I think the frc's make the engine look cleaner.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:08 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm going with the FRC's because I'm getting tired of cleaning all the coil packs everytime I go to a car show. Plus the FRC's just look neat in my opinion...
Old 03-11-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the relocated coil packs, I don't see any reason to hide the engine behind FRCs besides its a little messy.

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Covers or Relocate Coil Packs...help me decide!