Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Puppy kicking an LS2 C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puppy kicking an LS2 C6

Rolled up on what looked to be a bone stock LS2 C6 last night.. I was caught behind him at a light and I heard him throw a rev. I obliged with a rev and when the light turned green he moved ahead far enough to give me room to get over.

We line up at about 40, me laughing because this guy has no idea what he's got himself in to. I hold up three fingers and point at him, he nods. So he hits the first honk, I downshift to 2nd at 40 (could be in first, but traction's an issue). 2 more honks and we're off. To my surprise, he stays with me for a split second because I'm losing traction so badly at 40 in 2nd. I back off the throttle a bit, hook and leave him behind. I click 3rd, about 6 cars out, take it up to 100 in 3rd and let out. I couldn't see behind me too well, but it took him quite a while to get back up to me even after I had let off. I'd assume a bus and a half or so.

I stop at the next light and flip up my visor. He looks at me with bug eyes and rolls down his window. "What the hell kind of cruiser is that??? I've never been left by a cruiser like that!" I just laughed and told him most people don't expect it, don't feel bad. It makes almost 200 hp to the crank and weighs just under 700 lbs.

This was on a Star V-max, by the way.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

ok..........now we are abusing the puppy killiin
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Would kitten stomping be more appropriate?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here ya go

Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Rolled up on what looked to be a bone stock Honda Insight (88hp) last night.. I was caught behind him at a light and I heard him throw a rev. I obliged with a rev and when the light turned green he moved ahead far enough to give me room to get over.

We line up at about 40, me laughing because this guy has no idea what he's got himself in to. I hold up three fingers and point at him, he nods. So he hits the first honk, I downshift to 2nd at 40 (could be in first, but traction's an issue). 2 more honks and we're off. To my surprise, he stays with me for a split second because I'm losing traction so badly at 40 in 2nd. I back off the throttle a bit, hook and leave him behind. I click 3rd, about 6 cars out, take it up to 100 in 3rd and let out. I couldn't see behind me too well, but it took him quite a while to get back up to me even after I had let off. I'd assume a bus and a half or so.

I stop at the next light and flip up my visor. He looks at me with bug eyes and rolls down his window. "What the hell kind of car is that??? I've never been left by a car like that!" I just laughed and told him most people don't expect it, don't feel bad. It makes almost 500 hp to the crank and weighs just under 41000 lbs.

This was on a full bolt on SS, by the way.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Rolled up on what looked to be a bone stock Honda Insight (88hp) last night.. I was caught behind him at a light and I heard him throw a rev. I obliged with a rev and when the light turned green he moved ahead far enough to give me room to get over.

I stop at the next light and flip up my visor. He looks at me with bug eyes and rolls down his window. "What the hell kind of car is that??? I've never been left by a car like that!" I just laughed and told him most people don't expect it, don't feel bad. It makes almost 500 hp to the crank and weighs just under 41000 lbs.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I just laughed and told him most people don't expect it, don't feel bad. It makes almost 500 hp to the crank and weighs just under 41000 lbs.

damn, he beat me to it! As far as weight though, i thought those Vmax's weighed in the mid 700lbs range? Nice bike, very capable of hanging with and beating even 1,000cc sport bikes at the drag strip.

They ever figure out how to unlock the computer on them? Any way to remove that 140?mph speed limiter? Or at least remove the speed limiter when in race mode.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

The V-max are nice because they typically spin the tires rather than flip over backward with excess throttle.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
True story. The thing seems like it weights 20 tons.