Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter headers?

just wondering what people think of pacesetter long tube headers with an off road y pipe? I'm thinking of putting them on my 99 Z28 I have bbk shortys on it now but deff want long tubes and pacestters are in my budget what do you guys think?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by danbud22ss
just wondering what people think of pacesetter long tube headers with an off road y pipe? I'm thinking of putting them on my 99 Z28 I have bbk shortys on it now but deff want long tubes and pacestters are in my budget what do you guys think?
They are great for the money. I have the jethot coated pacesetters with there off road pipe and flowmaster exhaust. It sounds great and performance is awsome for the money. I ran in the 11's with there headers. I got the jethot coated pacesetters from maryland speed. Check the vendor sale section and see if its still available.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Here is the link i bought them from. http://marylandspeed.com/pacesetter-...jht-p-393.html
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

i had the same headers and flowmaster cat back and they sounded great and when i sold them 3 years after i put them on they were a lil rusty but not bad. if i was going to run long tubes again i would buy them.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check amazon.com, i got my painted ones for right at $275, free shipping & they were here in a day.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

I recently purchased Pacesetters ceramic coated LT's. Best bang for the buck. They have good fitment and clearance.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you going to be driving them daily? Do you plan on keeping this car for 5+ years?

I say this because while I was very happy with the cost, fitment and performance of my Pacesetter headers...I was a little dissapointed with the longevity of them. Even with the jethot coating, it they started to rust really badly where the coating flaked off. After 2.5 years of daily driving them through snow, salt and rain they were rusted quite a bit. Now they probably would've lasted another year or so but never got to see that as I replaced them.

So if you're going to be using these on a daily car and plan on keeping it for long, then you might want to get some stainless ones. If this is a summer only car then you should be ok in terms of reliability.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Pacesetters will work fine if you can't afford (or justify the cost of) the high end stuff. I've been running mine for over 2 years now and they work just fine. Mine are painted, not coated, and heat wrapped (which can accelerate deterioration.)

Can't wait to rip them off for some Kooks though....or a front mount turbo
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

For the cost, they're really hard to beat. I love the sound. Performance certainly increased but I don't have a definitive gain number as I did multiple mods at once.

I live in a really humid environment where everything oxidizes or rusts. Mine have some rust. I don't daily drive it but I drive it regularly.

I am going to replace mine with the ceramics but I'm certainly staying with pacesetters.

Quick Reply: pacesetter headers?