Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got any dyno #'s for eldebrock new headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got any dyno #'s for eldebrock new headers?

I was wondering if anyone has any #'s yet and how was the install? I dont know of i want to get the eldebrock uncoated or coated pacesetters.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

me too, I am seriously considering stepped headers. I need to decide early this week
Old 03-14-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

I think I guy from DFW picked up 40rwtq going from hookers/duals to edelbrock/duals.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Launching!

If thats true i will pick up a set next week.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

I believe it was Beenfetchedlately from the other board. His name on here is V6 bird. You may want to pm him and ask
Old 03-16-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats me. The car picked up that in the midrange NOT at peak. Power under the curve is more usable to me than peak HP. Looking forward to the NA track times to see if there is any increase there.

Mike
Old 03-17-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

This header is going to shine more on a big H&C, stroker, or any motor with nos, than it will NA.

Mine is still hanging on the wall, waiting for testing to be completed with the current setup. When I decide to install, I will post up before and after dyno, and also track times.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just ordered mine Can't wait to get them and have a look
Old 03-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Thats me. The car picked up that in the midrange NOT at peak. Power under the curve is more usable to me than peak HP. Looking forward to the NA track times to see if there is any increase there.

Mike
What does your car have for mods, displacement?
How did the install go? Did the hammer or torch have to be used?
Any ground clearance issues?
Is a Y-pipe available for it?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
This header is going to shine more on a big H&C, stroker, or any motor with nos, than it will NA.

Mine is still hanging on the wall, waiting for testing to be completed with the current setup. When I decide to install, I will post up before and after dyno, and also track times.
I disagree strongly. I have STOCK heads, 227/234 579/581 116 LSA cam and it picked up tremendously in the midrange. That is the power that I use. Yes i lost a few down low (3200 and less) but my stall leaves off the brake at 4200. The ground clearance would be an issue on some cars. Its not only for the H/C, stroker, or NOS motors, its for everyone looking to get that extra edge. If the car has the potential to make more than 450rwhp than Id suggest them. For a bolt-on car, I cant justify that yet. My car is cam only currently and it gained alot where i wanted it. Even gained about 5-6 up top hp and torque.

Mike
Old 03-17-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smokemup
What does your car have for mods, displacement?
How did the install go? Did the hammer or torch have to be used?
Any ground clearance issues?
Is a Y-pipe available for it?
Cam only car, 346 ci's. Specs are in my previous post. My car has a tubular K-member. The primary on the drivers side is very close on the motor mount. These are basically a copy of Hookers only in the stepped version. A y-pipe is available i believe through Edlebrock. Im not a fun of it really for the fact that the collectors are 3.5" and it reduces it down to a 3" y-pipe setup. The idea behind junctions is to run the same size pipe to the junction and then reduce it or expand it in size from there but not until it makes it to the junction. I am not interested in Y's since I work at Lanes and build the dual setups for these cars. I built a custom 3.5" X pipe setup for these headers and I must admit the ground clearance is pretty good.

Mike
Old 03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Launching!

IM probley going to order a set next week.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info on the Edelbrocks! Do you have any pics of the ground clearance and/or fitment? I have the Eibach Pro Kit, and I am concerned about clearance. Do you happen to have overlays of your two dyno sheets to show where the gains were?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I disagree strongly. I have STOCK heads, 227/234 579/581 116 LSA cam and it picked up tremendously in the midrange. That is the power that I use. Yes i lost a few down low (3200 and less) but my stall leaves off the brake at 4200. The ground clearance would be an issue on some cars. Its not only for the H/C, stroker, or NOS motors, its for everyone looking to get that extra edge. If the car has the potential to make more than 450rwhp than Id suggest them. For a bolt-on car, I cant justify that yet. My car is cam only currently and it gained alot where i wanted it. Even gained about 5-6 up top hp and torque.

Mike
I never said they wouldn't work with a stock head. I said they would shine MORE in a H&C, stroker, NOS setup. But I'm glad they worked out so great in your setup.

I personally like the 3.5" merge collector. I got a feeling the NOS is gonna like that one. I can only hope to see gains as good as the ones that you saw. Thanks for sharing the results